Role and Duty v Player Instructions

I've been playing structured and leaving the player role on the default with the least amount of PI - then use Player Instructions. What I'm wondering is, if I use the same PI that would be the same as what might be used for a Deep Lying Playemaker, does that make him a DLP even though he's set as a MC?

I have a Role and Duty vs Player Instructions question too: if I decide to use a DLF(s) and instruct him to "tackle harder" and to "close down more", am I going to have a player that acts exactly as the DF (s) acts when without the ball (with the ball, DLF has "hold up ball" and "more risky passes", the latter being unavailable for DF) ?

The second question is about closing down, the DF has it on "sometimes" and the in-game description states that he'll "rarely reach extreme and rather adopt a balanced approach", but the bar goes all the way to the right. The DLF, on the other hand, has it on "sometimes" too and the in-game description also states that he'll "rarely reach extreme and rather adopt a balanced approach". But the bar doesn't go all the way to the right. When I click it so that it goes all the way to the right, I get "closes down more" with "encourages the player to harass the oposition more" in-game description.
Does this mean that the DLF can be instructed to close down even more than the DF?

On 11/19/2016 at 14:19, charisma_charisma said:

I have a Role and Duty vs Player Instructions question too: if I decide to use a DLF(s) and instruct him to "tackle harder" and to "close down more", am I going to have a player that acts exactly as the DF (s) acts when without the ball (with the ball, DLF has "hold up ball" and "more risky passes", the latter being unavailable for DF) ?

The second question is about closing down, the DF has it on "sometimes" and the in-game description states that he'll "rarely reach extreme and rather adopt a balanced approach", but the bar goes all the way to the right. The DLF, on the other hand, has it on "sometimes" too and the in-game description also states that he'll "rarely reach extreme and rather adopt a balanced approach". But the bar doesn't go all the way to the right. When I click it so that it goes all the way to the right, I get "closes down more" with "encourages the player to harass the oposition more" in-game description.
Does this mean that the DLF can be instructed to close down even more than the DF?

The bar position on things like closing down is in relation to your overall team closing down, so in your example the DF will still only be closing down sometimes, but it will be the highest closing down your team set-up allows. Thus, the bar appears to the right. The difference you see between the DF and DLF is coded into the role which accounts for the differences in the bar at the same player setting, if that makes sense. Some roles can be tweaked more than others, like you see with the DLF, he can be set to a broader variety of closing down.

In terms of your first question, yes, basically your DLF(S) with those instructions will act like DF(S) off the ball, except the DF (I think, could have it wrong way around) will drop deeper when you are defending.

Thank you very much for your answer!

Regarding dropping lower when in defence, I'll check that out watching games, but I think they probably act the same bcs they occupy the same position in tactics screen, AMD according to Rashidi, that's wat determines dropping deeper when in defence 

Archived