Mark Tall Player

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else has noticed that the "Mark Tall Player" option from set pieces is not really working.

I just faced a corner where my 3 central defenders were each tasked with marking a tall opposition player. Only a single one of them marked a tall player. Jordi Amat marked up on Diego Perotti (5'10"), Rodrigo Ely marked Radja Nainggolan (5'9") and Alessio Romagnoli marked Eden Dzeko (6'4"). This left Federico Fazio (6'5") and Kostas Manolas (6'1") free in the area.

I'm writing this because Fazio scored a header, as he was completely unmarked.

Now, the system I'm using for corners is having 5 players take the zonal marking positions in the box, then I wanted my 3 central defenders man-marking the opposition danger men, but if the game can't identify tall players from short, then this isn't going to work.

Try changing changing the instructions from mark tall player to just man mark then use 3 man markers, have a player on each post, 2 zonal markers at each end of the six yard box with the strongest header of the two being at the front, somebody at the edge of the area to chase clearances and leave two up front. You will be dangerous on the counter and the opposition will keep an extra man back to deal with the two left upfield.

Archived