Player injured again after 11 minutes back in training!

I am managing a team with Cattermole (serial injurer) and Rodwell (permainjured) so yeah see this quite often, with Rodwell I got the news item saying he was fit and transfer listed him instantly hoping now he was fit someone would take him. Offered him out pressed continue and.... out for 2 months.

Daniel Ginczek for Stuttgart. He actually starts the season injured, which leaves me with a single striker and a couple of kids. Now Stuttgart start the game with a relatively unbalanced squad, so I did not buy a striker at the start since I had bigger problems elsewhere. 

Ginkers comes back from his injury, bangs them in for a couple of matches, and gets injured again (short term this time). This repeats on and off all season. Finally, just at the business end of the season he stays fit for 10 games (playing terribly mind). The day before we have a match which, if we win, will see us promoted he gets injured... for 9 months. We still manage to win, but I think this may be the end for Ginkers as a first team member of this squad (unless I get relegated directly next season, in which case I assume he will not be my problem).

In all seriousness, with players like this I will usually try to replace them as soon as is feasible. I will also avoid signing a player who is flagged as injury prone unless they are a an amazing talent. Then they train lightly, and are only removed from their packaging briefly for short bursts.

Archived