[FM17] Ilkeston FC - A dafuge Challenge

RSJ

Welcome to me 'latest' save. This save will be based around dafuge's challengeFor those of you unaware, the idea is to holiday for a year, take control of one of the 6 newly promoted sides to the Vanarama North/South and guide them to Champions League victory.

Game: Football Manger 2017 (17.1.2)

Database Size: Large

League Loaded:

• England (English Regional First Divisions and above)
  • France (View Only)
  • Spain (View Only)
  • Scotland (View Only)
  • Italy (View Only)
  • Germany (View Only)

Previous Experience: Sunday morning football (literally) with NO licenses 

Aims for the save:

• Win Champions League
  • Produce a full England International from Academy
  • Surpass Derby & Notts Forest

a526268223.jpg

Ilkeston FC

Introduction...

Ilkeston Football Club is an English football club based at the New Manor Ground in Ilkeston, Derbyshire. They play in the Vanarama National League North. The club was founded in 2010 as a successor to the liquidated Ilkeston Town. The club have played since their formation at the 3,029 capacity New Manor Ground, formerly the home of their predecessor club. Like Ilkeston Town, they are known as 'The Robins'. (taken from Wikipedia).

Club Profile | Facilities | Finances | History

My choices for takeover were Ilkeston, Lowestoft and North Ferriby. I live a stones throw from Ilkeston so its seemed the logical choice.

Finances are 'ok' and theres room in that wage budget should it stay the same, which im hopeful.

No history at all so a real chance to put my own stamp on this club. 

The squads...

Main | U23's | U18's

A few decent options in the squad there but it needs some work to allow a strength in depth. Most of those U23 players will move up for the time being. At quick glance, can see most are unhappy with aspects of training so will look into that and my staff ASAP. No U18s at all, i think i will filter some young free agents, get them in on trial and keep the good ones to form the base of a decent U18 squad.

a526268223.jpg

Ilkeston FC

Season Preview 2017/18...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vanarama National League North: Avoid Relegation / Media Prediction 21st

FA Cup: Reach Third Qualifying Round

FA Trophy: Reach Third Qualifying Round

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £4,517 (p/w) - currently spending £2,987 (p/w)

Season Tickets Sold: 316

Managers Thoughts:

A bitch of a league to get out of, especially at the first attempt. !st place goes up automatically, leaving 2nd-5th to fight it out in the play-offs. I have my eye on that 5th spot. With no money to improve the squad, i'll be heavily reliant on loans and free transfers.

On 11/25/2016 at 22:36, RSJ said:

Tactics...

This isnt looking good - struggling massively with my tactics, again!

I'm no expert but I think a simple 4-4-2 works best at the level you're playing? The players aren't good enough to play anything advanced. Most the other teams you encounter will play a 4-4-2 as well. A flat 4-4-2 is actually a pretty decent "counter" to another 4-4-2 :) 

Archived