Celtic and Rangers in English Leagues?

Flettycfc

I made one with b teams still playing in Scotland. 4th season in i finished 6th in the prem and qualifying for the europa league....the game for some reason though didn't have me playing in europe the next season. Was very frustrating after spending all that time. 

So just watch if you do make one that everything works properly. 

I've made a multi league with clubs from all over Europe and further afield. The Premier League has the likes of Real, Barce and Bayern competing with Arsenal and Chelsea. Celtic are in my third level and Rangers started in the fifth although got relegated. When it comes to European qualification what happens is the top teams in each country qualify, not the top teams in my league. So Celtic still qualify for the Champions League every year.

On 26.11.2016 at 13:12, phnompenhandy said:

It's so easy to do it yourself. In the editor just click on 'swap' for 2 English clubs and replace them with the Old Firm. 2 minute job.

If you don't care to have 2 English clubs playing in the Scottish league. Otherwise it's a bit more work.

Free up two places in the English Second, you can relegate them one league deeper, and then you have to do that will all other leagues/divisions until the lowest level you want to play.

Now move the two Scottish clubs into the English second league.

To fill up the vacant places in the Scottish league system you need to do the same as for the English system, just the opposite way. Start in the lowest league, promote two, promote two in the next until the top divisions.

This way you will still have a realistic setup in both league systems.

On 11/26/2016 at 20:34, Whatawaster95 said:

I made one with b teams still playing in Scotland. 4th season in i finished 6th in the prem and qualifying for the europa league....the game for some reason though didn't have me playing in europe the next season. Was very frustrating after spending all that time. 

Might be due to Celtic still being a Scottish team, thus disqualified from taking part in European matches representing the English league. Not sure if that's how it works in the editor, but it sounds plausible.
(I suppose you haven't "moved" those teams geographically, meaning they're still based in Glasgow, right?)

On 26/11/2016 at 19:34, Whatawaster95 said:

Have to make sure their "Nation" is set to England, "Based nation" is set to Scotland and their "Continental Qualification Nation" is England.

I did something similar with Welsh (Swansea, Cardiff and the 4 others) clubs playing in the Welsh leagues, and TNS back the other way. It worked well. As mentioned in the previous post I wanted European Comps involved so setting the nations part was important.
It was a holiday save to see how it would go.

Archived