[FM 17] If You’re Not First, You’re Last Redux – Redemption For The “Nearly Men” Of Europe

ManUtd1

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One rude awakening I've hit is that due to Brexit (which I paid very little attention to at the time), I cannot sign anyone based outside of England until their 18th birthday.  I'm not waiting 2 years for this Scottish midfielder!  :lol:

Follow up questions to your very deep insight into the whole scouting thing, if you don't mind.

1. You mentioned that you look at clubs with good youth academies for young prospects. Is there a way of like, sorting these clubs out to access them easier, or do you have to just browse around?

2. How often would you say you are browsing around looking for players?

3. Not really a question, but how you managed to find Matt Austin in Australia somehow is something I'll herald you for. That is crazy impressive. How'd the thought even go to look at their team?

Thanks, and go Leeds!

4 minutes ago, R7Now said:

Follow up questions to your very deep insight into the whole scouting thing, if you don't mind.

1. You mentioned that you look at clubs with good youth academies for young prospects. Is there a way of like, sorting these clubs out to access them easier, or do you have to just browse around?

2. How often would you say you are browsing around looking for players?

3. Not really a question, but how you managed to find Matt Austin in Australia somehow is something I'll herald you for. That is crazy impressive. How'd the thought even go to look at their team?

Thanks, and go Leeds!

Good questions.  In terms of #1, there isn't a sortable method that I'm aware of.  There are lists around that show (without divulging the actual stats) which clubs are good for scouting.  Places like the Australian FA Academy fall right in line with Clairefontaine -- they exist, and you can just go poke your head in very quickly.  It's easy to use reminders for this purpose -- even just a monthly reminder telling you to go check the world youth intake screen.

On that screen, you can even do the Ctrl-A/Right click method...granted, that can be a little bit crazy:

41d013039970c7df32e95888d5879ae7.jpg

My point is, from this screen you can scroll through month by month you'll get a sense for who's producing what regens, when.  That'll give you clues about clubs to really pay attention to, especially as you move deeper into a save.

(Asking your scouts for +1800 reports would murder your inbox!)

#2...well, I've been at Leeds for 2 days now and have only progressed a month.  I've got my shortlists, but part of the problem is sifting through who is interested and available with my transfer budget...and I didn't have scouts to update anything.  What a mess.  Regardless, I'm on track now.

So...I've spent the better part of 2 days trying to land the half-dozen or so players I feel I need to avoid relegation.  That's a lot of time.  Generally, as my squad develops I spend less time searching for players because I need them less.

23 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

(lots of stuff)

Alright, that makes sense. Checking the world youth intake screen is something that does sound quite useful. This is actually my first Football Manager, so it's still a matter of getting methods down of how to navigate it all. It's a daunting task! Thanks for answering, and I'll try what you said in the near future.

1 minute ago, R7Now said:

Alright, that makes sense. Checking the world youth intake screen is something that does sound quite useful. This is actually my first Football Manager, so it's still a matter of getting methods down of how to navigate it all. It's a daunting task! Thanks for answering, and I'll try what you said in the near future.

There's so much going on, finding you way can be a major challenge.  The beauty of these boards is that, if someone is willing to read/learn/try things, everyone will gladly help out :)

Well, the Brexit feature affects the signing of other players abroad. What are the process of that feature then how they will sign players from abroad to British Isles nations? Following with that, there are awesome regens in any team like in the other nations, but this Leeds roster should be more fun.:D

7 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Watching them play is so incredibly annoying, but worth it for a player you really need to lure. I'm pretty sure that's how @BoxToBox signed a genius forward from Bayern, in his Munster save.

This is is, I must have gone to twenty games of his. Worth every moment. It's not that bad though, as you don't actually have to watch the match, long as you've actually shown up you can leave instantly.

Also, once they're set as your top target, you can ask your star players to butter them up in the media once every now and then.

3 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

This is is, I must have gone to twenty games of his. Worth every moment. It's not that bad though, as you don't actually have to watch the match, long as you've actually shown up you can leave instantly.

Also, once they're set as your top target, you can ask your star players to butter them up in the media once every now and then.

Ohhhh I might do that. I hadn't thought of just leaving straight away. I found a wonderkid right back for Corinthians about two days ago that I might try and lure. The kid looks like he'll be the new Hector Bellerin.

11 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Would you mind feeling me how you find prospects such as Lundqvist, Besevic etc?

I'm trying to focus on youth over at Stoke and I'm trying to build the team for the future.

Damnit, I only see now that this says ‘feeling’. It was meant to be ‘telling’. This is why you shouldn't type whilst tired.

7 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Haha...I completely blanked on this when writing up above!  I love that option.

4 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Damnit, I only see now that this says ‘feeling’. It was meant to be ‘telling’. This is why you shouldn't type whilst tired.

Well all understood, obviously :)

I'm off for the weekend with the family, so no laptop starting in a few minutes.  Tomorrow night, at least, I can finally play the first matches with Leeds...

Can't play until tomorrow night, but my mind is turning while the missus drives. Grapefruktiki-Taka is likely beyond my side's ability, at least in terms of avoiding relegation. 

So, a slight tweak to the Leeds rule. If not possession football per se, it has to be hipster football.  Pep-the-Bald Wearing-Lederhosen football. That at least gives some hope.

Ouch.  This is not the way to start my tenure at Leeds.  I genuinely don't think we created a single chance, against teams we have to beat in order to avoid relegation.  It was like LVG's United at its worst, the exact opposite of incisive/purposeful.  We were completely outplayed in both matches.  

993b34e31d019c82c1d38d00343b85e7.png

I've had Grapefruit 2.0 in one of the tactic slots with a 433/41221 version in the other, so may be shifting tactics.  We wouldn't use 2.0, though, without tweaking some things to be more "hipster."

Edited by ManUtd1
Forgot screenshot

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

Play a Trequartista and remind them of the King. :D

Hahaha...I'm actually tossing Grapefruit and its various iterations.  I'll either get fired or institute seriously hipster football.  One of the two formations I'm working towards a trequartista.

1 hour ago, Repsalty said:

Yay, we're getting drama!

THISGONBGUD.gif

Oh, it's coming...

1 hour ago, majesticeternity said:

Hey, just finished reading through this. Amazing journey so far!

Sorry you have to manage Leeds, but at least it will be an adventure! ;)

Thanks for reading! Leeds is...brutal. I'm genuinely not enjoying it thus far. The side is snatching points and we're performing above expectations. The issue really feels like a broader one. It's England I'm not enjoying, more than the Leeds element. The inability to sign any foreign players before their 18th birthday (Brexit) eliminates one of the things I most enjoy about FM - finding young players and moulding them, such that we have a conveyor belt of homegrown talent. That, and England is not particularly...exciting after all these years of CM/FM.

Edited by ManUtd1

48 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Oh, it's coming...

Thanks for reading! Leeds is...brutal. I'm genuinely not enjoying it thus far. The side is snatching points and we're performing above expectations. The issue really feels like a broader one. It's England I'm not enjoying, more than the Leeds element. The inability to sign any foreign players before their 18th birthday (Brexit) eliminates one of the things I most enjoy about FM - finding young players and moulding them, such that we have a conveyor belt of homegrown talent. That, and England is not particularly...exciting after all these years of CM/FM.

I forgot about how Brexit would affect your youth development philosophy.

47 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

The inability to sign any foreign players before their 18th birthday (Brexit) eliminates one of the things I most enjoy about FM - finding young players and moulding them, such that we have a conveyor belt of homegrown talent. 

I completely agree with that. The world-wide, players from everywhere, welcome everyone, search and find a great player in some hidden corner of the earth..that's what's the best.

Although...sometimes being forced to do things outside our comfort zone makes us appreciate the other more, so maybe you'll enjoy the rest of the save that much more, once you leave Leeds? Here's to hoping...

Some day, this place is gonna burn...

560c57a7bcb8e23d0face6ee8b76ac78.png

Leeds United

November 2030 - Mini Update

****ing bollocks.  That's what it is.  The cold.  The rain.  The sheep ******* everywhere, baaing like they own the ******* place.

We're sitting 11th in the table, and I know I should be pleased.  But I'm not.  I hate this ******* city.  I hate this ******* league and its stupid ******* transfer restrictions.  We're playing this high tempo, pressing manic tactic...with inverted wingbacks and no strikers!  Not a single one.  It's beautiful watching Lineker try to wrap his over-tanned melon around that one.  The snide ****.

Truth be told, I miss Apples more than words can say.  She keeps me centered.  Balanced.  Honestly, she's been asking about kids -- maybe it's time I finally say yes.  Make our lives complete.  I'm more ready now than I ever thought I could be.  I miss her so.

I could manage this if Apples were at my side, but all I have to hear about is Emma-this and Emma-that.  They're on set together for the next month, in Sweden and Italy, before returning to London.  I'd have the holidays with her, normally, but not here.  Oh, no.  She doesn't like this city.  And we're away to Wolves on "Boxing Day" anyway.

So, Apples and Emma will enjoy their holiday in London and celebrate the wrapping of the film.  My film.  I should be there, but instead I'll be in ************ Wolverhampton.

It's cold and wet, here in the north.  Dark.  Lonely.  It makes a man think.  About Apples, and our future.  Yes, kids will be nice.  It would certainly bring a sparkle to Leeds, some magic to the cold, wet English nights. 

You know, some hate the English.  I don't.  They're just wankers.

That **** of a director, for example.  Someone should tell that ****** that Malmo's glorious Champions League victory didn't any involve slow-motion bare-knuckle boxing.  And neither did Fiorentina's.  And I certainly kept my shirt on during matches.  Artistic license, my smelly left bollock.

And what is with the stupid ******* title of the movie, now?  What was wrong with the working title, Telleus' XI?  Like that Clooney flick, but with better looking women.

But, seriously -- Malmen: A Game of Shadows?  That sounds like some low-budget snuff flick starring a half-man/half-fish with the ol' twig and berries obliterated via CGI.  No one wants to see that.

It's obsence, is what it is.  But I digress...

I don't know how much more of this I can take.

a94749b63818d5598b3a041e0fd920a2.png

f8a088ed335ef20f20de3c37bd260906.png

377efb103f5899847c6e8677880e6da4.png

We're doing far better than we have any right to, honestly.  The Board has agreed to raise our transfer budget from $6M to $36M.  They've also agreed to upgrade all facets of our facilities -- junior coaching, youth recruitment, and youth/training facilities.

4 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

I forgot about how Brexit would affect your youth development philosophy.

4 hours ago, majesticeternity said:

I completely agree with that. The world-wide, players from everywhere, welcome everyone, search and find a great player in some hidden corner of the earth..that's what's the best.

Although...sometimes being forced to do things outside our comfort zone makes us appreciate the other more, so maybe you'll enjoy the rest of the save that much more, once you leave Leeds? Here's to hoping...

Yeah, it's definitely a spanner in the well-greased machine.  This may also just be the first-season growing pains that will dissipate once I can start truly building a squad -- the initial $6M budget was brutal.

Making it worse is that Atletico's manager was sacked, and they've offered me an interview.  The diabolical bastards.

FADE IN

EXT. ELLAND ROAD -- NIGHT

A dark, stormy night.  Not a single star can be seen in the late November sky.  The wind whips the bare branches of the trees.  A flourescent sports car speeds into the lot, pulling into the staff garage at pace before screeching to a halt.  LUDWIG HAMMAR leaps from the driver's side almost before the engine has stilled.  

INT. ELLAND ROAD

It is pitch black.  In the distance, you can hear LUDWIG calling out for HAKAN TELLEUS as his footsteps come closer.  Muffled sobs are heard.  The door suddenly flies open, casting a bright light into the room.  It is HAKAN'S office.  HAKAN is curled in the fetal position on the couch, an uncorked bottle of Champagne in one hand.

LUDWIG: There you are.  I got your message I've been looking all over...what...Hakan, talk to me.  What's going on?

HAKAN mumbles incoherently before taking a large swig of Champagne, half of which ends up on his well-stained club tracksuit.

LUDWIG: Hakan, seriously mate.  Talk to me.  You said it's over.  What's over, Hakan?  We're flying high, you were off to Madrid, my keycard still opens the door...what are you talking about?

HAKAN (eyes unfocused):  It's all over, Big Daddy.  All of it.

LUDWIG: Wait, did the Board...do they know about Spain?

HAKAN (slurring heavily): They wouldn't know about Spain if I...bit...yeah, bit them in el trasero!!!

LUDWIG (confused): Have you bitten someone, Hakan?  Because--

HAKAN (angrily): How many times have I told you?! Biting people won't solve your problems!

LUDWIG is stunned into silence.

LUDWIG: I know, Hakan.  I know.  Let's talk, though.  You wanted to talk.  What's over, man?

HAKAN (weeping): Everything.  It's all over.

LUDWIG (patiently): You've got to spell it out for me.  When Atletico called earlier, you left so fast I assumed it could be nothing but good news, man.  What happened?

HAKAN (mumbling): I told her.

LUDWIG: Told her...who?  What?  You've been gone for the better part of a day.

HAKAN (focusing):  I went to London.  To tell Apples about Madrid.  About our baby--

LUDWIG (shocked, staring off into the middle distance): Apples is pregnant?!?  Why didn't you tell me?!  That must be why Emma left me a cryptic message earlier, asking if I'd talked to you.

HAKAN: No, Ludwig, it's--

LUDWIG (not listening): I should have called her back, but I've been trying to find you and ... I mean...congratulations are in order, yeah?

HAKAN passes the bottle to LUDWIG, who takes a long pull.

HAKAN: That's not it, Ludwig.  There's no baby.  I went to London, to tell her that I was ready to start a family, in Madrid.  A new life, away from the ***** at Leeds.  Away from the rain and dark of northern England.  Away from all the   ******* sheep...

LUDWIG: That's tremendous!!!  I'm so excited for both of you!  I--

HAKAN (interrupting):  She's gone, Ludwig.  Gone.

LUDWIG (abruptly): What?!

HAKAN (softly, tearing up):  She's left me.  For good.  It's over.

LUDWIG (cautiously): There must be some mistake, man.  This isn't right.   I'll call Emma and get the full stor--

HAKAN (laughing):  Yeah, you do that, brother.  Emma can give you the FULL story.

A long silence ensues, as Ludwig and Hakan share a meaningful look.

LUDWIG: You're not saying...

HAKAN: Yeah, brother.  She left me.  For Emma.  They're quite happy, it seems.  And have been for some time.  Something about Emma playing her in the movie, they formed a bond...

LUDWIG (after a long pause): ****ing Hell, brother.  That's grim.

HAKAN (gesturing for Ludwig to return the bottle): Tell me about it.

LUDWIG: But, you were so happy...Emma and I were...going to try again...Madrid...it was...Spain...

LUDWIG is at a loss for words.  HAKAN appears suicidal.

HAKAN (chuckling): Madrid?!  Doesn't seem quite right anymore, now does it?  I turned it down.  Leeds?  This ****hole fits my mood like a glove.

HAKAN pauses to swig from the bottle.

HAKAN: That **** Guy Ritchie ruined my life.

LUDWIG: Yeah, mate.  That **** sure did.

HAKAN and LUDWIG pass the bottle back and forth, finishing it in silence.  Another bottle is found.  And then another.

FADE OUT

Edited by ManUtd1

10 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Nice! £33m

Subsequently bumped to $45M!

3 hours ago, LUFCspeni said:

The triumph of winning the Champions League is going to be great, I can feel it!

It feels a long ways off right now...

51 minutes ago, R7Now said:

Gotta move on, I guess. Perhaps there's a nice British woman named Bananas who would be interested in Hammerin' Hakan.

Haha...yeah. We'll see. If it were Scotland, I'd be inclined to turn that brief Trainspotting reference into something more.

27 minutes ago, Repsalty said:

I did not see that twist coming, this is getting really dramatic. I will be careful what I wish for next time...

Hahaha...I'd been planning that one for a while. :lol:

6 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

At least he's not in Liverpool, I guess.

Knock on wood...

Forget Malmen: A Game of Shadows, I'm holding out for the Lifetime made-for-TV movie...

FADE IN

EXT. MALMO -- DAY

Tree branches with the the first white blossoms of spring contrasts the bright blue sky. Birds chirp occasionally over the murmurs of distant city noises. Beside and below, a city square filled with the accroutrements of a movie set. A brisk breeze ripples the limbs, loosening a petal. Caught in the breeze, the petal flutters the length of the square to a side street closed to traffic but lined with tables filled with indistinguishable food. The breeze ceases, dropping the petal to the cobblestones. Next to it a metal wheel. Rising, the wheel becomes wooden siding becomes a trio of trays. A craft services cart, overflowing with several piles of ripe, whole fruit waits to be plucked.

DIRECTOR (yelling offscreen): And... action!

APOLLONIA (voice over): They'll tell you it makes no sense. You should never compare apples to oranges; they're just too different.

One particularly beautiful red apple from the top of its pile, jostled by the imperceptible vibrations of footsteps in the square, rolls off. The apple nestles into the base of the pile next to it. A pile of oranges.

FADE TO BLACK

APOLLONIA (twinkling, voice over): But what do they know?

TITLE FADES IN: Love Yourself, Love Another: The Apollonia Watson Story

Some day, this place is gonna burn...

560c57a7bcb8e23d0face6ee8b76ac78.png

Leeds United

December 2030 - Mini Update

Well, Merry ****ing Christmas Eve to you, too.  I'm sat at The Old Peacock across from Elland Road, nursing a Guinness.  Alone, with Betsy the Barmaid.  At least, that's what I call her.  I have no clue what her name actually is.  I'm too depressed to care.

It didn't help that Apples sent me a present, all brightly wrapped and tied up with a ribbon.  I haven't opened it yet.  It's probably something thoughtful and profound.

I sent her a Christmas present, too -- a jar of my tears.  (Full credit to Ludwig, who talked me down with sage advice that other bodily fluids or actual body parts would not be "in keeping with the Christmas spirit."  Fine, but St. Paddy's day is right around the corner.)

The only things keeping me sane are Ludwig and the delicious nectar of the Gods dispensed liberally by Betsy.  That, and the brilliantly mental football that we're playing.

Pep the Bald can eat a ****.  We're the new hipsters in town.  Who's sending out his XI to play an asymmetric, very fluid, high tempo system with no strikers, inverted wingbacks and a libero?  This guy.  That's who.  (After a fair amount of tactical  stops-and-starts, it must be said.)

It's brilliantly mental football.  Incredibly, we're sitting 8th on 25 points.  We have only lost once in the League since Apples left.

Only time will tell if we continue on this mad run, or if it all comes crashing down.

I'll be looking to flush out the squad a bit in January.  With any luck, we can make a few signings to help finish the season.  Relegation isn't on the cards, barring a collapse of Tottenham-esque proportions.  If we could qualify for Europe, that would be a monumental step forward.

a94749b63818d5598b3a041e0fd920a2.png

2d16f566da68b90c2b4e16b63ea1bcea.jpg

de089f505acf32ef6a95d43a06fd8ef9.jpg

814b90766d3d97f6306f68a612c48db5.png

All told, I have to be happy with how the season is going.  I just need to settle on a hipster tactic and get my squad assembled.  That will cure my current frustrations at Leeds.

I'm not kidding about the insane football.  We're playing this 5-5-0 formation, which I've based heavily on principles discussed by both @LPQR and Strikerless Guido on his blog, about the use of a libero and strikerless tactics in general.  This is not my genius, such as it is/isn't, on display here.

dabd3a65f9f8e2b9ca4e4e4a05375222.png

5dca25933013a3d74b1b30e418705e9e.png

It is nothing less than completely mental, high pressing, direct/aggro football.  Matches are utterly insane.  We have tons of movement on and off the ball, with a million incisive balls played through (or over the top) to the "front" three.  The opposition defense is continually pulled out of position, which is the entire point of the system and what makes it work.  Defensively, we've been more solid than I expected given the tactic and gap in quality with most PL sides.  

Legrand is a left-footed right back I signed on loan from PSG, with a very favorable option to purchase.  He's agreed to a permanent move will be finalized in January.  Llorente is a right-footed defensive midfielder I'm converting into an IWB...on loan from Sevilla, with a very favorable option to purchase.  I'm hoping to pick it up in January or later in the year (he wouldn't negotiate in late October).  As noted above, Carcel is an incredible young player on loan from Arsenal.  If I can sign him, I can guarantee that he'll feature in our XI when we win the CL.

Frankly, the fact that we're doing so well with a side held together by duct tape, using such a mental tactic...I'm interested to see how it performs when we can field a more talented/developed XI.

Edited by ManUtd1

51 minutes ago, mjaferrie said:

Brexit ain't all bad, embrace the challenge!  Christ, who am I kidding...

Easy for you to say!  Given the severe restrictions you're playing under, mine must seem reckless and carefree!  :lol:

24 minutes ago, Ceching You Out said:

Love Yourself, Love Another: The Apollonia Watson Story

I'd totally watch that.  But, who will be cast to play Emma-playing-the-role-of-Apples?  It's a real Inception-esque, Russian-nesting-doll effect here.

4 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

I'd totally watch that.  But, who will be cast to play Emma-playing-the-role-of-Apples?  It's a real Inception-esque, Russian-nesting-doll effect here.

The bloke playing Hakan probably needs a new gig...

3 minutes ago, LPQR said:

control+very fluid+be more expressive? :lol: I'm having a heart-attack...

It is utter and complete madness.  I blame Guido, not you, for that combination.  It manages to work, but is as utterly insane as you'd expect.

EDIT to complete the thought -- in short, when attacking it creates an obscene amount of movement from the front 5.  The central midfielders and front 3 are all making runs, the IWBs are tucking in to provide some support centrally...its bananas, but exactly what a strikerless system would have to accomplish.

Edited by ManUtd1

1 minute ago, ManUtd1 said:

It is utter and complete madness.  I blame Guido, not you, for that combination.  It manages to work, but is as utterly insane as you'd expect.

well, if you have the squad for it, it could work. but then what does work mean? :) i prefer to be more balanced rather than going all-out and conceding too much when it matters the most. Guido is known for his 'highly expressive' systems, but yeah, you need the players to pull that off :) 

If I'd be in a position to make any suggestions though, I'd change the left IWB to a WB with 'run wide' PI. If you plan on staying on very fluid, the Enganche role might prove to be a bit less efficient as well, as his purpose is to be a pivot in attack. You could try an AP or an AM instead, should offer more assurances. I'd also consider notching that mentality down to standard, bloody hell :lol:

Hahaha...good points.  I always liked how my AM played in Grapefruit 2.0.  Down to standard may make things a little less manic, thus shoring up the defense a bit.

We'll see.  The "what does work mean" is a big conundrum for me, given how much I loved the Total Football employed thus far in the save.  This very much has the Pep-snorting-lines-and-playing-with-a-tactics-board feel to it, in some respects!

2 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Hahaha...good points.  I always liked how my AM played in Grapefruit 2.0.  Down to standard may make things a little less manic, thus shoring up the defense a bit.

We'll see.  The "what does work mean" is a big conundrum for me, given how much I loved the Total Football employed thus far in the save.  This very much has the Pep-snorting-lines-and-playing-with-a-tactics-board feel to it, in some respects!

oh, don't get me wrong, I didn't come here to kill the hipster vibe :lol: should make for some interesting punditry with Mancini as a host

as for total football - very fluid+high d-line+ be more expressive as well as the formation you're using should produce quite the aggressive version of it already

*Pep's inner voice, a.k.a. Johan Cruyff slowly fades away*

*mellow dramatic music fades in, titles appear on screen*

16 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Easy for you to say!  Given the severe restrictions you're playing under, mine must seem reckless and carefree!  :lol:

I think that's going to depend on the type of budget. Straight-to-TV, Lindsay Lohan returns to her Parent Trap roots by playing both Emma-as-Apples and Emma, with a distinct hair part to distinguish roles. Big budget, Oscar-bait though, hmmm...

12 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Seriously, @Ceching You Out, that little script is priceless.  :lol: :applause:

Cheers! I enjoyed writing that far, far too much. Feel free to amalgamate if it suits.

9 minutes ago, LPQR said:

control+very fluid+be more expressive? :lol: I'm having a heart-attack...

That is gas-pedal-to-the-floor, chug-three-Red-Bulls, two-days-into-an-amphetamine-binge football right there. Brakes are for losers who don't know where they're going!

1 minute ago, Ceching You Out said:

I think that's going to depend on the type of budget. Straight-to-TV, Lindsay Lohan returns to her Parent Trap roots by playing both Emma-as-Apples and Emma, with a distinct hair part to distinguish roles. Big budget, Oscar-bait though, hmmm...

Cheers! I enjoyed writing that far, far too much. Feel free to amalgamate if it suits.

That is gas-pedal-to-the-floor, chug-three-Red-Bulls, two-days-into-an-amphetamine-binge football right there. Brakes are for losers who don't know where they're going!

Klopp has been spotted in the stands, presumably taking notes. Many were left wondering why his right hand seemed to serve other purposes, more vertical, like a box to box midfielder's....

5 minutes ago, Ceching You Out said:

:lol:  

1 minute ago, LPQR said:

Klopp has been spotted in the stands, presumably taking notes. Many were left wondering why his right hand seemed to serve other purposes, more vertical, like a box to box midfielder's....

With this expression on his face...

6R2cyhf.jpg

Klippity-Klopp would love this stuff, that's for sure!  :lol:

I guess I'm doing something right, then!

5 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Boom.  I've gone and bought myself a Christmas present.

6a30ace6061de048f27b36df606f39bd.jpg

The $21k/week I offered overcame his reluctance to sign for The Glory That Is Leeds.

Thanks to the advice from yourself and @BoxToBox about attending matches that your transfer targets are involved in, I'm beginning to turn the head of that right back wonderkid I was talking about. Corinthians have significantly reduced their asking price as well. They are planning on giving him a new contract though...

Edited by Fer Fuchs Ake