Melbourne Victory

Bradders10

With FM09 nearly here, im after one last challenge before the new game is released, and my ventures around various countries has brought me to Aussie "A" league side Melbourne Victory.

Has anyone any info on who the up and coming aussie stars are, that i can go and buy and dominate the aussie league with?

Keep Patafta. Broxham can be good for them but depends on starting stats. Ryall seems to go all right for me when I have played for them as well. As for who to chase, Brazil is your friend. go for the cheap youngsters. Also, older Aussies who have finished in Europe like Viduka, Neill etc. Melbourne actually has a pretty good defence for the A-League.

At the end of the first season try and get Mark Milligan from Sydney FC. Also, Queensland has a lot of good kids (Zullo, Kruse, Minnecon, Grossman).

My advice would be not to sign old, has been players unless they are Australian as they will only take up a large chunk of your salary cap and also a international player slot

Plus....

Use your Marquee signing spot wisely........

i had alot of praise on billy celeski (either Glory or Roar) from the media... but that was when i created Geelong in place of newcastle...

Its too hard to get quality current players in the A League as you can't buy from clubs in the same league (or something or rather)

I find a lot of the young A-League players are quite underrated but for Victory you shouldn't need to do too much with the squad.

Potential targets (not all are young):

Goalie - Theoklitos is good but for a good youngster aside from Langerak try Tando Velaphi (Perth), Nathan Coe (some Danish side)

Defenders - guys like Miligan, Tsatallios, Laybutt, McGowan (Hearts), Matthew Park (Hearts), Topor-Stanley, Jonathan McKain

Midfield - keep Patafta or get him if you don't have him, Zadkovich, Weslowski, Ryan Griffiths, Zullo and Kruse (Qld)

Strikers - Nathan Burns and Bruce Djite from Adelaide are brilliant, Rukavytsya's not bad, David Williams from Brondby is you can bring him back to Australia and Troisi

Archived