Italian Football Fans (IRL) - Help Needed!

RSJ

Morning guys, im looking for some fans of Italian football (in real life) - specifically fans of Serie D. Im looking for a team called SSD Citta di Brindisi. This is their wikipedia page. On the page, it says there are in group H of Serie D - when i load up the Serie D groups in FM, they are missing. They are also missing from tables on the internet like soccerway etc

666a0e7a16.jpg

If anyone can help me to know whether or not they are actually still playing then i'd be very appreciative.

Rich

In the Editors' forum, two fans have made lower league files that include Serie D. You could put them through the editor to see if your club is there.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/388038-fmita-serie-d/

https://community.sigames.com/topic/389322-fm2017-fmf-startup-by-fmf-forum-data-updates-unlock-italian-promozione/

edit: actually there's a screenshot of Serie D group H and they aren't in it.

7 minutes ago, ajj2410 said:

It says they were were in Group H of Serie D in the 2014-15 season so they've most likely been relegated

They actually finished in a play off place that season lol. I'd just love to know what happened to them.

6 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

In the Editors' forum, two fans have made lower league files that include Serie D. You could put them through the editor to see if your club is there.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/388038-fmita-serie-d/

https://community.sigames.com/topic/389322-fm2017-fmf-startup-by-fmf-forum-data-updates-unlock-italian-promozione/

edit: actually there's a screenshot of Serie D group H and they aren't in it.

Yeah, tried that one :/

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I cant believe i didnt just search in game #fail

I wonder whats happened to them?

Is that the same club? Wiki says your club was named Brindisi 1912 and renamed in 2011 to the name you refer to.

Oh, the stadium name matches up - yup, same club.

Just now, phnompenhandy said:

Is that the same club? Wiki says your club was named Brindisi 1912 and renamed in 2011 to the name you refer to.

They play at the same stadium. On soccerway, in 2014/15 they finished in a play off spot but then disappeared for the next season :/ Now, in FM17 they seem to be in the depths of amatuer football.

They featured in a book ive been reading (non-football related) recently and i thought it may make an interesting choice of team to manage. I guess not now :(

Thanks all.

Just now, RSJ said:

They play at the same stadium. On soccerway, in 2014/15 they finished in a play off spot but then disappeared for the next season :/ Now, in FM17 they seem to be in the depths of amatuer football.

They featured in a book ive been reading (non-football related) recently and i thought it may make an interesting choice of team to manage. I guess not now :(

Thanks all.

You could swap them with another team in the editor, especially if you load up one of the lower league add-ons.

1 minute ago, ajj2410 said:

I think I have found what happened to them, page is in Italian though?  https://solocalciobrindisino.wordpress.com/category/ssd-calcio-citta-di-brindisi-2/ 

I translated it!

There is now the official. At 13:44 came the Press of SSDs Soccer City to Brindisi. That, for the sake of information, we report:  It closes with a sad ending story of biancazzuro football. The City of Brindisi, after four years of activity and militancy in the IV National series, announces that it will not formalized any application to the Regional Promotion Championship, the reasons will be made public in the coming days. It also informs that all monies collected for entry to the National Championship Series D will be returned either to the Association for Brindisi to all those fans who, football fans, supporting the cause "save the Brindisi football" , they wanted to contribute to the realization of this dream vanished. It is hoped, however, that football can not die in this city and that the future can still reserve biancazzurri satisfaction to many enthusiasts. SSD Soccer City Brindisi

It seems they werent registered :/

Just now, Welshace said:

Good work team .. shall we move on to investigating murders now?.. dibs on being Columbo.

Nah, Scooby Doo.

"If it weren't for them pesky FM sleuths, I'd've gotten away with it!"

RSJ - let them live on in the virtual football world. Manage them as a tribute to their heart-broken players, staff and fans!

2 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Good work team .. shall we move on to investigating murders now?.. dibs on being Columbo.

Lets see if we can locate Michael Johnson (of Man City fame)....:eek:

Nah, Scooby Doo.

"If it weren't for them pesky FM sleuths, I'd've gotten away with it!"

RSJ - let them live on in the virtual football world. Manage them as a tribute to their heart-broken players, staff and fans!

I sense a 'Create-A-Club' save coming...

Look under my avatar - I've been creating my own lower league club for years now - wouldn't play any other way! :thup:

Is it documented anywhere?

Archived