[FM17] Toblerone? No mate, I said Tobermore! (Youth Only/Northern Ireland)

RSJ

Hello and welcome to my latest venture (one im well into now). This save is based on the concept of Youth Only. Its based in Northern Ireland and sees me managing a team called Tobermore United.

Id like to thank @Raware for the recent advice etc.

Let me introduce the save...

Game: Football Manger 2017 (17.1.2)

Database Size: Large

League Loaded:

• Northern Ireland
  • England (Vanarama North/South and above)
  • France (View Only)
  • Spain (View Only)
  • Scotland (View Only)
  • Italy (View Only)
  • Germany (View Only)

Previous Experience: Sunday morning football (literally) with NO licenses 

At the start of the save, Cliftonville are the highest rated team in N.Ireland. It will be one of the save ambitions to one day surpass them.

Squads

Main | Reserves | U18's

Some talent here, should allow us to push on this season. Curry gets promoted to the Seniors straight away.

Im also excited by the the following players:

Glasgow can and will be pivotal to me this season. Winton and Elliott will be alternated as both are good enough for the first team.

The first eleven shape up a little something like this,

e87464545b.png

a63cd58a2e.png

Season Preview - 2016/17

Belfast Telegraph Championship 2: Top Half Finish (Board) and 6th (Media Prediction)

Irish FA Challenge Cup: Reach 5th Round

Irish Intermediate Cup: Reach 3rd Round

Northern Ireland League Cup: Reach 3rd Round

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £691 p/w, currently spending £600

Season Tickets Sold: 30

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Managers Thoughts:

Major assessment of the squads needed, will remove the dead wood to make some room in my wage budget. Any young prospects will be moved into the senior squad for experience etc

Ideally, id like to consolidate and finish top 5 really. In this league, 1st place goes up automatically and 2nd place will enter a play-off with a team from the league above.

Monthly Update - August 2016

ff6f95e298.png

edd5e2755a.png

A near perfect month and a fantastic start to life at the club. Bangor are predicted to finish 2nd so must be well thought of, couldn't have asked for a better start to the campaign with taking 3 points off them. The loss to Queens was disappointing, we just didn't turn up. We ended the month absolutely battering Portadown in the cup. Portadown are 2 leagues above us in the Prem and had won all (5) of their league games coming into this fixture!

Just now, BoxToBox said:

Read the thread title as "Toblerone United". :D

The clubs 'official' nickname, according to FM, is United. How unoriginal! Im happy with Toblerone United. The old version though.

Monthly Update - September 2016

513b57f2ff.png

50808ff326.png

A relatively short month in September. Disappointing to to draw 0-0 against Banbridge, a game we should be really winning. The defeat against Limavady was heading for a 0-0 draw but we went for it and got caught on the break and they scored in the 87th minute with no way back for us. We ended the month at home to Donegal and went on to command a 2-0 lead, it was nice to see us scoring again! We switched off and they pulled a goal back, my heart then sank as we conceded a penalty in the 89th minute only for our keeper to become a hero, diving to his right and turning it round the post.

Our first game of October sees us playing host to top of the league Dundela. Should be interesting.

16 hours ago, Raware said:

Good to see you having another crack at this :thup:.  I played in Northern Ireland a long time ago in FM (as Lurgan Celtic) and really enjoyed the leagues there.

Cheers mate, appreciate you popping by. Im already starting to really get an affiliation to Tobermore :)

Monthly Review - October 2016

ac298d8e53.png

c521486253.png

We started the month taking on an unbeaten & top of the league Dundela. I was happy to come away with a point, we never took the league in the match and the result meant we kept within touching distance of them. We then absolutely took apart Premiership side Coleraine in what was a fantastic result for us and saw us progressing in the NIFL Cup. The game against Moyola Park wasnt the best time to introduce our 17 year old keeper to the first team, he shipped 4 goals on his debut - one to forget. The month ended with a routine win over Rathfriland in the Intermediate Cup, a nice way to gain some confidence.

Its a tightly packed top half the table. Dundela remain unbeaten and the team to catch. Im happy with 3rd at the minute, we need to start pressing on now though ready for the turn of the year in a few months.

Financially, we are hemorrhaging money :/

Monthly Review - November 2016

5539ded699.png

a2cfe3b11a.png

A shocker of a month. Nothing went for us and we had more then our fair share of bad luck - no excuses though, things need to improve.

We should have beaten Bangor in that final game, they drew level late on and then snatched it right at the death with a 93rd minute winner. In the cup game vs. Knockbreda, we had 10 shots on target to their 1 :(

We need to start to turn this around, and fast.

Monthly Update - December 2016 & January 2017

We have a bit of a winter break in Northern Ireland so i've done a longer update this time.

44270f6784.png

f6a56124d4.png

After the defeat to Queens Uni we slipped down to 9th place in the league. Something had to change. I changed formation slightly and played some friendlies in the break to experiment in and also to keep on top of fitness. It seemed to have worked as we started 2017 with a much needed win at home to Newington. That was followed up by a game against a team from a league above in Annagh Utd. We were brilliant in the replay. The game against Distillery was disappointing, we had chances to take all 3 points but had to settle for a draw in the end.

Happy to be back up to 3rd. I think catching Dundela and last years champions, Limavady is going to be a big ask but theres plenty of positives to be had, February will be a big month for sure.

End of Season Review - 2016/17

Keeping these quite brief, for now.

3f7efb1da4.png

We really, really wobbled in the league late on. The last few games were used to bed in a few new youngsters.

8e6a1039a6.png

The best player at the club by far and only 17. Depserate to keep hold of him for the foreseeable. 

0287ffae3d.png

9bdb2b1414.png

EDIT: ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN MAKE THE EXCEL PART LOOK ANY BETTER?

Good luck in N. Ireland

A nice steady start to the career with a mid-table finish.

It was a bit of shame it fell away from you after that encouraging start to the season but next season should hopefully be better.

As for the question about Excel...I think they look pretty good actually...what do think is wrong with them?

9 hours ago, pheelf said:

Good luck in N. Ireland

A nice steady start to the career with a mid-table finish.

It was a bit of shame it fell away from you after that encouraging start to the season but next season should hopefully be better.

As for the question about Excel...I think they look pretty good actually...what do think is wrong with them?

Hey @pheelf

Thanks alot for the comment, really appreciated! I'll keep the excel part as is for now.

Hoping to get a pre-season update out soon, real life has taken over at the minute haha

First, albeit slight, bit of international news for the club...the boy John Curran has debuted for the Northern Ireland U-19s. Delighted for him, a great achievement at 17 years old. Just hoping we can keep hold of him.

fbfdb608b7.png

The worst possible start to pre-season as we lose our young starlet John Curran to English side Chester, Im gutted but will be looking forward to following his progress as he looks to prove himself in the Vanarama National League.

65e4bee497.png

This is the screenshot i took 12 months ago when i joined the club here vs. a screen shot of his stats on leaving hereClear to see what a massive loss he will be to us.

I did try to keep him, however, he wanted £900 per appearance when i could only offer £130 :D

Preseason Review - 2017/18

Expectations

77fee82781.png

Not much expected of us this season. I'll say that i'd love a top 3 finished..

Cups will be by the by - maybe a run can produce some decent revenue.

Wage budget slashed by £100 a week. Ive had to overhaul the bulk of my staff as the ones i had wouldnt renew.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Title Odds

deb1459f84.png

I'll have £10 on that!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Preseason Results

a766373926.png

A mixed bunch of opposition produces a mixed bunch of results. Its all been about fitness and getting used to a new tactic though.

Squad and Tactics

95c921f876.png

The current match day squad going into the new season. Can anyone step up and fill Currans shoes? 1 starter from last seasons youth intake while 4 make the bench. I feel i have 'better' options in the squad quality wise but they are too old, especially for this save - i need to let the youngsters get the experience.

c5ae52cb91.png

This season sees us switch to an adventurous 4-1-2-2-1 formation.

Ben Glasgow takes the captaincy for the season with Daryl Magee appointed his deputy.

Monthly Update - August 2017

a542333ea5.png

b3f68631ec.png

The change in tactic simply wasn't working for us as we were hammered in our opening 2 league fixtures. We went back to a simple 4-4-2 for the visit of  Ballinamallard in the League Cup and although we were 2-0 and 3-1 one down, we managed to pull it together to send the game into extra time before unfortunately losing on penalties. We rounded up August by playing Larne in the league. A great 2-0 not only put our first 3 points on the board but it will be a great booster for the squads confidence.

Whilst this save wont be deleted, its going on the back burner for now. Im not sure its got any longevity - i fear i will never be allowed to turn professional and this will hinder the development of the players?

Time to have a break from the challenges of the forums and go back to something id love to accomplish, a lower league save in England so i may well be back with another thread soon :D 

Archived