The Eurovision Striking Contest - The Battle Begins!

King Queen

You'd think from the name that this guy is royalty, unfortunately for the fans of Ukraine, this is not the case. Obviously born of humourous parents, the happy family of Mr. and Mrs. Queen went for the original first name of King. King was expected to carry on the AK-47 making workshop as his father, his father's father, etc. However, to rebel against his name, King took to playing football in the streets and fields of Ukraine. Happily King got a transfer to Russian team Alania, although he is yet to gain an international cap, his parents had this to say:

"We have nothing to say to or about our son."

Ahhh well, King one day aims to play in England, or any other major european league.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early June 2008 News

dafuge has signed a new contact with Brasov until 2011.

Sneaky Ninja has signed a new contract with Gaz Metan until 2011.

Benjas Kyriagkos has signed a new contract with Augsburg until 2010.

Pendros has agreed terms with AEK Athens and will join on 1st July.

James Knowles has started a bidding war, with Hannover, Stuttgart and Schalke bidding. Is also being touted in the media as the next Karl-Heinz Rummeneige.

PSG has made a £1m offer for Triple H.

Ben Arsenal has been dubbed the next Arne Larsen Okland! Indeed!

EURO 2008 Call Ups

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Mini Saville - Austria

Pablo Gonzalez - Switzerland

</pre>

Pablo Gonzalez gets a surprise call up for Switzerland, previously uncapped and without even an U21 cap to his name, could he be a supersub for the Swiss?!

Kyle Van Smith

Kyle Van Smith was born in holland and lived there until he was two years old. His parents found trouble in the dutch city of amsterdam and soon fled the country to begin a new life, they moved to the city of Tirana where a family relative was. Van Smith grew up with the love of football and joined a local side when he was 10. With many years of success the club got to many cup finals where they were played infront of big crowds in the national stadium.

After watching the U17 youth cup final where Van Smith was playing in the national stadium. Alban Bushi who plays for Apollon Kalamarias and is Albanias record scorer with 14 goals, was impressed by Van Smith who had scored a magnificent hat trick and had guided his team to glory to lift the cup for three successive years.

Bushi spoke to Van Smith after the game and suggested that he could make a career out of football. After a lengthy chat they both agreed that Bushi would become the agent of Van Smith and would help him with his football and future which Bushi believed could be prolific with the attributes Van Smith holds at this tender age.

Bushi got straight onto the phone and used all the links he had in the game contacting clubs within Albania Turkey and Greece, Bushi found a club that would take Van Smith, it was a club in the greek second division Aigaleo. This would allow Bushi to keep tabs on Van Smith as he was playing his trade in the first division.

Van Smith agreed to this and declared himself available for the Albanian national team rather than Holland to thank Bushi. But still has a desire to return to his home side of amsterdam and represent his beloved Ajax who his father is a lifetime fan of.

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

dafuge

Just been through the initial sign up thread, here are the usernames of the remaining people who haven't responded to your request. Thought it would be good to have a complete table on the first page as we are almost there anyway (plus it helps me know who some people are talking about). icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

It's all updated now icon14.gif

Pablo got called up for the euro's thats great news, was going to complain about how blind the Swiss were being not even calling me up to the under 21's but i suppose this doesnt matter now lol, if i can get get just one appearance i think ill be pleased.

Had a poor season at pisa mind, hardly any appearances and not even any goals!!

England in the group. Bring them on icon_biggrin.gif

Surely I should be picked for the Luxembourg game. There can't be that many better strikers than me in Latvia.

I want the manager sacked.

6 goals so far for the season, not too bad, by average rating is pretty good though icon_smile.gif

1 U21 app. only so far...hopefully better luck next year. I dunno if I should hope my team wins the playoffs or not as I probably would get more games if they don't, but still...

2nd lowest payed. GRR

My return isn't so great either (15 in 31) for a sucky team, sucky league.

Parker Reynolds[/b]

The son of American inventors who moved to Poland to help with the creation of the polish submarine (has a screen window) and the polish firing squad (all stand in a circle), Reynolds picked up on the game of football because his parents were looking for a way to channel all of his energy. After his parents were killed testing a prototype of the submarine, Reynolds moved to Germany where he was discovered kicking a ball against the wall of the bridge that he was living under by a scout for Gladbach who saw enormous potential. He was one of two people invited to a trial along with some guy from Los Angeles named Santiago Munez. After humiliating Munez by doing everyting better than him, he got a contract with Gladbach, but he always wondered if his good friend Munez would ever realize his dream.

I am horrible at stories, btw.

Just out of curiosity, did I end up moving to Schalke?

Originally posted by Parker:

Parker Reynolds

The son of American inventors who moved to Poland to help with the creation of the polish submarine (has a screen window) and the polish firing squad (all stand in a circle), Reynolds picked up on the game of football because his parents were looking for a way to channel all of his energy. After his parents were killed testing a prototype of the submarine, Reynolds moved to Germany where he was discovered kicking a ball against the wall of the bridge that he was living under by a scout for Gladbach who saw enormous potential. He was one of two people invited to a trial along with some guy from Los Angeles named Santiago Munez. After humiliating Munez by doing everyting better than him, he got a contract with Gladbach, but he always wondered if his good friend Munez would ever realize his dream.

Munez went to Real Madrid. Hahahaha. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by BenArsenal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Parker:

Parker Reynolds

Munez went to Real Madrid. Hahahaha. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Poor Real, always getting the second-best talent. Apparently their european glory wasn't enough to keep Reynolds from signing with the Foals.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

dafuge

Just been through the initial sign up thread, here are the usernames of the remaining people who haven't responded to your request. Thought it would be good to have a complete table on the first page as we are almost there anyway (plus it helps me know who some people are talking about). icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

It's all updated now icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers dafuge icon14.gif

In response to your other queries, I can't do a Belgian league screenshot as that is one of the few leagues I don't appear to be running!

Vozdovac - Unfortunately they didn't get promoted via the playoffs. icon_frown.gif

Spanish Premier League screenshot:

Spain La Liga

If I forgotten to do any other league screenshots just ask. icon_smile.gif

For those of you dispondent that you're not doing much - you are only turning 19 on July 1st, give it time, you may not get a senior cap for a couple of seasons yet.

I've decided that I will give a brief overview of the EURO U19s Championship which is happening in July 2008 as it may include a few of you. icon14.gif

European Championships 2008 Overview

Switzerland & Austria Matches

Austria 1 - Mini Saville came on as a sub.

Czech Rep 2

Romania 3

Austria 2 - Mini Saville was an unused sub.

France 2

Austria 0 - Mini Saville came on as a sub.

Switzerland 2 - Pablo Gonzalez was an unused sub.

Sweden 4

Croatia 1

Switzerland 1

Portugal 0

Switzerland 1

</pre>

Group Stages League Table

Quarter Finals

Czech Rep 0

Portugal 1

Sweden 2

France 3

Spain 1 - Spain win 4-1 on penalties.

Holland 1

Italy 1

Germany 2 - AET, 1-1 after 90 minutes.

Semi Finals

Portugal 1

Germany 1 - Germany win 5-3 on penalties (what a shocker!!!)

France 2

Spain 1

Final

Germany 3

France 2

</pre>

So Germany have won yet another major international tournament, with Kevin Kuranyi snatching the winner for Germany in injury time at the end of the game!

The top scorer in the tournament was Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who scored 5 goals for Sweden.

A poor tournament really for Austria & Switzerland, Mini Saville only getting a couple of sub appearance and Pablo Gonzalez not getting on the pitch at all, so remaining uncapped. Hopefully by EURO 2012 the majority of nations competing will have a wonderkid playing for them!

Just to give you a bit of info on the forthcoming EURO U19s Championship, here is the group stage draw:

Group A Group B

Germany England

Greece Holland

Serbia Italy

Sweden Switzerland

</pre>

Up next, the Eurovision Striking Contest 2007/08 final table and the winner is officially announced. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

dafuge

It's all updated now icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers dafuge icon14.gif

In response to your other queries, I can't do a Belgian league screenshot as that is one of the few leagues I don't appear to be running!

Vozdovac - Unfortunately they didn't get promoted via the playoffs. icon_frown.gif

Spanish Premier League screenshot:

Spain La Liga

If I forgotten to do any other league screenshots just ask. icon_smile.gif

For those of you dispondent that you're not doing much - you are only turning 19 on July 1st, give it time, you may not get a senior cap for a couple of seasons yet.

I've decided that I will give a brief overview of the EURO U19s Championship which is happening in July 2008 as it may include a few of you. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm playing for Sampdoria, I think they're in Serie A.

If thats correct the could you please do a screenshot of that.

Eurovision Striking Contest 2007/08 - Final Table

EURO 2008 has now finished so I can revealed which wonderkids have made the biggest impression on the international football scene in their debut season:

2007/2008 Eurovision Striking Contest Points Table

Player Team Total

Pos Player Name Country App Goals MoM Yel Red Points Bonus Points

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Robert Boyle Estonia 9 2 0 0 0 65 8 73

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Magnus Donaldson N Ireland 4 3 1 0 0 55 7 62

3 Diego Polo San Marino 7 2 1 0 0 60 0 60

4 Alexei Lloyd-Hooker Andorra 8 1 1 0 0 55 3 58

5 Triple H Armenia 8 1 0 0 0 50 6 56

5 Robert Dillon Luxembourg 8 1 1 -1 0 52 4 56

7 Brendan Petersen Liechtenstein 6 1 1 0 0 45 6 51

8 Arthur White Azerbaijan 5 2 1 -1 0 47 3 50

9 Sebastian Skywalker Cyprus 6 1 0 -1 0 37 7 44

10 Steven Kemp Malta 6 1 0 0 0 40 2 42

11 Mini Saville Austria 6 0 0 0 0 30 3 33

12 Felix Lithuania 3 1 0 0 0 25 3 28

13 Sneaky Ninja Moldova 4 0 0 0 0 20 7 27

14 Jason Demir Kazakhstan 3 0 0 0 0 15 1 16

15 Damon Lowe Iceland 1 1 0 0 0 15 0 15

15 Ryan Andrews Faroe Islands 3 0 0 0 0 15 0 15

17 Tom Healy Wales 1 0 0 0 0 5 3 8

17 In Der Van Dude Slovenia 1 0 0 0 0 5 3 8

19 dafuge Macedonia 1 0 0 0 0 5 1 6

The Points System

Int Appearance = 5

Int Goal = 10

Int MoM Award = 5

Int Yellow Card = -3

Int Red Card = -8 (2 yellows --> 1 red = -8)

Team Win = 3

Team Draw = 1

Bonus 25 points will be awarded if player finishes top scorer in the EURO / World Cup Qual Tournaments.

</pre>

So there we have it, the winner of the Eurovision Striking Contest 2007/08 is Robert Boyle & Estonia.

Special mention also goes to Magnus Donaldson of Northern Ireland who is the highest scoring wonderkid at the moment.

Hopefully this time next year there will be more than 19 players with senior int caps. icon14.gif

Eurovision Striking Contest Roll of Honour

2007/08 - Robert Boyle / Estonia

</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjaminoo:

Is it me or is my player not on the player stats screen?

Apoligies if I'm wrong.

Player Stats 1 Screenshot, about 2/3s the way down. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, thanks icon14.gif

Archived