Up and Down Results

Yip, I'm performing well in some games and in others just being overrun! So much...

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 21.44.41.png

Overall you can see I was getting a good performance from the overall rating of the players, but in game, they just go hot and cold. I'm hoping someone can see something as to why this is happening.

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 21.46.09.png

Hamilton:

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 21.46.46.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-10 at 21.46.59.png

I never had the possession but moved the ball well and took my chances. I've been playing Stay On Feet to have less fouls and avoid injuries, because it's the beginning of the season and not everyone is as fit as I'd like.

Kilmarnock:

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 21.47.24.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-10 at 21.47.35.png

Away from home more possession but as you can see, nothing much different. Similar percentages on Passing, Tackles and Headers - hmm...

Aberdeen:

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 21.47.50.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-10 at 21.47.56.png

Aberdeen destroyed me with chances but yet all percentages where the same again.

I use a lot of shouts during the game and have found that helps, change my focus and push my team on without doing to much tactically. I do go in and change a few instructions depending on things I notice. I do want to encourage playing at a higher tempo and I'm getting some really nice one twos and fast focused play. But I'm not seeing where things are falling apart. I start all the games on Standard and change it about 2/3 times a game. If I need to slow the game down if and when I have a lead, I change tempo or passing to shorter.

Formation and Instructions:

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 22.25.14.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-10 at 22.25.42.png

Nice to have some outside eyes to see if they notice anything I can't see. Comments welcome.

Two thoughts from 'under the hood':

There is a hidden attributes, 'consistency'. For young and lower-level players this can be very low. Do you have some youths in your playing squad?

Do you check the match odds? This is a clue as to how the opposition will play. If they are the favourites, they will probably be more attacking and open. If you are the favourite they will play more defensively. You need to respond to these differing situations.

@EnzoAmata

I think the question you need to ask yourself is: who is going to score for me? Thats probably the reason why you feel like your perform inconsistent. After pre-season, you've scored 14 and conceded 13 in 8 games. In my opinion, you've a hard time scoring a goal and, although you've kept some clean-sheets, in the games your opponent scores it usually is more than one goal.  

If you look at the set PI's for your four attacking players; two wingers, advanced playmaker, and a deep-lying forward. Wingers stay wide, playmaker stays in his position and the deep-lying forward will drop deep to link up play. Who will be in the box to score from the crosses provided by your wingers? 

Nothing wrong with the two wingers, they will be key in providing goal-scoring opportunities. So taking these two players out of the equation; your striker and attacking midfielder will need to be in the box to benefit from these opportunities. Also, you use two CM's in midfield (one support and one defend), I would probably switch these or the wingers duties around. Defend duty behind the attacking winger to cover makes the tactic more balanced. 

Archived