Assistant Managers

I wanted to see what everyone’s interpretation was of the Assistant Manager’s role in FMT2017. When I look for a new Assistant Manager, I look to appoint someone who has high ratings in Judging Player Ability, Man Management and Motivation. My understanding is that an Assistant Manager does not require high ratings for Attacking/Defending/Goalkeeping/Tactical as this has no impact on the development of your squad. Only the training facilities impact how efficiently a player improves through training.

What does everyone think?

I tend to look at (in order of importance):

Motivation: Because team talks are made my the assman, i look for a Assistant Manager with at least 15 for motivation.

Tactical Knowledge: Important for opponents instructions. Look for someone with 15 at least in TK.

JPA: Not the most important, but useful for reports. Again look for someone with 15 at least in JPA.

Adaptability: I always try to have a assist manager that can speak the language of the country. So if i'm managing in Portugal, knowing the language it's a good thing. If i can find one, then i look for high value of adaptability because i think it will help in learning the language.

Personality: Look for someone with good personality, like Professional or Resolute.

Don't care for anything else. I understand that man management could be important if play the game with instant result, but because i don't, i don't care for that attribute.

Archived