Workaround For Wide Midfielder Defensive Positioning?

Was unable to get any combination of settings to fix this problem so uninstalled FM17 a while ago.

Dismissal/denial of this as a major issue by Mods on here just makes me think they are more interested in defending SI and their own positions and less in debating a very real limitation in the match engine. It just makes me less likely to want to deal with SI or buy their games in the future. Really, really disappointed.

Oh, and once again, for the record, I've only ever questioned the lack of an option to change this defending preference with some kind of setting for those inclined to want that - not hard-coded positioning one way or the other, because all will have their own views on the optimal spacing between players in various scenarios. Basically, we are not allowed to do something that is possible and regularly seen in real life and it ruins the game with eggagerated and totally unrealistic defending. For anyone to say that the size of gaps between MC and ML/R in FM17 are normal and realistic is quite frankly ridiculous. And yes, it is a combination of bunching CM's and wide midfielders but that doesn't make the problem any less bad.

A real atrocious error of judgement by SI this year. Sooner or later they will start losing customers.

On 18/12/2016 at 11:39, Cap'nRad said:

So I think for this thread specifically, suggesting ways to enable us to get desired narrow positioning from WM's would be a lot more helpful than debating on whether or not said positioning is "correct."

EXACTLY.

But a lot of the responses on this subject (across various threads) from Mods have been more about dismissal and denial or criticising users for supposedly not understanding tactics. It's like talking to a brick wall most of the time.

3 hours ago, Michael Zorc said:

EXACTLY.

But a lot of the responses on this subject (across various threads) from Mods have been more about dismissal and denial or criticising users for supposedly not understanding tactics. It's like talking to a brick wall most of the time.

OK, that's enough. We draw the line at you deliberately being disingenuous about what we say. Appreciate the frustration. But the digs are crossing the line. Thread closed

Archived