[Suggestion] Final warning before signing ineligible player

CFuller

According to FIFA rules, players can only play official matches for two different clubs in the same 12-month season (with the exception of short-term loans, and transfers between nations with overlapping seasons).

Here's my suggestion for FM regarding this. I would like to see a warning on the transfer confirmation screen when you are about to sign or loan in a player who has previously played for two different clubs in the current season and would be ineligible to play for a third.

I know that there would be a red-text warning message on the player's transfer/loan screen when you're about to make an offer. However, for the benefit of the less attentive manager (mea culpa), perhaps there could be a final warning on the transfer confirmation screen, so that the user would have one last chance to realise that they're trying to sign an ineligible player.

Another idea would be for the board to intervene, and block any attempt to sign or (more importantly in this case) loan in anyone who has already played for two different clubs in the current season.

• 1 year later...

Archived