[FM17] From the seaside to the glory side.

SirManager

Hi guys, I'm back with another career update topic. I'll be focusing my save around a team I support and follow. That is Blackpool, ever since we made the top flight and got relegated from it blackpool went on a decline. 

My aim of the save is pretty simple:

- I want to take Blackpool as far as I can. To develop a great youth system. (Not a youth save but strongly involved around youth) and to get the fans heart back at Bloomfield road. 

If I get sacked and so on, I shall continue the save elsewhere and the updates shall continue. Updates will come every 6 months within my save or similar.  There can be no guarantees.  I may also add I am starting with no qualifications and Sunday league experience to make things harder for myself. 

26 minutes ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Can't believe what's happened to Blackpool. Not so long since they were in the Premier League. Looks a really tough challenge to get them back there though!

It's horrific. Oyston doesn't care about the club just the money so no funds go into the club. Less tickets sold cause blackpool fans refuse to go cause of him. It's a real shame. That's why I'm praying for a takeover on FM lol 

7 hours ago, SirManager said:

It's horrific. Oyston doesn't care about the club just the money so no funds go into the club. Less tickets sold cause blackpool fans refuse to go cause of him. It's a real shame. That's why I'm praying for a takeover on FM lol 

Its a real shame. I'm a Leyton Orient fan and we had a joint protest a few weeks ago at our owners, so I understand the pain. Its sad how these owners are allowed to do what they do.

August 2016/17 update.

I'm skipping the review for pre-season as it ain't a major one for myself. I experimented with formations, seeing which players to keep and if any are deadwood. The usual carry on.

Transfers.

It's been pretty busy for myself this transfer window, I wasn't particularly looking for a certain position but yet covering all positions with possible prospects for league one or later on in the season. None of the players I actually brought in are gob smacking hot or below average but yet promising. 

summer 16 transfers.png

Dale Jennings is a capture for myself, he was quite expensive on the wage but only by £300 extra so not a big deal. I feel he's a great player to mix things up in League 2 or League 1 in the future and will add that flair to the team when needed. It will also keep Samuel on his toes for a spot on the left wing.

jennings.png

Paul Smyth is no where near my standard of player but my scouts believe he could be a key player in the future, I doubt it but yet I thought I'd take the chance. If it doesn't pay off then it doesn't. I won't kick myself over taking that risk. 40k initial fee, 20k clause if promoted and 20k when reached 30 games for the club along with a 12 month loan back to Linfield to secure the deal of the young prospect.

paul smyth.png

This addition is a great big of business within the staff/coaching department. He should pay a massive contribute to our defensive capability and I have great faith he shall change the way we defend for the better.

vidic.png

Fixtures.

fixt.png

I ain't going to beat around the bush but my squad at the minute is top notch despite the current situation with the club. Despite the two losses in cup games against Blackburn "reserves" and Port Vale in the EFL cup which were two close games, I stupidly played players who needed game time and to rest the main players for my main priority which is the league. Overall, this month has been great within the league. 

comps.png

In my next update, I'll go into match details and etc. However, hope you enjoyed it. 

EDIT: Game got corrupted, got to restart it from the Plymouth game. Lesson learned, don't turn off the laptop before the game has finished closing. 

Archived