FM17: VfL Wolfsburg - Die Wölfe

Lufcberg22

badge.png

*Die Wölfe*

The club play their trade in the highly competitive Bundesliga. Dominated by Bayern & Dortmund over the years. Many people see The Bundesliga as one - if not the best and most competitive league in Europe. Known for progressing young talent through all the clubs youth academy. Wolfsburg have had some top players play for the club with the like such as De Bruyne, Dzeko, Schürrle & so on.  Wolfsburg have won the Bundesliga once in their history, in the 08/09 season, the DFB-POKAL in 2015 and the DFL-Supercup in 2015. Anyway lets got on with the team abit more.

*The Club Kits*

KITS.png

Yes known to play in green and the sponsorship of Volkswagen ( The club grew out of a multi-sports club for Volkswagen workers in the city of Wolfsburg). Also a good deal with sports giants Nike.

*The Squad*

GK.png

**please click on the pictures for better view**

As you can can see the strongest keeper at the club is Club captain Diego Benaglio. At the age of of 32 his time will be up soon. You have Koen Casteels as back up with a 3 1/2* potential but pesonally id like to bring in another keeper with abit more potential. Max Grun is in your 2nd team but id keep him there you for emergency use & look to sell if you get another keeper in.

DEFENDERS.png

On to the defenders now, Without doubt your best defender is Ricardo Rodriquez. The swiss attacking full back is one of the best full backs around in Europe. Your probs going to get big clubs coming him for him at some point. Yannick Gerhardt can play in a numerous positions. Jeffrey Bruma is a good CB and he could play alongside on loan Stoke defender Phillip Wollscheld but i dont rate him that much. So i would look to bring in a CB. Knoche can play as a back up CB. Right back you have Vieirinha but hes injured at the start for 3 months. Jung is also injured about 5 weeks.

MIDFIELDERS.png

Here you have what i see the 'strongest' part of the team. You have alot of players who can play midfield. One man who you need to keep and try and get champions league football to keep him in Julian Draxler. The man is probably the best player in your team. Luiz Gustavo should also be one of the first picks of your starting line up. The BWM is on £165,000 a week the highest paid at your club. Max Arnold is one of the bightest talents at club a great playmaker to use. Ex Dortmund player Błaszczykowski can play anywhere down the right, from WB,W,AMR he has a great work rate to put them ball into that box. Daniel Calgiuri can have a part to say, he is the same player as Błaszczykowski. Josip Brekalo has a 5* potential so its down to you to make sure he reaches that.

STRIKERS.png

The strikers, You have the German Machine Mario Gomez. Although he is out of action 5-8 weeks he is still your main striker. 191 goals in his career. Even at 30 i think he has a good 3 years left in him. His stats are just built up for goals aslong as he gets the deliveries to him. On loan Real Madrid striker Borja Mayoral is probs best back up. Hes ok i guess. Bruno Henrique is another who is 'ok' he has blistering pace so maybe one to come of the bench and get behind the back 4. Probably best bringing in another striker with abit more abily to challenge Gomez to start.

*The Main Players*

Ricardo Rodriguez_ Overview Profile.png

Julian Draxler_ Overview Profile.png

Luiz Gustavo_ Overview Profile.png

Maximilian Arnold_ Overview Profile.png

Mario Gomez_ Overview Profile.png

*Youngest Prospect*

Ismail Azzaoui_ Overview Profile.png

Azzaoui hasnt yet reached his levels what people was thinking yet. He joined from spurs the other a season but has been in the 2nd team mostly. I dont think Wolfsburg have the right youth coaches to develop players so realy you could do with adding a few. Its upto you if you believe he has the ability to become a great player.

*Tactics*

VfL Wolfsburg_  Overview-2.png       VfL Wolfsburg_  Overview.png

Ive seen the team play a couple of times this season but ive these are a couple of formation ive came across. The left one (4.2.3.1) is probs the best one and most common which these us. i have not altered the roles as you can see so thats down to you. The right one is more of a counter i think. You could drop Błaszczykowski to WBR & Rodriguez to WBL. The problem is where do you play the influence of Draxler. Ive came across when they play this shape he is more up-top as a false 9, but he will need training there.

*Staff*

VfL Wolfsburg_ Overview Overview.png

The coaching quality at the club is poor and this probably why the club is not getting the best out of their players. Keeper training is the best. Also id advise you to add some good youth coaches to get the best out of the Kids.

*Finances*

BUDGET.png

So you start the season with a healthy transfer budget of £25.84m. You have some players in your team on over £100k p/w. The wage budget is set at £162k p/w so just be carefull with that as some players might ask to 'match highest earner'. Personally id look to bring in some good german talent if possible with a couple of young players to mix. Now that the german player to german club fix has been sorted there should be alot of decent young germans to sign. The only way the club is going to push forward in future years is to maintain good finance.

Click to choose file

*The stadium*

5347_Wolfsburg (15).jpg

It was opened in 2002 and named after the automotive group Volkswagen AG.[7][8] The Volkswagen Arena has a capacity of 30,000: 22,000 seats and 8,000 standing places.[2] It is located in the Allerpark and is the home stadium of the football team VfL Wolfsburg.[9]

Hope this attracts a few people to take on Wolfsburg and try to topple Bayern & Dortmund in the future years. Any questions please ask and i will try help you out as much as possible.

Die Wölfe

kits front.jpg

Great at last a Wolfsburg guide!

i have taken over Wolfsburg starting unemployed as My favourite German player and former rangers star Jorg Albertz.

i took over Wolfsburg in December when they were 3rd from bottom in the league

managed to finish 9th in the first season really pleased.

Now on to the summer transfer window

29 minutes ago, velvetsky said:

Great at last a Wolfsburg guide!

i have taken over Wolfsburg starting unemployed as My favourite German player and former rangers star Jorg Albertz.

i took over Wolfsburg in December when they were 3rd from bottom in the league

managed to finish 9th in the first season really pleased.

Now on to the summer transfer window

Def going to be a challange. Im just in process of getting the backroom team sorted. My first thing im doing.

I had a very successful BETA save with VFL before I encountered the German transfer bug.

I went for a 4-2-4 strikerless formation with 4 attacking players in the AM strata on various roles. 2 holding players with defensive duties in the CM strata. Played some scintillating football at times. Strikerless formations are fun when you get the roles correct.

Great work for getting the thread up. Nice.:thup: (I was waiting for the German bug to be fixed)

Just completed my first full season and managed a credible second, playing a 352 system (I am actually going to post a thread in the tactics forum, as its worked out so well)

Brought in a few players -

Transfers In -

Timo Horn - $7.75 (min release clause)
John Guidetti - $9M
Lorik Cana - Free (Defensive Tutor)
Marin Prinz - $600K
Erik Majetschak - $625K
Saut Serdar - $4M
Francis Coquelin - $14.25M ( Gerhardt out for 6months)
Nicolas Kuhn - $500

Total - $39.5M

Transfers Out -

Caligirui - Monaco - $10M
Schafer - RB Leipzig- $100K
Accuses - Frankfurt - $1.5M
Casteels -Lyon - $2M
Henrique - Corinthians - $1.9M
Vieirinha - Guangzhou - $9M

Total - $23.5M

Season 2 -

Now looking for a Pirlo type midfielder and one more defender, as I will likely sell Burma.

7 hours ago, DirtyJoe said:

Great work for getting the thread up. Nice.:thup: (I was waiting for the German bug to be fixed)

Just completed my first full season and managed a credible second, playing a 352 system (I am actually going to post a thread in the tactics forum, as its worked out so well)

Brought in a few players -

Transfers In -

Timo Horn - $7.75 (min release clause)
John Guidetti - $9M
Lorik Cana - Free (Defensive Tutor)
Marin Prinz - $600K
Erik Majetschak - $625K
Saut Serdar - $4M
Francis Coquelin - $14.25M ( Gerhardt out for 6months)
Nicolas Kuhn - $500

Total - $39.5M

Transfers Out -

Caligirui - Monaco - $10M
Schafer - RB Leipzig- $100K
Accuses - Frankfurt - $1.5M
Casteels -Lyon - $2M
Henrique - Corinthians - $1.9M
Vieirinha - Guangzhou - $9M

Total - $23.5M

Season 2 -

Now looking for a Pirlo type midfielder and one more defender, as I will likely sell Burma.

Nice work @DirtyJoe, Guessing you managed to keep Rodriquez & Draxler then? just let me know when its up in the tactics area and i will give it a check. Suprised you sold Vieirinha i thought he would make a good RWB if thats how you line up. How did Gomez play for you?

Good signing in Horn. Im just loading up now as ive also waited for it to be fixed. Hopefully have a good season and get European football.

Let me guess Bayern won the league?

I have put it up.

Rodriquez wanted to go to Man City, I waited until the end of the season and resigned him at $135K a week and minus the min release clause. Draxler is still in the side unlike IRL.  Gomez started slowly but finished really well.

I see you signed Akkaynak, is that the young lad from Leverkusen? if so he could be a great DLP. Im just going through my tactics now & have picked the same one but ive a CWB on both sides, BWM (gustavo) DLP (arnold). But i will see how that goes over pre season. Horn looks a good young player on the left.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I am currently managing Wolfsburg and we are 6 games into the season. Won my initial DFB Pokal game but since then we have gone 1-3-1 in the league and I'm winless in 3 with Bayern up next. 

Admittedly the squad isn't as good as I thought it was, and I may have made a mistake in selling Caligiuri because my players just aren't performing at all, I'm finding very little to take inspiration from, Draxler has been dire. Admittedly I still haven't sorted my tactic although I am settling on a pretty basic 4-2-3-1, but I was just wondering if anyone has played as Wolfsburg (FM17) and has success or has any tips? Or just general tips in managing in the Bundesliga (Its my first career in Germany). 

Thanks

16 hours ago, jckstevens said:

Hi guys, I am currently managing Wolfsburg and we are 6 games into the season. Won my initial DFB Pokal game but since then we have gone 1-3-1 in the league and I'm winless in 3 with Bayern up next. 

Admittedly the squad isn't as good as I thought it was, and I may have made a mistake in selling Caligiuri because my players just aren't performing at all, I'm finding very little to take inspiration from, Draxler has been dire. Admittedly I still haven't sorted my tactic although I am settling on a pretty basic 4-2-3-1, but I was just wondering if anyone has played as Wolfsburg (FM17) and has success or has any tips? Or just general tips in managing in the Bundesliga (Its my first career in Germany). 

Thanks

Hi mate,

Welcome to thread. The squad is short up front depending on you tactics. In your 4231, Gomez will obviously be your focal point. I would set up as below -

Keeper. Your choice here.

DR/Support - Jung

CB- Knoche/Bruma

Wing Back/support - Rodriguez 

CML/Defend - Gustavo

B2B/support - Arnold

AML/ Inside forward - Draxler

AP - Didvi

AMR- attack - your choice here.

FC - CF/A

Archived