Remove managers' transfer targets

Guest El Payaso

Guest El Payaso

Would like a feature that would make the transfer market less predictable. Currently Conte always signs Fred while there are no rumors of that IRL and also Griezmann always goes to United in summer 2017 even though he has said that he isn't planning to move currently because he likes it in Madrid. Many illogical moves would be prevented if we had the option to delete them. 

8 minutes ago, El Payaso said:

Would like a feature that would make the transfer market less predictable. Currently Conte always signs Fred while there are no rumors of that IRL and also Griezmann always goes to United in summer 2017 even though he has said that he isn't planning to move currently because he likes it in Madrid. Many illogical moves would be prevented if we had the option to delete them. 

You can't make statements like that when they are not true.

In my save Fred went to Man City and then moved to China a couple of years later.  Man City also bought Griezmann and then sold him to PSG in 2019.

Moving on to your point, a manager has to have a shortlist else how do they sign players.  That shortlist is created when your save is created, even if you had the option to delete it you would have to create another one that in all likelihood would contain the same players.

At higher levels there are less options and with each squad having the same weaknesses in every save with the same database you will always see similar transfers.  If a top team need a striker then they need a striker and will sign one.

Its likely a manager would have tendancies to go for certain players within a game.

They are dealing with the same squad and fav. tactics to build at game start, You'd lose some kinda of 'framework' of AI Managers if Pep started buying target men etc

Guest El Payaso
11 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

You can't make statements like that when they are not true.

In my save Fred went to Man City and then moved to China a couple of years later.  Man City also bought Griezmann and then sold him to PSG in 2019.

Moving on to your point, a manager has to have a shortlist else how do they sign players.  That shortlist is created when your save is created, even if you had the option to delete it you would have to create another one that in all likelihood would contain the same players.

At higher levels there are less options and with each squad having the same weaknesses in every save with the same database you will always see similar transfers.  If a top team need a striker then they need a striker and will sign one.

I don't know why you have to get stuck into examples that have happened in every single one of my saves. The deal is that they are transferred to one of the big teams while IRL Griezmann is not looking to move at the moment. The only thing he has stated is that he'll probably play in England at some point but currently isn't looking to move. This isn't replicated well in the game as when you want to buy someone and have cash to spend you will get that player. IRL there are rumors of Chelsea for example wanting Verratti this January but how likely it is to actually happen in January or ever? IRL teams face much more trouble in signing players: selling teams not willing to sell or the players opting to stay put. 

Didn't know that the shortlist thing works that way. Would really expect for the AI to actually sign more players that they actually need and also to notice the potential they have in the squad currently better instead of just aimlessly buying shortlisted players. Chelsea for example have no need for Fred as they already have Cesc, Matic, Kante, Mikel etc. and Loftus-Cheek and Chalobah both have the ability and potential to play at least the rotation role. 

The Griezman transfer is not the shortlisting at fault but more the player interest levels. I've previsouly put forward a suggestion that I felt would address that aspect which hopefully SI agreed with & can implement.

Archived