How would you develop this further?

Hi all,

I'm in my first season with Milan, and overall I am quite happy with my tactic. We're second in the league and in to the final of the cup. However, I still feel like the tactic isn't quite right. We have the occasional awful run of games, where it just seems like nothing happens. The front 3 are the most inconsistent, especially the AMC (despite me using Payet!)

I have up until recently used an AM-A in that position, however I have recently tried using an AP but it doesn't seem to click. I am also not too sure about using the F9 as the second striker.

I have two main variations of the tactic; a 'standard' one and a wider one that I use against teams that pack the centre of the pitch (which is common in the Serie A!)

2d2f8bf9f57e2279a3661836bc0a7c90.png8615b342d0169c363759e3cab6b9d131.png

da14d51353f6b23900e14cc3bbb3d7b1.png332a70302fa196510f196f041a66f46c.png

This is one of the first successful systems I have built from scratch, so peoples feedback would be much appreciated! How would you personally develop this?

4 hours ago, SirManager said:

I wouldn't personally have a False 9 working along with an AP (S). False 9 and AP is similar.  F9 looks to drop back. I'd switch the AP with a Shadow Striker. Trying to use the F9 movement to get in behind and be the main goalscoring threat. 

I definitely think the front 3 is where a change needs to be. Shadow Striker isn't actually something I'd considered, as it's a role I've not used before! Could be a good idea

I'd suggest a Treq rather than F9. The F9 generally looks to create space by dropping deep to allow a wide player to cut inside or a late runner from midfield. Your current set up has neither. 

If you play a Treq he will drift wider as well as vertically. You would still lack movement from deep and wide, but if you swapped the AP for a bog standard AM you should gain some vertical movement, with the Treq still providing the play making qualities you had with the AP. 

In addition to what others have suggested, I would look at changing one of the BBMs, to get some variation and maybe better positioning in attacking phase (especially if oponent sits deep). 

For example: if the left BBM changes to a BWMd, you can instead have the left WB on attack (to me it makes sense to cross from byline on the left side given your striker setup). You can then also change the DLPd to support or even a regista for those situations when you are dominating. 

Interesting to hear if you tried any of the recommendations in the thread!

Br

Haven't been able to get on over Christmas, but had a little think. Wanted some second opinions on this!

AF - DLF(S)

SS

BBM - DLP(S) - BWM (D)

WB(S) - CB(D) - CB(D) - WB(A)

SW(D)

With similar instructions to those above

Archived