Change training intensity

I get feedback from coaches telling me to reduce player training workload but can't see how.  I can only seem to be able to allow assistant to set training and that doesn't change the intensity.  On the development tab you can only view the intensity but not change it.

Another thing where has the individual focus gone i.e. dribbling, marking etc?  You can only train for a position.     

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. My workload is almost always set to High.   If it's very high, my players get injured, if it's Average my team's match performance suffers).

So, I generally ignore complaints about high training loads, but do tweak something regarding older players...

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, FrazT said:

Further follow up:

The above will change the team intensity but is there a way to change the individual player intensity?

You can't reduce the intensity of the team training for one individual, but you can avoid giving them extra training such as an additional focus or a new player trait.

I sometimes get players complaining when they are learning a new trait, but they seem happy again once the training has finished.

Instead of altering the general intensity (top left, intensity level), set intensity on a weekly basis (set training focus and intensity to the left of every week column). That way you can alter intensity depending on how many matches there are in the week. For example "low" when there's 2 matches to play in that week, high or very high when there's no matches to play that week. Rest days is also calculated into total workload. I suggest to use only a rest day after match days normally, but rest days both before and after a match in weeks where matches comes fast and furious.

Individual player training intensity can only be altered by giving them or relieving them of individual focus (ppm, new poition, or attribute focus).

As an aside, just because your coaches tell you x player doesn't like his workload doesn't necessarily mean you need to reduce it.

It could simply indicate a possible lack of professionalism in the player - more professional players will quite happily train harder without complaint, whereas players with lower professionalism will moan.

And even if he does have low professionalism you still may not need to make changes.  Check his development and injuries, if he's showing improvements and not getting injured in training then there could be no need to reduce his workload.  If all looks ok, you always have the option to not change anything and simply let him carry on moaning.

Archived