Unrealistic Transfer Fees

I've got to the point now where I need to vent about transfer fees on this game. I'm currently playing as Man Utd and in my 2nd season. Martial is playing week in, week out for me and is on form, his value is around 36m at the moment. However, even though is not for sale I have received an offer for him... 8m. Outrageous. This pretty much happens everytime I receive an offer for someone listed or not and it's infuriating.

Similarly I want to buy someone... a squad player just for extra back up in a certain position. I identify the player and lets say this player is valued at 10m... they demand in excess of 30m. How is that fair? I need to pay 3x the price if i want i player but they have the audacity to offer me 1/4 for an in form player? 

Literally makes no sense. I'm paying through the nose even for regens just to get some prospects in. I was quoted 46m for someone valued at 24k... how can the game justify this?

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Let's break it down here.

1) The AI is making an optimistic offer, you are not being made to accept it and can easily attempt to negotiate it up or can outright refuse it.

2) The AI is starting off a negotiation high, you do not have to pay their initial asking price and can easily attempt to negotiate it down or can withdraw your offer.

3) It's the clubs way of telling you that the player isn't for sale, or at least not unless you make on hell of an offer. It's done this way because if clubs outright said that players weren't for sale then these forums would be flooded with people complaining that clubs wouldn't sell any players. Again you can easily attempt to negotiate them down or can stop chasing that player.

This makes the negotiation process realistic, as Mack is pointing out. If clubs simply offered exactly what a player is "worth", that's rather silly - its not negotiating, its offering the face "value". Bearing in mind that value is subjective and everything from morale to contract length can come into play. The team making the offer may also be putting in the work to try to unsettle the player, in hopes of leveraging a better deal. Much like you can do when you target a player. Don't just make an offer, get annoyed that the AI says no, and move on. Real clubs have to put in work. Real managers have to put in the work. Use the media.

I do find that on some young players they dont want to sell they have ridiculously high requests like i saw a youngster n my save really good potential playing in serie c and hes worth 65k and i offered £1M and they want 54M and will not budge.  I mean lets face it if a big club did offer 5mill for him like i then did they would accept it.  I do get low balled for my players but I negotiate and normally manage to get a decent fee for my players or they back out and my players get upset.  The transfer system is good just feel needs some tweaks for youngsters at financially insecure clubs asking for ridiculous money

1 hour ago, argento said:

I do find that on some young players they dont want to sell they have ridiculously high requests like i saw a youngster n my save really good potential playing in serie c and hes worth 65k and i offered £1M and they want 54M and will not budge.  I mean lets face it if a big club did offer 5mill for him like i then did they would accept it.  I do get low balled for my players but I negotiate and normally manage to get a decent fee for my players or they back out and my players get upset.  The transfer system is good just feel needs some tweaks for youngsters at financially insecure clubs asking for ridiculous money

Your approach is all wrong.

The player has a value of £65k, did he have an asking price?

Why did you offer £1m when his value was £65k? thats over 15 times his value.  To be blunt thats a terrible bid, I would open either with an enquiry or something around £50k tops and then let the other team respond.

Given you've offered 15x the player's value its no wonder they countered with £54m, if you had offered £50k they would have probably countered with something much lower.

After that its a case of negotiation and with a small club in Serie C you would have then been able to push them down to something much lower if you had wanted, maybe as you say around £5m but even then you aren't taking the hint that the player isn't really for sale unless you offer stupid money.

11 minutes ago, argento said:

I've bid a lot lower than that and i've had a similar response, I just wanted to tie up the deal quickly as I have the finances.  I understand where you are coming from but the point remains that kind of money would not be turned down.  

No one ever accepts an opening bid for anything IRL if they have any sort of clue because thats all it is an opening offer.

Games are somewhat restricted by their coding but the point remains if you had negotiated "that kind of money" would have been eventually accepted.

Archived