"Plays Short Simple Passes" - Deep Lying Playmaker

Hello everyone,

a quick question about the PPM "Plays Short Simple Passes": I have a player with this PPM that I want to be the deep pivot in my team. I want him to  be a deep lying playmaker - also passing long when the ball is on. Do you have any experience in how much the PPM affects his passing? I just tested having him as a DLP(d) with More Direct Passing and More Risky Passes in a  friendly. I'm not sure about the results, but he didn't once try a through ball to one of my three attackers (playing 4132).

Do you have any experience of getting those longer passes from a DLP? Should I train him in Tries Killer Passes or Likes to Switch the Ball?

He is playing to his ppm. There will be a higher chance he will play short instead of long, you could try the TI pass into space. If you forwards do attack the space, then the DLP could try making the passes. Having said that you may be better off unlearning that ppm if you want him to be a playmaker, and you may also want to check his attributes out. He needs passing and decisions to have at least 2 key attributes of a PM

Archived