Can we sort out the unrealism of the Scottish Premier League (SPFL)?

HalfGreenHalfBlue

Having played as Celtic last few years its immensely irritating the unrealistic 'balance' (rather than imbalance as is the reality) considering the unbeaten run, 19 point gap between them and the 2nd best team (in real life) currently on route to an almost certain 6th in a row League Championship , to find smaller teams in the SPFL in the game score amazing goals or win at home against you despite having 4 shots to your 24 (x3 hitting the bar). 

I frequently find on Celtic saves no matter have hard or good you are or the team is you seem to lose between 5-8 times a season and this just is NOT realistic and the AI needs to be adjusted to represent that ability gap. Aberdeen are playing like Real Madrid in my save and that is not realistic or faithful to modern football let alone Scottish football.

Celtic have lost four league games each season for the past two seasons and dropped points in around 25% of matches which is very similar to what Barcelona did at their peak a few years ago.  You should expect to drop points approx one in four matches, that is normal.

In terms of struggling to beat lower teams I would normally say its down to your tactics not being suited to teams that set up defensively against you but given you win a lot of games anyway its clearly not a major issue.  If you feel you are dropping points in more of these games than you should (25%) then visit the tactics forum & post up details of your tactic.  The simple fact is teams don't always win games you think they should based on stats, just look at Leicester last season they won the league by doing similar.

9 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

Celtic have lost four league games each season for the past two seasons and dropped points in around 25% of matches which is very similar to what Barcelona did at their peak a few years ago.  You should expect to drop points approx one in four matches, that is normal.

In terms of struggling to beat lower teams I would normally say its down to your tactics not being suited to teams that set up defensively against you but given you win a lot of games anyway its clearly not a major issue.  If you feel you are dropping points in more of these games than you should (25%) then visit the tactics forum & post up details of your tactic.  The simple fact is teams don't always win games you think they should based on stats, just look at Leicester last season they won the league by doing similar.

I dont think its tactics, even when i play conservatively or with a standard mentality or our shape isn't too attacking you get randomly beaten 0-2 at home.

Meanwhile, Aberdeen are playing like Real Madrid and Nial McGinn is the best player on planet earth whilst a load of loan signings from the English Championship and youth players from Chelsea are out performing a Celtic team that on ability is full of internationals and clearly light years away in the game and in real life.

Not realistic and needs sorting out.

15 minutes ago, HalfGreenHalfBlue said:

I dont think its tactics, even when i play conservatively or with a standard mentality or our shape isn't too attacking you get randomly beaten 0-2 at home.

As I said the team that deserves to win based on stats doesn't always, that is football.

Its almost certainly tactical in some form whether that overall tactics or how you react to what is happening on the pitch.

As a much higher rep team your goal should be to score first & score at least two goals in those matches.  If the opposition score first your problem is compounded as the they have something to defend while ensuring you score two goals in a match means you still win even when lower opposition nick a goal from a counter attack or set piece.

FM17 more than any other version you need to be able to understand what is happening on the pitch and be able to react to it to give your team the best chance of scoring & therefore winning the matches.

Away from tactics you also need to consider how you build your squad, is it full of hard working, determined, professional players with high consistency that play to their best on a regular basis and dig in when things aren't going their way or do they lack backbone & crumble under pressure?

15 minutes ago, HalfGreenHalfBlue said:

Meanwhile, Aberdeen are playing like Real Madrid and Nial McGinn is the best player on planet earth whilst a load of loan signings from the English Championship and youth players from Chelsea are out performing a Celtic team that on ability is full of internationals and clearly light years away in the game and in real life.

Not realistic and needs sorting out.

If you feel RL player's attributes are wrong then you need to report it in the data forum providing a reasoned explanation as to why you think they are wrong.

• 10 months later...

Archived