tactic changing each game.

What's everyone's input into changing tactics every game? Majority keep the same shape though change roles and etc. I'm more keen into changing tactics, shape, how we play. 

All things considered I am playing in EFL league 2 and it seems to work wonders if I get it right based off the pre-match analysis. Played 13 games, lost 2 due to my judgement solely (made horrible calls). 

What's everyone's input? 

You should always adapt to combat your opponents tactical set up. Worst thing you can do is rest on your laurels and be stubborn and refuse to change 'The Tactic' that has been working so well last season.

I find adapting by changing player roles/mentalities and team mentality/shape the most rewarding. I very rarely change my formation unless I am heavily outnumbered in a specific area of the pitch which may result in me encountering many problems.

FM has now focused heavily on people needing to adapt as the AI is a lot more smarter than past versions.

I have three different shapes in the three tactics slots.

I pick the one I think matches up best against the expected opposition formation each match.  I don't often change the roles/duties within those shapes but I'll tinker with the TIs both before & during a match.

On 11. 1. 2017 at 10:41, OLLMEISTER1 said:

You should always adapt to combat your opponents tactical set up. Worst thing you can do is rest on your laurels and be stubborn and refuse to change 'The Tactic' that has been working so well last season.

I find adapting by changing player roles/mentalities and team mentality/shape the most rewarding. I very rarely change my formation unless I am heavily outnumbered in a specific area of the pitch which may result in me encountering many problems.

FM has now focused heavily on people needing to adapt as the AI is a lot more smarter than past versions.

The problem is, im so bad at analysing matches, so if we struggle, I don't know how to adapt to that, wish I would be better at analysing matches.

I have two Tactics which are the same Formation, one fluid/control and one structured/counter each with its own TIs and used according to opposition and whether I'm favourites or not, the roles in each tactic are Identical so that I can switch during matches if required and it doesn't affect my shape.

I've used the same tactic for the last 3 years without adapting and done very well. I'll make very slight changes during the game, maybe move my defensive line or change a role if the player isn't doing what I'm wanting from them, but I rarely do a big overhaul of my style for different opponents.

You can play with one tactic the whole season and make minor changes, or you can use a different tactic to combat each AI formation you meet. Both work, the only issue you will face is squad depth. As far as tactical familiarity goes, you can avoid all that by playing FMT 

I have 3 shapes, using the same personnel - I mostly play LLM, so not losing is key ;)

a 5-4 1  

a 4-1-4-1

and

a 4-4-1-1 

I have my wide players doing the same throughout  (2 Wing backs and 2 wide midfielders set to operate like deep inside forwards (cut inside, etc.)

I just shift my midfield/defence around as such, look for utility midfielders/defenders  i.e.  a CB who can play as half back and as a defensive minded CM and a CM who can also play as an AM. 

I prefer the 5-4-1 as I find it incredibly solid, however when the opposition is playing with a sole striker, I switch to bolster my midfield or attack, depending on the opposition tactics or ability.

Archived