Conceding late goals...

Can anyone give me a little hint on how I can get my team (Spurs) to actually concentrate and stop throwing away wins in the last 10 minutes? 

Before anyone jumps on this, I'm not slating the game, claiming it's a bug or blaming the Russians for cyber hacking my game.. I'm fully aware it's more than likely something tactically, so any help or ideas would be appreciated.. 

I too faced this issue, but found if I moved to "Contain" and used the touchline instruction "Tighten Up", it seemed to make a difference.  I still concede late goals from time to time, but it seems to be far less than before.  That could just be a coincidence as my team has generally improved, mind you!

Really depends on your tactics and the oppositions.

If they are behind they are going to push forward, be more aggressive and go all out for a goal.

What you can do against that depends on your current formation/tactics at that point in the match and how strong your team is compared to the opposition.

You generally can either:

A) Go more defensive, play narrower, back off more & hold your shape on the 18 yard line forcing the opposition to play through you.

B) Look to counter when they push forwards.

C) Play keep ball as much as you can to wind the clock down.

I think rule No #1 though is understand the flow of the match and when it changes.  If your team is in control there is no real reason to change, you change when the opposition takes control of the match.

I tried the counter, tighten up, drop deep and contain, and then about 2 minutes after that they conceded (West Ham) .. had a post match moan, so they did the exact same thing again in the next game against Bournemouth, followed up with a 2-0 defeat at psg (79th and 84th).. 

i know it's the concentration stat, but is there any way to actually teach them to pay attention? 

This is the problem with being vague. You get vague, general answers that, although correct, doesn't help you. If all you did was to change from whatever your mentality was to Contain, that could well have caused you to just make it worse.

Tactical questions should really be asked in the tactics forum, with the required amount of detail asked for in the pinned thread. That way the context is there, you get accurate and specific advice and hopefully understand better what's going on.

Archived