Board Interaction - Accepting Transfer on Your Behalf

nick.p

This would be a pretty small feature, but it would be good if there was opportunity to talk to the board after they accept a transfer on your behalf. In my save with Ajax, I'm in the January transfer window and major clubs are trying to poach my best players, with the board accepting offers for two of them (including one for my captain) on my behalf. I'm expected to win the league and am second on the table and while the offers were reasonable, my team will be considerably weaker making it near impossible for me to win the league. It would be good to be able to communicate this to the board and ask them to reevaluate their expectations. It would also be good if you had opportunity to convince them to reverse their decision. This could happen in the form of just convincing i.e. "If we sell I can see us being left behind by our rivals" as well as perhaps some promises you could make the board. Ideas for these promises I have thought of are:

Increasing season expectations (If they allow you to keep the player, you promise to win the league instead of reaching the playoffs for example)
Promising that in x amounts of seasons you can have a big achievement with that player i.e. win the Champions League
Promising that in x amounts of seasons you can sell the player for a much larger sum
Allowing the board to take money from your transfer budget as compensation (this isn't a promise, but could still work as you're saving the board money)

I'm not really sure how it would work if you were to break one of these promises, I guess it would depend on board confidence. Perhaps if you had low confidence, you'd be sacked and if it was higher you'd just take a big hit to your board confidence (probation period maybe?) and they would be much more reluctant to accept your future promises. 

So yeah, that's my idea, thanks for reading. Let me know what you think!

You should be able to protest a transfer if the board accept one on your behalf.

There should be a button in the bottom right corner when you get the transfer accepted message, it should simply say, *Protest Transfer*

You should then get a few options to interact with the board but I dont think its too detailed. I like your ideas on things that could be said to the board with regards to expectations.

However, I think their are some issues with the whole thing which I reported in the bugs forum. (Hopefully I, or someone else, will upload a save game soon for them to figure out if theres any issues)

• 10 months later...

Archived