Variable Auto-Save

Marabak

Hey. Never knew this part of the forum existed, as I have been away for a while. Anyway, it would be pretty cool to have the auto-save option have variable and/or style logic or variability throughout the season etc. I know this can be altered manually in the settings, but might save a few button clicks and my memory if it is auto.

For instance, my ratio of real-time to game-time is greater during the off-season, where I can spend an entire evening or so and only progress a day or two in game, whereas during the season, I normally plough through quite quickly, maybe getting through a couple of weeks and stopping only to play the matches etc. If I set the auto-save to every week, it means that if my game crashes (or my laptop battery falls out like the other week), I can lose quite a few real times hours if it is during the off-season whereas I would only lost a match during the season. And obviously, the off-season work I have lost is typically a lot more in-depth than just clicking through some news items during the season.

Additionally, other save options, like following every game or similar landmark, might be useful for other people.

If you know that your laptop crashes on a regular basis, I would suggest that you use the rolling 3 game autosave option and set it to daily rather than weekly.  You will always only have 3 saves but will only lose 1 days game time if there is a crash

Hi Frazt.

My laptop doesn't crash that frequently, although strangely it did during an international break after my post earlier, which is possibly the first time it has "crashed". Previously, the battery dropped out (again something that hasn't happened before) so my whole computer went off. I do have it set to weekly currently (on 3 rollings) but daily saves throughout the entire season means that far too long is spent with my looking at the "saving" screen rather than playing the game. A variable save would mean that I only see the saving screen every 20-30 minutes regardless of where I am in the season (actually, that's an idea, how about save games based on real-time, although probably still linked to pressing continue).

• 10 months later...

Archived