Work Permit Bug?

I'm not sure if this is a bug hence why posting here first.

I'm managing in a post hard Brexit world, i've tried to buy a 19 year old Romanian wonderkid, BUT his WP is refused.

The rules say for Romania's world ranking (24 in game) he needs to play 60% of their 'recent' games - why is 'recent' not defined? He's got 12 caps in the 16 games (75%) Romania have played in the 16 months since he made his debut - is 'recent' really more than this??? Even if i go back 2 years he's played 12 out of 18 = 66% 

I think the Brexit simulation is the worst idea FM have had in years, but what's going on with this???

6 minutes ago, Ant85 said:

I'm not sure if this is a bug hence why posting here first.

I'm managing in a post hard Brexit world, i've tried to buy a 19 year old Romanian wonderkid, BUT his WP is refused.

The rules say for Romania's world ranking (24 in game) he needs to play 60% of their 'recent' games - why is 'recent' not defined? He's got 12 caps in the 16 games (75%) Romania have played in the 16 months since he made his debut - is 'recent' really more than this??? Even if i go back 2 years he's played 12 out of 18 = 66% 

I think the Brexit simulation is the worst idea FM have had in years, but what's going on with this???

As he is under 21yo you only need to look at the last 12 months of matches for Romania and work out the % he has played.  As you say he needs to have played in more than 60% of those matches.

If he has played in less than 60% then he needs to earn enough points to qualify.  Points are gained by paying a high transfer fee (Check rules tab for current level in your save), his wages being amongst the highest in your squad and having played in continental competitions over the last 12 months.

It's hard to tell as it won't let me see their lineups for some of the older games.

However given that he played a MAX 6 games in 2018 when he made his debut (assuming he played in every remaining game) then he's played at least 6 out of 10 games in 2019 (i.e. last 12 month) so 60% MINIMUM

Added to that is I signed him (without WP) before Romania's final 2 games of the year which he missed though injury. So he definitely played 60%+ in the time prior to that

40 minutes ago, Ant85 said:

It's hard to tell as it won't let me see their lineups for some of the older games.

However given that he played a MAX 6 games in 2018 when he made his debut (assuming he played in every remaining game) then he's played at least 6 out of 10 games in 2019 (i.e. last 12 month) so 60% MINIMUM

Added to that is I signed him (without WP) before Romania's final 2 games of the year which he missed though injury. So he definitely played 60%+ in the time prior to that

Just an idea but are you sure you're checking for the last 12 months rather than the calender year? e.g. if the date in your game is 1st July 2019 he needs to have played in 60% of Romania internationals since 1st July 2018, not 1st January 2019.

11 hours ago, Ant85 said:

I would log it in the bugs forum for SI to review.

I have a feeling that because you can't see the lineups for older matches he might be tagged as having not played them which would probably reduce his % below whats needed.

Archived