The Red Devils are flying again.

Cheese On Toast

Using CM03/04 4.1.5 Large Database and English prem - division 3....Enjoy

I awoke with a fright after having a nightmare about Sir Alex Ferguson being shafted out of the club by David Gill after repeated fallouts with the players and the notorious horse, Rock of Gibraltor. He was then sacked without compensation and was not even allowed to clean out his locker or his office. Was my club going down.....Thats when i awoke.

The phone rang and at 8 o'clock in the morning i was wondering who it could be. I answered weerily as i was still half asleep.

'Errr hello, Who is it?' I asked sheepishly,

'Hi Danny, its David Gill remember me? We played golf together last week and i was telling you about the changing time at OT. Well its time for them changes.' My heart sank, What was going to happen.

'So why does this involve me David.'

'Well Sir Alex has been sacked in stormy circumstances, which i dont want to talk about for legal reasons, so i come to my most trusted friend, you, to see if you want to take the reigns of this football club. We dont want to go about trying to get proven managers, we want someone who is new in the business looking to make a name for himself. So are you up to the job?' he said.

I paused for a moment and breathed in a few times to calm myself down. Was i going to be the next manager of Man Utd. i did need something to do seeing as my job was going nowhere. i answered Davids proposal with a firm 'Yes'.

'Oh great, thats terrific news, Can you start today?We will have to sort out your contract then do the whole press conference. Is that ok?

'Yes thats fine with me. Cya later David.'

I got dressed quickly and tried to find my best suit to go to work in. i also packed some training gear as i was to do training aswel.

i arrived at OT at 8:45a.m and David was waiting outside for me. We walked into the board room and i was greeted by the other board members. We got straight down to contrac talks. £10K a week is what they offered me and i was definately not going to refuse that offer as i needed the money.Contacts talks finished we moved hastily to the press conference.

i was greeted by the clicks and flashes of cameras. I was a little nervous as i didnt want to look stupid by answering questions in a stupid way. David spoke first.

'I welcome everybody here today to the great unveiling of our new manager, Danny. He has been brought in after Sir Alex left in a heated row. But enough about the past, we need to think about the future. Danny is a long term friend of mine and i am sure he will be another great manager and bring us lots of silverware.'

The reporters started firing questions at me, I didnt know exactly what to say but i felt i did a good job in answering the questions. Finally the PC was over and it was time to meet my squad. i was led out by my caretaker assistant manager Brian McClair to meet the squad. i didnt realise the size of the squad Man Utd had. They seemed a great bunch of lads. C Ronaldo seemed to be the joker of the bunch and im sure it was going to be a fun job for me.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using CM03/04 4.1.5 Large Database and English prem - division 3....Enjoy

I awoke with a fright after having a nightmare about Sir Alex Ferguson being shafted out of the club by David Gill after repeated fallouts with the players and the notorious horse, Rock of Gibraltor. He was then sacked without compensation and was not even allowed to clean out his locker or his office. Was my club going down.....Thats when i awoke.

The phone rang and at 8 o'clock in the morning i was wondering who it could be. I answered weerily as i was still half asleep.

'Errr hello, Who is it?' I asked sheepishly,

'Hi Danny, its David Gill remember me? We played golf together last week and i was telling you about the changing time at OT. Well its time for them changes.' My heart sank, What was going to happen.

'So why does this involve me David.'

'Well Sir Alex has been sacked in stormy circumstances, which i dont want to talk about for legal reasons, so i come to my most trusted friend, you, to see if you want to take the reigns of this football club. We dont want to go about trying to get proven managers, we want someone who is new in the business looking to make a name for himself. So are you up to the job?' he said.

I paused for a moment and breathed in a few times to calm myself down. Was i going to be the next manager of Man Utd. i did need something to do seeing as my job was going nowhere. i answered Davids proposal with a firm 'Yes'.

'Oh great, thats terrific news, Can you start today?We will have to sort out your contract then do the whole press conference. Is that ok?

'Yes thats fine with me. Cya later David.'

I got dressed quickly and tried to find my best suit to go to work in. i also packed some training gear as i was to do training aswel.

i arrived at OT at 8:45a.m and David was waiting outside for me. We walked into the board room and i was greeted by the other board members. We got straight down to contrac talks. £10K a week is what they offered me and i was definately not going to refuse that offer as i needed the money.Contacts talks finished we moved hastily to the press conference.

i was greeted by the clicks and flashes of cameras. I was a little nervous as i didnt want to look stupid by answering questions in a stupid way. David spoke first.

'I welcome everybody here today to the great unveiling of our new manager, Danny. He has been brought in after Sir Alex left in a heated row. But enough about the past, we need to think about the future. Danny is a long term friend of mine and i am sure he will be another great manager and bring us lots of silverware.'

The reporters started firing questions at me, I didnt know exactly what to say but i felt i did a good job in answering the questions. Finally the PC was over and it was time to meet my squad. i was led out by my caretaker assistant manager Brian McClair to meet the squad. i didnt realise the size of the squad Man Utd had. They seemed a great bunch of lads. C Ronaldo seemed to be the joker of the bunch and im sure it was going to be a fun job for me.

Financial Side of the Club

The club were in great financial shape. Well obviously. I had a large transfer kitty of £43million but i know i would probably only spend a little of this as my squad was pretty full from where i took charge.

I had a good wage structure to work with aswel as i was £250K over my annual budget. All moneygrabbers would be sold straight away as i didnt want my club going bankrupt and having overpaid youngsters.

Transfers so far

I have been busy in the transfer market as i have brought in 3 youngsters.

Tom huddlestone - Derby £450k

Aaron Lennon - Leeds - £450k

Danilo Arrieta - Valencia - £675k.

There is 3 players i am looking to bring in.

Tomas Ujaflusi - HSV - No offer has been accepted yet.

Evandro Roncatto - Free - work permit is being considered.

Mikel Arteta - £3.7milion - Contract.

No players have departed as of yet.

More transfers in, and out

In

Mikel Arteta - Rangers - £3.7Million

Kasper Schmeichel - Man City - £220k

Chris James Fulham - £240k

Oskitz Estefania - Real sociedad - £800k

Transfers out:

Fabien Barthez - Chelsea - £4.3million

Quinton Fortune - Tottenham - £3.3million

Fans Rocked by Barthez sale

The fans of Manchester United were rockd this morning as Chelsea sealed the transfer of French goalkeeper Fabien Barthez. Barthez had fell out with club officials and was obviously going to be sold. Man Utd managed to get £4.3million for a goalkeeper who is to have been said to be 'over the hill' and they must be rubbing their hands. This is just a tiny amount of money to the new Chelsea regime but the whole football world has been rocked.

A club spokesperson has said 'Due to legal reason we cannot tell you the full details of why he [barthez], but as he had a fallout with backroom staff and was also a nuisance in the training ground we just couldnt have this bad influence at man utd and he was not showing an example to the youth team as they look up to the older players. We do wish Barthez good luck.'

Barthez Plans to end career at Stamford Bridge

Chelsea's new signing Fabien Barthez has today issued a rebuke to critics, who have described the veteran goalkeeper as a waste of money.

Speaking to The Guardian, Barthez said he can see no reason why he will be unable to play at his current high standard until the end of the season.

English Premier Division title odds from Skybet

Arsenal have been made favourites to win the English Premier Division title this season.

The rest of the main contenders are priced at: 2-1 - Man utd, 6-1 - Chelsea, 8-1 - Newcastle, 10-1 - Liverpool and 40-1 Everton.

As far as your team is concerened, the bookmakers believe that you definately have the quality to mount a serious title challenge and that no matter what happens you will be there or thereabouts come the nd of the season. The pre-seasn odds of 2-1 that they have given you reflect this.

Well i am a little miffed at not being made favourite but that puts more pressure on Arsenal.

I am hoping for a few more signings to add to my squad and then we will be ready for the title charge.

Pre-Season

Not the best pre-season for my team as we only managed to win 1 game, draw 3 and lose 2. i hope this was just psychological for the other teams so tehy think we are a pushover.

Bristol Rovers : 0-0

Preston - 0-1

Heusden - 3-0

Zulte Waregem - 1-2

Germinal Beerschot - 0-0

Standard - 0-0

I just hope my team can do alot better in the league than in the pre-season.

Community Shield

Arsenal 2 - 4 Man Utd

After our dreadful pre-season we had to kick off our season with a game against Arsenal. What a game it was.

Cristiano had the best debut of his life. He scored 2 and got man of the match. Ruud van Nistelrooy also scored two and got his 50th goals today aswel. One unfortunate thing about today was John O'Shea got red carded for a second yellow card. He is now banned for one match.

Dennis Bergkamp scored both of Arsenal's goals.

Another Transfer

One more transfer to tell is the signing of Evandro Roncatto from Guarani for £300k

First match of League campaign

We were sent to Elland road for a tough first match of the season and everyone knew it would be a hard match.

Disaster struck on 19 minutes as Ruud van Nistelrooy was stretched off. So on came Roncatto making his debut.

We fell apart after that as Alan Smith scored for Leeds on 25 minutes.

Second Half

A good start to the second half as Scholes scored on 55 minutes after a weel worked goal.

For the second game running i had a player get sent off, This time it was Silvestre for two yellow cards. So some substitutions. On comes Alan Tata and Mikel Arteta for Kleberson and Roy Keane respectively.

With all my subs now used i just hoped nothing else happened.

Ronaldo came to the rescue on 78 minutes as he scored a scorcher of a goal from 18 yards out that left Robinson stranded.

Full-Time

A sloppy first match but we came out with 3 points and thats all that mattered.

5th in the league after one game.

Physio Report

My physio Robert Swires came to me after the match to tell me that i had two injuries. I knew about one which was Nistelrooy, fortunately he was only out for a day with a back strain.

Rio Ferdinand had suffered a fractured arm and was to be out for upto 2 weeks.

Transfer speculation about

Rio Ferdinand was my latest player to be suggested of a move away from OT. Firstly it was Inter Milan who was trying to sign him as i am interested in Tomas Ujfalusi, but i told them that Ferdinand is going nowhere as i want the pair to team up.

Also Chelsea came in with a bid of £8.5million for Ferdinand. I just laughed at the offer as it would take a rather large offer for me to just even consider negotiations.

Arsenal have been trying to poach Gary Neville from me with an illegal approach. They have not had permission to talk to my player and i am willing to go to FIFA about this. They finally made a bid of £4million for him but he is an important first team player so i couldnt accept.

Diego Forlan was offered to a few clubs aswel as i dont think he will get in my team as he is now 4th choice striker and could be 5th choice if i manage to get the siginig of Gilardino from parma.

More transfers

Doem more transfers today as we captured the signings of two great players.

Tomas Ujfalusi - HSV - £20.5million over 2 years.

Alberto Gilardino - Parma - £20million over 2 years.

We are also waiting on work permits for Freddy Guarin and Toledo.

Frustration at OT

i could have sacked all my players today as we couldnt beat a poor Tottenham side.

Tottenham went into the lead on 29minutes from Robie keane.

Ronaldo got injured on 41 minutes and was replaced by Roncatto.

nistelrooy levelled the match on 45 minutes.

In the second half we just couldnt find our feet and could only manage a point.

not a good start to the season a win and a draw.

Back On Track

We got our campaign back on track this afternoon as we entertained, and i mean entertained Wolves at Old Trafford. After a poor pre-season and first 2 games we needed to show the rest of the EPL and Europe that we mean business.

I had swopped my team about for this match as we had a few injuries and suspensions. Silvestre replaced P.Neville, arteta replaced Keane, Giggs replaced Ronaldo and Roncatto replaced Gilardino. All were on the bench with Roy Carrol.

We needed a good start to put us in the driving seat and Roncatto did just that. After great play from Kleberson, the two Brazilians linked up great and made Roncatto just roll the ball in from 6 yards.

3 minutes later and it was the Kleberson show. No-one could touch him and as he neared the 18 yardbox he just blasted the ball into the net.

Another Injury

Another injury to one of my players and this time it was Gary Neville. It didnt seem like anyone touch him as he just pulled up.

Roncatto Got his second of the match on 34 minutes after the Wolves defence just left him and he easily put the ball into the net. 4 minutes later and Roncatto got his hat-trick. His first hat-trick for Man Utd at only 17 years of age was some achievement. Im sure this will be one of many.

Half-Time

Half time and we went in with 4-0 lead. A great half and we were staking our claim in this championship.

Second Half

Second half and my team started off strongly. On 57 Minutes the Superb Roncatto grabbed his 4th goal of the match to make it 5-0 to the Red Devils.

62 minutes gone and it was time for a substitution. On came Alberto Gilardino for the below par van Nistelrooy who has yet to play well, and C. Ronaldo came on for Ryan Giggs.

Roncatto rounded of a great match for himself and the team as he grabbed his 5th of the match. What a great match for this young prodigy. He is surely one to watch for the future.

Full-Time

Full-time and we get 3 points and a great win. Now in second place and only there because Man City have won all 3 of their matches.

Board delighted with win over wolves

Manchester United chairman David Gill could not hide his delight follinwing his teams 6-0 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Robert Swires post match physio report.

My physio Robert Swires came to me after the match to tell me that Gary Neville had suffered a twisted knee. He was to be out for a day.

Last Of the Transfers

My last two Transfers before the deadline as i secured the signatures of two promising players.

Freddy Guarin - Envigado - £1million

Toledo - Catanzaro - £500k

Two good young players who will be giving my midfield some competition.

Transfers out

i have an offer from Parma and Real Sociedad for Diego Forlan and have both been accetped.All that needs now is for them to agree personal terms. Also Djemba Djemba has been offered to a host of clubs but no takers yet.

Fulham 0 - 4 Man Utd

My two new signings made their debuts today which turned out to be another one-sided game.

Gilardino scored his first for the club on 11 minutes and the whole bench went wild.

Second Half

Roncatto was not playing very well so i brought him off at half-time for Nistelrooy.

9 minutes into the second and new signing Freddy Guarín scored on his debut.

Ruud van Nistelrooy had a slow start to the season but he got back to great form in this match. After coming on as a second half substitute, he scored to make it 3-0 in the 71st minute. He later rounded off the match in style when he scored his second on 84minutes.

Full-Times

Another great match saw us go top of the table but Man City have a game in hand.

Transfer Deadline: Ins and Outs

Transfers In

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Person | From | Fee |

| Tom Huddlestone | Derby | £450k |

| Aaron Lennon | Leeds | £450k |

| Danilo Arrieta | Valencia | £675k |

| Mikel Arteta | Rangers- | £3.7million |

| Kasper Schmeichel | Man City | £220k |

| Chris James | Fulham | £240k |

| Oskitz Estefania | Real Sociedad | £800k |

| Evandro Roncatto | Guarani | £300k |

| Tomas Ujafulsi | HSV | £20.5million |

| Alberto Gilardino | Parma | £22.5million |

| Freddy Guarin | Envigado | £1million |

| Toledo | Cantazaro | £500k |

---------------------||----------------------------|---------------------------|

Total | £51million | </pre>

Transfers Out

| Person | To | Fee |

| Fabien Barthez | Chelsea | £4.3million |

| Quinton Fortune | Tottenham | £2.4milliom |

| Diego Forlan | Real Sociedad | £4.3million |

-----------------------||----------------------------|-----------------------|

Total | £11million | </pre>

Hard fought Victory at OTMan Utd 1-0 Aston Villa

A tough match today saw two of Aston Villas players get taken off injured within 30 minutes.

It took us till the second half to come up with a goal.Nistelrooy Scored and also got MoMfor his great performance.

In the 73rd minute Aston Villa went down to 10 men after Gregg Berhalter got sent of for a two footed tackle.

87 minutes and Aston Villa scored from an own goal by Ujafulsi, however this goal was disallowed as there was a push.

Full-Time

A great win saw us go 2 points clear at the top of the table.

Champions League Group stages:

Group A

Celta

Inter

Lyon

M. Tel-Aviv

Group B

Djurgarden

FC Bayern

Marseille

Olympiakos

Group C

AEK

Besiktas

Man Utd

Lazio

Group D

PSV

Real Sociedad

Sparta Prague

Wisla

Group E

Anderlecht

Arsenal

Shakhtar

VfB Stuttgart

Group F

CSKA Moscow

Dortmund

Milan

PAO

Group G

Juventus

Monaco

Newcastle

Partizan

Group F

Ajax

FC Copenhagen

Porto

Real Madrid </pre>

Even though my group doesnt look that hard i am not taking them lightly. They are all tough away matches and will be hoping to come away with some points

Group C Fixtures

Man Utd V Lazio

AEK V Besiktas

Besiktas V Man Utd

Lazio V AEK

AEK V Man Utd

Besiktas V Lazio

Lazio V Besiktas

Man Utd V AEK

Besiktas V AEK

Lazio V Man Utd

Man Utd V Besiktas

AEK V Lazio </pre>

UEFA Champions League Match 1

Man Utd 1-0 Lazio

A tight match tonight as lazio came to OT. There werent many chances as neither team would give up their possesion.

We broke the deadlock on 59minutes when Gilardino score a great goal. He re-deemed himself as he was playing rubbish til he scored this.

On came Roncatto for his Champions League debut as he came on for Nistelrooy.

Evertom 0 - 1 Man Utd

Another 1-0 win for my team but at least we got the 3 points.

Mikel Arteta scored his first goal for the club on 43 minutes after a fluke deflection.

Second Half

It seems like Roncatto is having a hard time getting to grips with the pace of Englaish football. After his match where he scored 5 goals, he just cant seem to get going. So n 60 minutes i brought on Nistelrooy to replace him.

On 79 minutes i used my last two subs to give players a rest. So on came Toledo for Ronaldo and Scholes for goalscorer Arteta.

League Cup 3rd Round Draw

The Draw was made today for the League Cup third round draw.

PRM Man City V Barnsley D2

D2 Plymouth V Leicester PRM

D1 Derby V Gillingham D1

PRM Newcastle V Bolton PRM

PRM Portsmouth V Man Utd PRM

PRM Tottenham V Cardiff D1

PRM Chelsea V Fulham PRM

D1 Wimbledon V Bristol City D2

PRM Arsenal V Southend D3

D3 Cambridge V Sunderland D1

D1 Wigan V Southampton PRM

PRM Liverpool V Aston Villa PRM

PRM Blackburn V Walsall D1

D1 W.B.A V Scunthorpe D3

D1 Sheff Utd V Rushden D2

PRM Wolves V Everton PRM </pre>

An all Premiership encounter for a few teams in the draw.

Southend can surely be the only team to make a huge pset if they beat a strong Arsenal team.

I know tht Portsmouth will not be a push over as i am going to try and secure my first piece of silverware with taking this trophy.

After som disappointing displays from my team i was now face to face with a strong Middlesbrough side. Middlesbrough have been Man utd's bogey team for a few years after beating them on occasions where united needed to win to get the EPL. I was hoping that my team was going to be on top for the entire match.

My team was nearly complately re-arranged. My gk and defence stay the same as thay had only let 4 goals in. So now it was my midfield to get changed as it wasnt as good as it could be.

Midfield Before (right side to left side)

Toledo Arteta Guarin C. ROnaldo

Midfield for Boro Game

Kleberson Scholes Keane Giggs </pre>

My strikers also changed. With Gilardino and Roncatto still settling in to the new surroundings i brought in van Nistelrooy and brought back in Ronaldo. With Ronaldo doing all the running it would leave Nistelrooy to be on poaching duty. Ronaldo would send them dizzy so that everone could get up the field.

Team versus Boro

Howard

G.Neville Ujafulsi Ferdinand Silvestre

Kleberson Scholes Keane Giggs

| |

| |

| |

| |

| |

\/ van Nistelrooy C. Ronaldo \/</pre>

i thought this was nearly my best team but it was the best i had to work with until all my players settled down.

Man Utd 4 : 0 Middlesbrough

C.Ronaldo 27,45,48

Nistelrooy 37

A great match today as my team needed to buck their ideas up and start to score some goals. I wanted to try and get a settled team but with eahch game every player under performing i knew it would take a while.

We started off good as we put lots of pressure on them. Nash was in superb form and keeping us from going in to the lead. On 27 minutes Ronaldo broke the deadlock after he ran through the entire Boro defence to smash the ball home.

37 minutes gone and we go 2-0 up. A great team effort set Nistelrooy up on his way as he placed the ball in the bottom right hand corner.

On the stroke of half-time, Ronaldo grabbed his second of the match after scholes put him through.

Second Half

A good first half was followed by a great star to the second half as Ronaldo scored i the 48th minute to get his hat-trick and the match ball.

71 minutes past and i brought on 3 subs.

Evandro Roncatto for Cristiano Ronaldo

Mikel Arteta for Paul Scholes

Freddy Guarin for Roy Keane

Ronaldo recieved a standing ovation for scoring 3 goals and securing 3 points.

UEFA Champions League Match 2

Besiktas 0-3 Man Utd

We played a strong Besiktas side today and it was looking to be a hard match as istanbul is a bit hostile at the moment.

Paul Scholes Scored from the penalty spot on 8 minutes after Ronaldo was brought down.

Nistelrooy Had taken a second penalty on the 23rd minute.

Ronaldo rounded off the scoring on 36 minutes.

Not really much to report as it turned out one-sided.

Blackburn 0-3 Man Utd

Another great win today saw us go further ahead in the title race. Even though its early day we will surely be favourites for the title now.

It seems like Roncatto is finding his feet now as he put us into the lead on 6 minute after he found some space in the area.

On 15 minutes Blackburn got a penalty. Lucas Neil couldnt scored as Tim Howard parried it away.

26 minutes gone and Roncatto gets his second of the match. A well worked goal and he is surely finding his bearings now.

Second Half

A great second was started by Gilardino as he netted on 63 minutes. A well timed run saw him smash the ball into the awaiting goal.

Full Time

A good win and we stay top of the League.

Jones Signs for Rotheram

Youngster David Jones has signed for Rotherham United on a 3 month loan. I decided to loan him out so that he can get some valuable first team experience.

UEFA Champions League - Match 3

I made 2 changes to my squad for this match as i wanted a stronger side to take to Greece. So in came Giggs for Toledo, and Guarin made way for Scholes. They were the only two changed as my team had performed well otherwise.

The Team

Howard

G.Neville Ujafulsi Ferdinand Silvestre

Ronaldo Scholes Arteta Giggs

| |

| |

| |

| |

| |

\/ van Nistelrooy Roncatto \/ </pre>

AEK 0 -1 Man Utd

As it seems like Roncatto is in form i kept him in the side to face AEK tonight. After scoring 10 goals in 5 games i felt he was due a good run in the team. With 3 hat-tricks to his name already.

The first half neither team could break each other down as there was no space to work with. AEK closed us down quickly and gave us no time on the ball. Even Ronaldo with his skills couldnt find and rythem.

Second Half

After the disappointing first half i wanted a stronget second half to keep us top of the league.

Ruud van Nistelrooy came into great form on 56 minutes after he scored the winner. A great goal sent us top of the league.

Full time

Full time and after a below par performance we managed to come away with 3 points. My team didnt play that well with only Nistelrooy coming off with a broad smile on his face.

Man Utd recieve £200.000 for winning

After beating AEK we were awarded £200k

Un-rest in the squad

I had the first casualty of my regime today as Alan Tate complained to The Sun that i wasnt giving him a fair run in the team and that he wanted first team football. When i called him into my office after i had read this story i wanted an explanation.

'Well Danny' Alan said. 'I dont think you have treated me with the respect of the other players. I feel i am due some first team action and you are not giving it me. If this doesnt get resolved i may have to look else where for first team action.'

'OK Alan'I said trying not to get agitated. 'Well this is what i propose. Seeing as you are a hot prospect for our future i am not going to give you a warning for unprofessional behaivour so i will give you the benefit of the doubt. You will get picked when the time is right as my defence is playing superb as you might of known. So i would strongly recommend you do not say anything to the press again or there will be severe punishment'

On that note Alan walked out of my office sheepishly. The next days paper read :Tate happy with role. The article said:

Man Utd youngster Alan Tate has made a public apology to his manager for telling the media that e was disillusioned at not being picked for the first team.

Tate admitted that he should respect any decisions that his manager makes and realise that complaining publicly is not going to improve his chances of selection.

Newcastle 0 - 5 Man Utd

I sent my scout, Ed van Stijn to report back to me with Newcastles tactics. he came to my house on friday night to sort everything out. He said that Bobby Robson prefers a direct attacking 4-4-2 formation and i should look out for Craig Bellamy. They have an exceptional sde.

The Nistelrooy Show

nistelrooy hit top form today as he blew Newcastle away. He didnt have to wait long for his first goal as it came in the 3rd minute. He rounded the keeper to slot the ball in the net. newcastle couldnt have wished for a worse start.

It only took another 2 minutes for him to get his second as he scored a screamer on 5 minutes. Newcastle must of wondered what had hit them.

23 minutes gone and Nistelrooy gets his long awaited hat-trick. A great goal and the whole team went to congratulate him.

Second Half

The first half was going to be hard to top mut Ruud had other plans. It only took him 6 minutes to get his 4th goal of the afternoon as he scored again. Newcastle were now playing against the Harlem Globetrotters of football.

Nistelrooy got his 10th goal of the league on 71 minutes to mark a memorable occasion.

After ha scored this goal i brought on 3 subs.

Freddy Guarin for Mikel Arteta

Toledo for Ryan Giggs

Evandro Roncatto for Gilardino

I didnt want to take Nistelrooy off as i wanted to see if he could get 6 goals in one match.

Full-Time

What a match but im sre Newcastle wished they hadnt turned up. This win saw us go 8 points clear at the top of the table with only 10 games gone.

Physio Report

My physio rported to me after the match that Ryan Giggs will be out for a week with a damaged neck.

Board delighted at win over rivals

Man Utd chairman David Gill could not hide his delight following his teams 5-0 win over rivals Newcaslte United.

This fantastic start to the season has seen The Red Devils rise quickly to the top of the table.

Fans of the club will be hoing that the team can maintain their fine form to reaffirm their status as title favourites.

League Cup 3rd Round

As i was playing Arsenal in my next league fixture i swopped most of team round and gave some youngsters a run out in the cup.

My Team

Carroll

P.Neville Huddlestone O'Shea Silvestre

Fletcher Guarin Arteta Toledo

| |

| |

| |

| |

| |

\/ Gilardino Roncatto \/ </pre>

Even though i want some silverware, the League Cup is not high on my priority list.

Portsmouth 2 - 4 Man Utd

My youngsters did the job today as they got through t the 4th round of the League Cup. I was pleased with their performance as they showed they can handle the pressure.

Scoring started on 11 minutes when Gilardino got his first of the match to silence his critics.

21 minutes gone and Roncatto gets his first of the match. A superb goal. Hes on fire.

3 minutes later and its Gilardino's turn to score. A superb goal that surely helped build up his confidence.

Unfortunatley Portsmouth got a penalty and Berger scored it.

Second Half

I started the half with bringing on youngster Oskitz Estefania for Arteta to give him his first taste of first team action.

We were living dangerously when in the 81st minute Yakubu scored and my team got nervous. I didnt want us to throw away a good lead.

Roncatto made sure we didnt lose the match as he scored in the 88th minute to secure victory.

Full-Time

I was very pleased with my team as they show maturity and also the ability to handle pressure. They also got us a £30,000 bonus.

Danny in League Cup fixing row

Man Utd manager Danny has been sensationally locked in a bitter feud with FA bosses as he claimed the draw for the League Cup fourth round was fixed. It came about when Man Utd were drawn out to play arch rivals Arsenal.

Speaking to Sky Sports this is what Danny had to say.

'How on Earth is this not fixed. The FA just want money as this tie will unboubtably be a huge match. They(the FA) seem to side with London teams more than Northern teams as we always get the bad end. I demand an inquest into this. I am not at all happy.'

FA Executive Mark Palios had this to say:

'As you know, Danny is not happy with this draw. it is done in the fairest way possible and no 'fixing' was done. The two gentlemen drawing the teams: Trevor Brooking and Rodney Marsh, have done a good job. In no way did they tamper with the draw. We will be sending a fax to Mr Danny tomorrow telling him to come to a hearing for bringing the game into disrepute. That is all. Thank-you'

So there you have it. Both sides of the story. Back to Georgie in the studio.

The draw for the League Cup 4th Round

PRM Chelsea V Liverpool PRM

D2 Rushden V Newcastle PRM

PRM Tottenham V Leicester PRM

D2 Bristol City V Southampton PRM

PRM Man Utd V Arsenal PRM

D1 Gillingham V Everton PRM

D1 Sunderland V Man City PRM

D1 W.B.A V Blackburn PRM </pre>

Danny is warned over future conduct

After Danny's interview yesterday, The FA has reviewed footage of the draw and are adamant that there was no 'fixing' involved. Maybe this was just a distraction as Danny has a poor squad, but from judging from the start they made in the league these revelations cannot be true.

So the FA have decided to warn Danny over his future conduct and will have to deal with sever punishment if the subjuect arises again.

Danny will seem somewaht unhappy at this decision but he doesnt want to comment at this moment in time. He will have to calm his temper down and just get on with the match. And having to play Arsenal in the league next this isnt going to help matters. The atmosphere will be a very hostile place at OT and im sure Danny will make sure his team performs very well.'

Man Utd 2-0 Arsenal

After the fiasco of the league cup draw i was trying to forget about it and move on to this match. The match was going to fiery, as all Man Utd - Arsenal matches are, but this would be even worse after what i had said.

So we started off good, not letting arsenal get alot of possesion. in the 15 minute Lauren had lost his head abit and was subsequently sent off for his second yellow card after argueing with the referee Chris Foy.

We couldnt break the Arsenal defence down in the first half so we took a 0-0 into half-time.

Second Half

After a boring frst half, we had to come out all guns blazing and try and catch Arsenal off guard. 5 minutes after the restart and Giggs was put through by Nistelrooy to score a fabulous goal.

60 minutes had gone and Gilardino wasnt performing, I dont know what is wrong with him but he cant seem to settle. So on come youngster Evandro Roncatto.

Ruud vab Nistelrooy scored his 15th goal of the season to make it 2-0 on 73 minutes. After a slow start to the season he has been banging the goals in scoring over 1 a game. 15 Goals in 12 games.

Full-Time

A great match and we now stretch our lead at the top of the table to 10 points. We are really running away now and only 11 games in. Surely it will take alot from our rivals to dislodge us.

Newcastle will be hoping they can get some good form in as they are sitting in an embarrassing 18th position, and with a top 6 finish estimated they are surely going to have to step up their form.

A 2-1 win and qualification

We got qualification tonight from Group C and we are now uncatchable as we finished top.

Ronaldo opened the scoring on 8 minutes as he dribbled through the centre to score a great goal.

Second Half

AEK score a penalty on 55 minutes and sent us in a state of panic. We couldnt seem to break them down after this and it was cause for concern.

So on 69 minutes i brought Gilardino on for Guarin and told my team to go into a 433 formation.

My gamble paid off as in the 75th minute Roncatto scored a great goal to seal the match, 3 points and qualification.

I didnt want to lose this lead so in the 80th minute i brought on Roy Keane for Roncatto, Roncatto received a standing ovation.

Full-Time

A great win and £200k in the bank. Also qualification from Group C just added to the occasion

Man City 1-1 Man Utd

The first Manchester derby of the season ended in a 1-1 draw. Neither team, including us couldnt find any inspiration to get the win.

Man City scored on 36 minutes thanks to a Sinclair goal.

Second Half

Second half start good as Nistelrooy levelled the match with a good solo goal.

i tried a more attacking approach as i made 3 substitutions all at once.

The Subs:

Ronaldo for Toledo

Guarin for Arteta

Gilardino for Roncatto

These changes were in vain as we couldnt score a goal. the game finished 1-1.

Full-Time

A hard fought 1-1 and we now drop 2 points as we are now only 9 points above arsenal. Still Unbeaten in all competitions though.

Man Utd 3 - 1 Chelsea

After a below par performance against Man City in my last match, I had the hard task of overcoming the suprise package of Chelsea.

With Chelsea spending well over £100million players it was up to my team te deflate their bank account.

For once Gilardino seemed to find his feet and score on 13 minutes to take us into a 1-0 lead. I washoping that he would settle in fast so that Roncatto and Nistelrooy had competetion for places.

On 34 minutes Gilardino was staking his claim for a regular 1st team place as he scored another fabulous strike.

The just 2 minutes later Nisteltooy wasnt letting Gilardino have all the limelight as he put the ball in the back of the net.

Second Half

We did more defending that attacking in this half and this allowed Chelsea to get on top. late on in the game and substitute Mutu grabbed a conselation goal.

Full-Time

A great win against a good team and saw us go 10 points clear at the top.

Newcastle are still wallowing in the bottom half as they cant get out of their slump.

2 games without a win

Birmingham 1 - 1 Man utd

Two goals on either side of half time saw this match end in a 1-1 draw.

Roncatto netted first on 44 minutes to take us into halftime with a 1-0 lead.

Second Half

We couldnt keep our lead as Birmingham scored on 48 minutes. We nearly went behind on 51 minutes when they got a penalty but Tim Howard did a great save.

-------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League - Match 5

Lazio 2-1 Man Utd

I suffered my first loss of the season tonight as i came across a strong Lazio side. It seems like mt partnership of Nistelrooy and Gilardino doesnt to work as they cant play together. This was one of the main reasons why we couldnt score.

Nothing happened in the first half, but we went downhill straight after. 46 minutes gone and Roberto Muzzi scored for Lazio. It was a weak goal that we could of dealt with.

Gilardino levelled the match on 52 minutes with a thunderous strike.

Lazio soon went back in front after some poor defending let Claudio Lopez sneak in and grab a second goal.

Full-Time

Our first loss of the season and my team look downhearted. We were out classed by a strong lazio side and i can have no regrets as my team just didnt perform.

3 games without a win

I have now gone 3 games without a win and it is starting to get irritating.

League Cup Fourth round - Man Utd 2-3 Arsenal

Even though this is not a priority i stil wanted to beat arch rivals Arsenal after the fiasco about the draw. I still kept my youngsters in to give them a run out and they nearly made an upset.

It took 3 minutes to go into the lead when Danilo Arrieta, a 16 year old bought from Valencia scored on his debut. A great goal.

Our lead didnt last long when on 18 minutes Henry scored. Arsenal usually put a young side out but i guess they thought they needed a trophy this season as they wouldnt win one.

Second Half

i brought Roncatto on for Gilardino at the break.

It didnt take long for Arsenal to go into the lead when Bergkamp scored in the 48th minute.

Roncatto levelled the match on 55 minutes with a superb solo goal. It was truly something special.

My youngsters managed to go 80 minutes with the might of arsenal but were cruely dumped when Bergkamp got his second on 81 minutes and my team just couldnt come back.

Full-Time

i was pleased with my side today as the kept Arsnal at bay for much of the game. These youngsters are going to be one to watch for the future.

Back to winning ways

Lecister 2 - 3 Man Utd

A very close encounter today so us get back to winning ways and go further ahead in the table.

The scoring started in 3 minutes when Roncatto started from where he left off in the previous match.

Nistelrooy made it 2-0 on 12 minutes after some superb football from Man Utd.

Leicester got 1 back on 18 minutes and looked threatening throughout the first half.

Second Half

I needed to keep this lead as i didnt want to go 4 games without a win as my teams morale was low enough as it is.

Disaster strikes

Disater struck on 70 minutes when Muzzy Izzet got his second for Leicester. I thought we were going to draw another game.

Time went by and we still couldnt score. I tried everything to get my team to pick their heads up, nothing worked.

4minutes of injury time

the 90 minutes were up and the 4th official came to the touchline. How many minutes were left i said to myself. He held the board up. 4. I shouted at the top of m y lungs to my team to get a move on and push right up.

The seconds were ticking and leicester were piling on the pressure. When we pounced on a stray ball and went on a counter attack. With Nistelrooy waiting on the half-way line he made a dart up the field to get ready for a through ball. Arteta played the most pin point ball of his life and it fell to the feet of Nistelrooy. You would bet your house on him scoring. He neared the gk. he jinked left, jinked right. The gk went down and NIstelrooy rounded him. The bench got from its seats and were going to cheer Nistelrooy. Nistelrooy placed the ball in the net and give us a 3-2 lead with 30 seconds of injury time left.

Full Time

Full time and what a match. It was very tense at the end as Nistelrooy scored the winner. What a match though,

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

After the fiasco of the league cup draw iw as hoping i idnt loose my cool if we got a big team.

The Draw

D1 West Ham V Blackburn PRM

D2 Plymouth V Ipswich D1

D2 Oldham V Preston D1

D3 Bristol Rovers or V W.B.A D1

D3 Lincoln

D2 Peterborough V Port Vale D2

D3 Scunthorpe or V Crystal Palace D1

D2 Grimsby

D1 Gillingham V Cardiff D1

D1 Coventry V Bristol City D2

PRM Charlton V Q.P.R D2

PRM Leicester V Bradford City D2

PRM Leeds V Blackpool D2

D1 Sheff Utd V Man Utd PRM

D2 Chesterfield or V York or D3

D3 Cheltenham Barnsley D2

D3 Rotheram V Torquay D3

D1 Sunderland V Walsall D1

D2 Brentford or V Boston Utd D3

D3 Northampton

PRM Man City V Nottm Forrest D1

PRM Wolves V Doncaster or D3

Luton D2

PRM Portsmouth V Sheff Wed D2

PRM Arsenal V Millwall D1

PRM Newcastle V Bury D3

D1 Wimbledon V Liverpool PRM

D1 Norwich V Tottenaham PRM

D1 Watford V Reading D1

D1 Crewe V Chelsea PRM

PRM Birmingham V Wrexham D2

PRM Everton V Southampton PRM

PRM Bolton V Aston Villa PRM

Shrewsbury V Middlesbrough PRM

D1 Wigan V Stoke D1

PRM Fulham V Derby D1

D2 Brighton or V Burnley D1

D2 Rushden

</pre>

Man Utd 3-1 Besiktas

With already have been qualified i needed to get back to from as i lost my last match to Lazio. This time we played a supposedly good Besiktas side but the posed little threat.

Although i say a poor side they took the lead in 9 minutes after some sloppy defending and Ilhan Mansiz scored.

It took us till the 41st minute to get back on level terms when Rudd van Nistelrooy scored a great goal. 1-1.

Second Half

We started of the second half how we left the first. Within seconds of the restart Roncatto put us into the lead with a superb goal.

On 61 minutes RVN sealed the match with a superb goal. He is really coming into form now after a slow start to the season.

Full-time

A great win which saw us finish top of Group C.

Pos|Inf|Team |Pld|Won|Drn|Lst|For|Ag|GD|Pts|

1st| Q |Man Utd | 6 | 5 | 0 | 1 |11 | 4|+7| 15|

2nd| Q |Lazio | 6 | 2 | 2 | 2 |9 | 7|+2| 8 |

3rd| |AEK | 6 | 1 | 3 | 2 |6 |7 |-1| 6 |

4th| |Besiktas| 6 | 1 | 1 | 4 |6 |14|-8| 4 |

</pre>

Man Utd 1-0 Southampton

As southampton were in second place i had the chance to add more points to my lead at the top. With Southampton not going to be a pushover i wasnt expecting to be given an easy ride.

As i expected this was a close match as neiter team could come chance to scoring in the first half.

Second Half

Second half and i needed to up the tempo.

It took until the 78th minute to break the deadlock. And the man i wanted to score was there. Nistelrooy scored after some great play by the whole team.

Full-Time

A win against second in the table saw us go 15 points clear. That meant my rivals had to win 5 games and hope that i lost 5 games in order for them to get on level points. that would be some achievement

Bolton 2 - 1 Man Utd

I suffered my first loss of my league campaign and i just wishied it could have been someone other than my local rivals. I must hand it to Bolton though as tey were a tough team as i couldnt break them down.

We got off to a great start in the 12th minute when Roncattp scored a good goal, but it all just went downhill from here.

After leading throughtout the first half, it was inevitable that Bolton were going to equalise. Jardel got through my defence and scored straight on half time. I was furious.

Second Hlaf

This half didnt get any better as we were played off the park by a good Bolton team. What was more frustrating was that they scored in the 83trd minute to make us lose our 1st match of the campaign.

Full-Time

A bad loss today as we couldnt overcome a Bolton side. i wasnt so much bothered about the loss but it made it worse losing to a rival team. I just hope my team could pick themselves up.

Man Utd 2-0 Portsmouth

Our slump in form didnt last long as we beat a weak Portsmouth side.

Roncatto scored on 19 minutes after a great goal. He must of felt annoyed after he had scored 2 other fabulous goals only to have the both ruled offside.

Second Half

We started off quite slow but Arteta sealed the win with a great goal on 76 minutes.

Full-time

A good win and a good start to our FA Cup campaign as we play Sheff Utd in the 3rd round next.

Gilardino is sub-standard

Despite maintaining a respectable position in the league and putting together a run of good form, Man Utd manager danny has take time out to criricise striker Alberto Gilardino for his recent sub-standard performance.

I decided to criticise Gilardino as he has not performed very well. This latest crisitism might make him sit up and take notice.

Half way League Table

Pos |Inf |Team |Pld |Won |Drn |Lst |For |Ag |GD |Pts |

1st | |Man Utd | 19 | 15 | 3 | 1 | 46 | 10 | +36 | 48 |

2nd | |Southampton | 19 | 10 | 5 | 4 | 28 | 13 | +15 | 35 |

3rd | |Arsenal | 19 | 9 | 5 | 5 | 28 | 17 | +11 | 32 |

4th | |Liverpool | 19 | 8 | 8 | 3 | 21 | 11 | +10 | 32 |

5th | |Middlesbrough | 19 | 9 | 4 | 6 | 25 | 26 | -1 | 31 |

6th | |Tottenham | 19 | 8 | 6 | 5 | 26 | 18 | +8 | 30 |

7th | |Chelsea | 19 | 7 | 8 | 4 | 25 | 17 | +8 | 29 |

8th | |Everton | 19 | 8 | 5 | 6 | 27 | 23 | +4 | 29 |

9th | |Man City | 19 | 7 | 6 | 6 | 24 | 22 | +2 | 27 |

10th| |Blackburn | 19 | 6 | 8 | 5 | 16 | 19 | -3 | 26 |

11th| |Portsmouth | 19 | 6 | 7 | 6 | 30 | 27 | +3 | 25 |

12th| |Aston Villa | 19 | 6 | 6 | 7 | 26 | 25 | +1 | 24 |

13th| |Bolton | 19 | 6 | 5 | 8 | 18 | 26 | -8 | 23 |

14th| |Leicester | 19 | 6 | 4 | 9 | 24 | 30 | -6 | 22 |

15th| |Newcastle | 19 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 19 | 26 | -7 | 21 |

16th| |Leeds | 19 | 5 | 5 | 9 | 25 | 37 | -12 | 20 |

17th| |Fulham | 19 | 5 | 4 | 10 | 20 | 36 | -16 | 19 |

18th| |Birmingham | 19 | 3 | 7 | 9 | 17 | 24 | -7 | 16 |

19th| |Charlton | 19 | 2 | 7 | 10 | 14 | 30 | -16 | 13 |

20th| |Wolves | 19 | 4 | 1 | 14 | 18 | 40 | -22 | 13 |

</pre>

A great half to the season has put me in great stead to carry on my assualt for the Championship. With the other teams not performing i hope i can increase my lead at the top

\o/\o/ Table kind of worked icon_biggrin.gif

-----------------------------

Gilardino to up the standard

After I criticised Gilardino after his porr performances this is that he has to say.

At the the culb's training ground today, Manchester United striker Alberto Gilardino conceded to assembled journalists that his recent form had not been of the required standard.

Gilardino promised he would be doing his utmost to rectify the situation and hoped that manager Danny would keep fait in him during this somewaht patchy stage in his career

Could Keane be on his way?

After speculation in the summer over Roy Keanes future, it was last nght cast into even more doubt as Valencia came in with a bid of £5million for the ageing midfielder. Surely this could see the end to his fantastic Man Utd career.

Speaking to Sky sports News this is what manager Danny had to say:

'After speaking with Roy over the past weeks, he knows that he wont be gaurunteed first team football with the new signings coming into place, and at his age he needs first team football. I told him that it would be sad to see him go as he was loved by the entire Man Utd family.

Although Keane was a much needed player this offer was just too good to refuse as Roy is getting older and offers like this dont come around often. We have accepted the bid and now it is just up to Roy to negotiate a contract to take him away from the club.

If he does go we will be holding a testamonial for him against his former club, Cobh Ramblers. He will be sorely missed but i think it is time for him to try a new challenge.

Roy will be sadly missed

Roy keane made an emotional return to OT last night as we brought his new team Valencia back to OT for a testamonial after Cobh Ramblers were unavailable.

He was least off the pitch as he said his goodbyes to the Man Utd fans.

He returned to his new home in Valencia and Man Utd picked up a £5million cheque

World Awards

World Player of the Year:

1st - Roberto Fabian Ayala - Valencia

2nd - Roberto Carlos - Real Madrid

3rd - Lillian Thuram - Inter

-------

World Footballer of the Year:

1st - Santiago Canizares - Valencia

2nd - Fabio Cannavaro - Inter

3rd - Gianluca Zambrotaa - Juventus

--------

European Footballer of the Year:

1st - Rufete - Valencia

2nd - Ivan Ramiro Cordoba - Inter

3rd - Estaban Cambiasso - Real Madrid

--------

European Goalkeeper of the Year:

1st - Gianluigi Buffon - Juventus

2nd - Francesco Toldo - Inter

3rd - Iker Casillas - Real Madrid

---------

European Defender of the Year:

1st - Javier Zanetti - Inter

2nd - Nicola Legrottaglie - Juventus

3rd - Santiago Hernam Solari - Real Madrid

---------

European Midfielder of the Year:

1st - Andy van der Meyde - Inter

2nd - Mista - Valencia

3rd - Mauro german Camaronesi - Juventus

---------

European Striker of the Year:

1st - Alvaro Recoba - Inter

2nd - Claudio Lopez - Lazio

3rd - Thierry Henry - Arsenal

</pre>

Italian clubs almost dominated the awards this year, but i am hoping for some of my players next year if we play well enough.

FA Cup 3rd Round: Sheff Utd 1-3 Man Utd

I put out a less strenght team this afternoon as i was giving my stars abit of a rest.

Artete sent us into the lead on 20 minutes after some frustrating times beforehand.

It took 5 minutes to go 2-0 as Toledo scored a fabulous goal.

Second Half

The second half started slow with Sheff utd doing all the work. We just sat back and let them come onto us.

They snatched a goal back on 83 minutes from Steve kabba, but Solskjaer finished off the match 2 minutes later to make it 2-1.

Full-time

A good win saw us go safely through to the 4th Round.

Man Utd 2 - 0 Leeds

We met arch rivals in another fiery match today as we looked to go further up the table in points.

Roncatto was on from once more ashe scored within 6 minutes.

Guarin got brought off injured after a bad challenge from leeds.

Second Half

Roncatto finished off the match on 55 minutes when he scored his second of the match.

Full-Time

A great win against our arch rivals.

New transfer arrives

I made the signing of brazilian wonderkid Jo from Corinthians for a fee of £400k as he is only 16 and must have to pay a little compensation. He is one for the future.

tottenham 1 - 3 Man Utd

We kept to our winning ways today against spurs and a great match it was.

It took until the 45th minute for us to take the lead as it looked like Gilardino was trying so silence critics.

Second Half

Within minutes and Guarin got pulled down in the area. The referee gave a penalt and up stepped Guarin. He slotted the ball home and took us 2-0 up.

Tottenham got 1 goal back from Ziege on 66 minutes.

Ronaldo finished them off on 85 minutes after a mazey run.

Full time

Another great win saw the title come even closer for us.

Wolves 0-2 Man Utd

I put Jo straight into the first XI and paired him with fellow countryman Roncatto. This partnership was just a test to see if they would work together.

Unfortuantely Jo couldnt keep up with the pace so at half-time i brough him off for Nistelrooy. This change instantly brought Roncatto to life. 78 minutes gone and he scores his first of the match.

2 minutes later and he wraps up the victory. A great team goal that has sealed the win.

Man Utd 2-1 Fulham

Another win and another 3 points. A good game from all of my players saw us over come Fulham, but with a price.

Louis Saha scored for fulham on 37 minutes and i thought we were going to lose.

Second half

After a stern team talk at half time i told my players tp up the ante and get performing. They must of listened when in the 54th minute Guarin scored a fantastic goal from the esge of the area. At 17 years of age he is taking the EPL by storm.

75 minutes gone and new 16 year old signing Jo gets his first goal for the club. This was a great time for him to score as he is trying to settle in to life in England.

Victory tarnished by sending off

Our victory over Fulham was tarnished as Slivestre was sent off for a meaningless tackle. He stuck out his leg and brought Williams down and the ref gave him a straight red. I would be appealing this ban.

Full Time

A good win besides getting my 3rd red card of the season.

FA Cup 4th round draw

D1 Cardiff V Nottm Forest D1

PRM Fulham V Sheff Utd D2

D3 Bristol Rovers V Blackpool D2

D3 Boston Utd V Bristol City D2

PRM Middlesbrough V Burnley D1

PRM Birmingham V Crystal Palace D1

PRM Bolton V Blackburn PRM

PRM Man Utd V York D3

D2 Peterborough V Reading D1

D1 Wimbledon V Chelsea PRM