Selling players

Depends on the player and their wage and a whole host of other things, for example my save at Sunderland, I have tried selling Jack "the curse" Rodwell every season since taking over to no result. I have set him to not needed and listed him and offered him out for £0 but no one wants him, this is because he has had so many injuries he is now a decent league 1 player yet he is on EPL wages so naturally the clubs at the level to want him cant afford his wage demands. An extreme example but it does highlight the biggest issue which is wages, if you are trying to sell a player odds are its because they are no good to you and you are therefore trying to get them to drop down and they will obviously not be too keen on a wage drop so smaller clubs that would take them can be priced out. Try offering them out on loan with a future fee or optional future fee clause in and what the club you loan them too is willing to pay in wages hints at what they could afford to pay that player. For example all the clubs that wanted to loan Rodwell offered 20% at most but most of them only offered 10% because at the level he is good for he is wildly overpaid,

17 minutes ago, nimmospurs said:

im middlesbrough first season and tried everything even let my director or football try and sell them maybe its a bug or something

Lets start at the beginning:

A) Database size & number of leagues loaded - Have you flooded the market with too many players for the number of teams.  If so teams aren't going to buy your players when they can get better ones for free.

B) Have you got it set so teams have no budget in the first couple of windows?  If teams don't have budgets they can't buy your players.

C) Know your market - Which teams would the player move to?  Can they afford the fee?  Can they afford the wages?  Does the player even want to move?

It also takes time to move players on, IRL you can't just walk in and sell players.  FM reflects this and it has to be done the right way.

In addition to what has been said, transfer activity in the first season will always be a bit slower. Remember that the database includes the transfers from real life, so clubs won't have much to spend.

8 hours ago, nimmospurs said:

im middlesbrough first season and tried everything even let my director or football try and sell them maybe its a bug or something

I'd imagine that the players you are looking to sell will generally only be of interest to clubs at the lower end of the Championship & more likely L1 or below, how much money do you think is avaialble to the clubs that would be interested in those players & how likely do you think it will be that the players would want to drop down to a lower level that will probably come with a lower value contract?

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

transfer activity in the first season will always be a bit slower.

This is absolutely true. 

When I manage Liverpool I want to sell half the squad but you only really get interest in one or two at game start. Occasionally I'll holiday the first season and take over in June 2017 only to start being bombarded by offers for practically the entire squad :D 
There's a massive difference in interest from other teams between June/July 2016 and June/July 2017.

I tend to work on it with my DOF to get him to sell players I don't want.  Go into the players transfer section of his profile and see if any teams are interested in him.  If so sell him directly to those teams.  

Are you playing the player at all? keeping players on the bench also affects advertisement.  I had to spend a whole good season and a bit to sell some of my players.  Look at mourino his doing the same cutting the fat off the team per transfer Window.  It will take time to get rid off the ugly.

Also if he is in the last year of his contract I bet you buck other teams are waiting in the shadows so you can do a mistake and let him go free.  Be careful on that one.

Archived