The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the Youth Cup final at Hampden this year yes? It's on Wednesday 23rd April, and if we beat Celtic tonight at Pittodrie we'll meet your lot in the final.

Just wondering so that I can sort out trying to get there should we win tonight.

Should be a decent game tonight, hoping to make up for Saturday.

Originally posted by FrazT:

Talking of tacklers- anyone remember Tery Hurlock??

\o/ bit of a coincidence, i was talking to a mate whos a rangers fan about him today.

i was only about 7 or 8 at the time he played but i remember him being a hard b******

had crap hair though, something of a Brian May going on if I remember correctly icon_biggrin.gif

interestingly my only real memory of him was being part of 3 Rangers players being sent off in a Scottish Cup tie which Celtic won 2-0 at Parkhead, I remember the ref was Andrew Waddle as well, a knob of the highest order

Originally posted by TM:

had crap hair though, something of a Brian May going on if I remember correctly icon_biggrin.gif

interestingly my only real memory of him was being part of 3 Rangers players being sent off in a Scottish Cup tie which Celtic won 2-0 at Parkhead, I remember the ref was Andrew Waddle as well, a knob of the highest order

Hurlock, Hateley and ?

I went for King Carlos and Isa Bagci, Bagci has played well for the under 19's this season.

Oh and on the under 19 thing, They played Dundee Utd today and won 3-0, only need a point to clinch the u19 title for the second season running.

Things are looking good on the youngster side of things, and I thought Celtic had the top young players in the country icon_wink.gif

Well done lads.

Please please please please please please please pretty please let Rino come home. Hopefully money isn't a determining factor in his next move. If Milan sell him, as I suspect there are more important people to replace (Maldini, Costacurta, Inzaghi, Sylvinho, Cafu, Dida/Kalac amongst others).

Originally posted by FrazT:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

Hurlock, Hateley and ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Walters I think

Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I went for King Carlos and Isa Bagci, Bagci has played well for the under 19's this season.

Same here! Bagci looks like he might have some potential. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no Fleck? icon_eek.gif

Originally posted by Caleyjag:

I'd imagine he'd want to do a couple of years in the Premiership before he'd even consider coming back to Glasgow icon_frown.gif

Not so sure about that - he's won it all with AC - would 2 or 3 years at a Newcastle or Blackburn really be preferable to being re-united with Smith and McCoist, playing Champions League football, and being close to the wife's family?

Originally posted by GingerFurball:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Caleyjag:

I'd imagine he'd want to do a couple of years in the Premiership before he'd even consider coming back to Glasgow icon_frown.gif

Not so sure about that - he's won it all with AC - would 2 or 3 years at a Newcastle or Blackburn really be preferable to being re-united with Smith and McCoist, playing Champions League football, and being close to the wife's family? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, depends on his motivation. A nice pay day or a chance to go back to Ally and Walter.

Originally posted by GingerFurball:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Right folks.... Rangers player wins POTY, Said Rangers player announces he wants to 'Stay for life'.....

What happens next? icon_wink.gif

Newcastle bid £20m, Cuellar tells them to **** off. Murray forces him out of the club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forgot a bit.

The full list of awards:

Player of the Season - Carlos Cuellar (Rangers)

Manager of the Season - Walter Smith (Rangers)

Young Player of the Season - Aiden McGeady (Celtic)

Goal of the Season - Willo Flood (Dundee United)

Under-19 League Player of the Season - Scott Anson (Kilmarnock)

Best Club Media Relations - Kilmarnock

Best Fan Initiative - Heart of Midlothian

Best Matchday Hospitality Package - Rangers

Best Community Initiative - Falkirk

Best Away Ground - Tynecastle Stadium (Heart of Midlothian)

Originally posted by jimbo22:

All hail the king.

Well done King Carlos. Was the only decision for the PotY award. No player came close to him this season (as Fraser Wishart confirmed about the vote)

Infact this isn't the players player award.

So the Wishart thing isnt for this, although it should be the same outcome.

Well done Walter and Carlos on winning the sponsors awards last night. icon14.gif

Cuellar has been player of the year by a clear distance and while McGeady has done well, he, and McDonald for that matter, have not done enough to be voted ahead of the Spaniard. Hopefully that will be shown in the other awards announced soon.

However, these issues are just the side-dishes to the main course which will be decided over the coming weeks. Winning the SPL title is the real prize and that's the one that matters. Let's hope we can take a giant step towards it by getting a positive result at Parkhead.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Right folks.... Rangers player wins POTY, Said Rangers player announces he wants to 'Stay for life'.....

What happens next? icon_wink.gif

Was reading that today on my flight back. Made good reading and from the quotes he sounded delighted to be here and is really enjoying life at Rangers.

So Walter Smith wins the Clydesdale Bank PremierLeague Manager of the Year... so if he loses the league from now he's the best manager in the SPL.

As I know*, the CIS Cup, Scottish Cup and UEFA Cup mean nothing for the running of this award.... hmmm...

*Well in a perfect world...

• SI Staff

I see Samaras and Donati have just given us all the motivation we need for the rest of the season.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2008/04/16/samaras-a...opes-86908-20384566/

CELTIC pair Georgios Samaras and Massimo Donati launched a two-pronged attack on Rangers last night by branding Walter Smith's side long-ball merchants who have NO CHANCE of reaching the UEFA Cup Final.

No chance icon_biggrin.gif

Archived