The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Originally posted by TM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">well one was wearing red and I'm exhonorating McGregor on compassionate ground.

does that mean that McGregor has got 5 clean sheets against them as he wasn't the keeper to get beaten? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm he lost the first goal.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff

We were poor tonight, especially in the first half. I can't really remember many chances apart from the one where JCD's boot came off and the one where Novo scored.

Celtic setup well against us. They didn't really have any defensive midfielders because they didn't need to. We had very little attacking threat apart from JCD who was left up front on his own.

It was a bit better in the second half but still not good enough.

Cuellar is going to miss our next league game (currently against Celtic) and if David Weir was sent for violent conduct then he'll miss the game against St Johnstone. I wonder if we can get a game scheduled against St Mirren or Motherwell before the next OF game.

It's back on!

• SI Staff
Originally posted by sav112:

Thats me just getting the score now....We were down to 10 icon_rolleyes.gif, what a poor way to end the game.

not saying the draw was on with 11 but i'm sure we would have!

If you didn't even watch the game then how can you possibly comment on it? FFS

• SI Staff
Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Hmm how can red card suspensions carry over into the cup in one instance and not in another?

Serious question btw icon_biggrin.gif

Violent conduct cards are different to standard ones. Violent conduct will miss a match in any domestic competition.

Other reds (two yellows, professional foul, deliberate handball) will only apply to the next league game or match in that competition.

Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Hmm how can red card suspensions carry over into the cup in one instance and not in another?

Serious question btw icon_biggrin.gif

Violent conduct cards are different to standard ones. Violent conduct will miss a match in any domestic competition.

Other reds (two yellows, professional foul, deliberate handball) will only apply to the next league game or match in that competition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah right, cheers icon14.gif

• SI Staff
Carlos did what he felt he had to do, you can't really blame him for that but exactly why players have to get involved in crap after the game is beyond me

When the pen was saved I agreed but when we lost the match it didn't matter and we could have done with him in the next game.

Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Carlos did what he felt he had to do, you can't really blame him for that but exactly why players have to get involved in crap after the game is beyond me

When the pen was saved I agreed but when we lost the match it didn't matter and we could have done with him in the next game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True. But he made a decision knowing the consequences, I'd probably have done the same, it's an instinctive move really.

Makes it more interesting though without a defence.

• SI Staff
I can't off the top of my head recall Novo's red card totally but I believe it was a straight red for a dangerous tackle.

Was that against Hibs? Was a two footed challenge and he got a straight red.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/7287275.stm

Nacho Novo will miss Sunday's CIS Insurance Cup final against Dundee United after his weekend red card.

The Spanish forward was sent off for a reckless lunge at Hibs defender Thierry Gathuessi during Rangers' Scottish Cup replay win at Ibrox.

And a dismissal for serious foul play rules a player out of the next game in any competition.

Originally posted by Stephen Wilson:

Found it

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~1281306,00.html

2 match suspension, started tonight, so he misses the next OF game aswell it appears.

Wonder if the SPL will hastily arrange the St Mirren away for Monday before Fiorentina icon_wink.gif

Nah, were just gonna draw against St Johnstone this weekend to get the next OF game postponed icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Don't think there's any point in throwing in the towel at this point. We can afford to lose the next OF game and they would still be reliant on Celtic winning every other match and us losing two, which seems a bit remote to me atm.

They'll take heart from tonight, but there's plenty of areas we can look at where they did very little. They had the bulk of possession, as expected, but created little of substance over the 90 mins and hopefully, with Cousin and Novo starting next time, we can ask a few more questions of their back four earlier on.

Also, other than the odd, usual imbecile, thought both sets of fans were excellent tonight. What an atmosphere!

Hard defeat to take especially after what turned out to be a heroic performance.

Celtic deserved it probably, but we also deserved the draw.

Oh, and that Referee performance must put an end to concpiracy theories once and for all.

Clarke bottled it from sending Robson off.

5 mins extra time. icon13.gif

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stephen Wilson:

Found it

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~1281306,00.html

2 match suspension, started tonight, so he misses the next OF game aswell it appears.

Wonder if the SPL will hastily arrange the St Mirren away for Monday before Fiorentina icon_wink.gif

Nah, were just gonna draw against St Johnstone this weekend to get the next OF game postponed icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no replays in Scottish Cup from the Semi Final stage, played to a finish icon_wink.gif

and like the SFA would help us icon14.gif probably rubbing their hands with glee at events tonight (well apart from the head possibly)

No complaints about anything tonight eh lads? Let's leave that to the professionals in the other thread. We were (narrowly!) beaten tonight, we cannot win every game, but there's plenty to be positive about. A championship is a season, not one game.

Originally posted by Jeebs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">5 mins extra time.

McGregor was sat on his arse injured for ages. 5 mins was correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On reflection your probably right, but 5 mins still seemed excessive.

On the other hand i think Celtic scored in 3 mins 30 seconds of stoppage time. So fare enough.

Still Robson shoud have walked. Furthermore however, we should have played better. Only have ourselves to blame.

Actually raging that Caldwell is meant to have gotten a red card. We need him for the title run in!!!!

not really complaining about anything, Celtic were much more hungry and although it took them time and certain conditions to do it, they got a deserved win

I'm more worried about the health of our goalkeeper though, please be aright big man icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by TM:

no replays in Scottish Cup from the Semi Final stage, played to a finish icon_wink.gif

and like the SFA would help us icon14.gif probably rubbing their hands with glee at events tonight (well apart from the head possibly)

Is that right, how long has that been the case?

Originally posted by TM:

not really complaining about anything, Celtic were much more hungry and although it took them time and certain conditions to do it, they got a deserved win

I'm more worried about the health of our goalkeeper though, please be aright big man icon_frown.gif

what conditions is that?

Originally posted by tony_cfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

what conditions is that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have a guess at our keeper being taken off injured and our best player sent off.

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tony_cfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

I would have a guess at our keeper being taken off injured and our best player sent off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if he doesn't cheat and handle the ball then we go 2-1 ahead icon_confused.gif

That performance could give the lads the kick up the arse we've been needing. Just shows we're not invincible and hopefully WS and AMc see that Lee McCulloch shouldn't be allowed near Ibrox never mind the starting XI. He has been totally anonymous for about 4 months now. I'm getting sick of sick of saying he's our worst player after every match. His "physical threat" is BS as he's never near the ball enough. I'd take Naismith or even Burke over him. He is that bad............

Originally posted by tony_cfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tony_cfc:

I would have a guess at our keeper being taken off injured and our best player sent off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if he doesn't cheat and handle the ball then we go 2-1 ahead icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grow up. Any player would do the same, typical rot from you really, a poor loser and even poorer winner. Gettin as bad as holymong tbh.

Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

That performance could give the lads the kick up the arse we've been needing. Just shows we're not invincible and hopefully WS and AMc see that Lee McCulloch shouldn't be allowed near Ibrox never mind the starting XI. He has been totally anonymous for about 4 months now. I'm getting sick of sick of saying he's our worst player after every match. His "physical threat" is BS as he's never near the ball enough. I'd take Naismith or even Burke over him. He is that bad............

His physical threat when he 'ducks' challenges looking to win free kicks but 95% of the time is giving them away. His disgraceful behaviour in Lisbon when he assualted that keeper, then winks at the bench on the way back up the field. The guys is a disgrace to the jersey.

• SI Staff

I wish Beasley was fit. McCulloch hasn't done anything of note since his goal against Lyon and screamer against Aberdeen. If he has, then I've forgotten about it.

OH! He scored twice against East Stirlingshire!

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

if he doesn't cheat and handle the ball then we go 2-1 ahead icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grow up. Any player would do the same, typical rot from you really, a poor loser and even poorer winner. Gettin as bad as holymong tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how am i a poor winner icon_biggrin.gif, your the one giving us no credit for winning.

im not disagreeing with what he done, i only have a problem with you saying that we only one due to 'certain conditions', we were by far the better team.

how am i a poor winner Big Grin, your the one giving us no credit for winning.

im not disagreeing with what he done, i only have a problem with you saying that we only one due to 'certain conditions', we were by far the better team.

Yet again failing to read Tony? I've said in quite a few places you deserved to win, keep up. And you'll find that the last bit is simply untrue, read again.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">how am i a poor winner Big Grin, your the one giving us no credit for winning.

Yet again failing to read Tony? I've said in quite a few places you deserved to win, keep up. And you'll find that the last bit is simply untrue, read again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well to me saying we only won under certain conditions is just wrong.

we were the better side and were the only team who even looked as they wanted to win the game, thats why we won

Archived