The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Haz:

I feel kind of obliged to make a pessimistic prediction as per the last couple of rounds - superstition and all that, so here goes...

oh dear, we're gonnae get pumped icon_frown.gif

Phew- for a minute I thought you were going to predict a victory. icon_smile.gif

Predictable team, Walter is nothing if not loyal. Should have brought in Dailly for the fud that is Hemdani or for Broadfeet. Would still have started with Cousin, Ferguson is going to have to get the finger out his arse and really offer support to JCD if we are to have any chance.

Terrific result for Zenit tonight ( 4-0 ) with a team full of unknowns against a team that read as a who's who of European football. The Little General has ceratinly got them going altho I see that Ricksen wasnt playing- maybe that is why of course!.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Well thats the first half of the Final lined up.

C'mon us joining Wee Dick and Fernando in Manchester icon_mad.gif

Btw I'm pretty sure the Russian crowd were shouting 'Wee Dick, Wee Dick'

Yeah they were chanting towards Khan....

Would like to see Cousin come on, reckon he can cause some problems for them and he is always willing to have a crack from distance, when Frey has had little to do those are the sort of shots which can cause trouble

pretty much similar to what we saw in Lisbon, apart from a better attacking team. Not similar to Bremen though, Fiorentina are playing the way I expected - wary of us snatching that vital away goal, but also attacking to get the goals themselves.

Be interesting to see how they start in the 2nd, we'll just play the same. Although I'd like to see less high balls to JCD as he's quite small and is getting nothing out of Ujfalusi. Kept posession well (did I notice the graphic saying we had more possession at a time in that first half?) icon_biggrin.gif

(did I notice the graphic saying we had more possession at a time in that first half?)

Amazingly yes.

I thought we started quite well, drifted out a bit and it looked as if Fiore were sure to score at one point but we weathered that we storm. Some good performances so far, Cuellar and Weir outstanding, Kevin Thomson has done well. Would like to see more support for JCD, he showed in the first leg he can turn this side but he does need the support.

Can't really think of anyone to have a go at, couple of dodgy moments from Alexander and Hemdani almost gave it away at the end there. But thats it. Just keep plugging away and see how it goes really.

I thought, when Ferguson missed that was it all over. Can't wait for the Final, think it will be much different game and because the teams have different styles it will be our toughest match yet.

\o/

I meant of course similar styles icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by matty_8:

by a mile, greatest moment of my life so far

will probably only be that if we win the final - but my god it's up there icon_biggrin.gif

I seriously cannot believe we are in a European final, this is just absolutely stunning icon_cool.gif Cousin can gtf by the way, he was lucky the ref was a bit patient with him but doing what he did was inexcuseable icon13.gif

thank god the other lads were able to get through ET and then the pens strike again - Alexander doing it again, thought Vieri would miss or have his saved tbh and wee Nacho getting the winner icon14.gif

Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Get the f in \o/

I was screaming like I was a rangers fan tonight. Fair play, brilliant performance.

Please don't ruin Manchester though, I have to live in it icon_frown.gif

Is it not already a hole? icon_biggrin.gif

\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

Wish I ahd won tickets in the ballot. Will probably go to Manchester to watch anyhow.

'Mon the Quad icon_mad.gif

Thats the yahoos going mental on Clyde.

First caller..... I'm embarrassed to be Scottish, When ra sellic got to the final they hammered the teams they played.

Get it right up you, I hope your hurting so so badly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hairy Coo:

wp you lot

So you'll be baring your arse at Hampden then icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll carry out this forfeit the next time Killie get to a Hampden Final ( ie 2364 )

Archived