The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Originally posted by jimbo22:

Thats the yahoos going mental on Clyde.

First caller..... I'm embarrassed to be Scottish, When ra sellic got to the final they hammered the teams they played.

Get it right up you, I hope your hurting so so badly.

Its not Stan Petrov of this board is it? His posts were the rantings of a bitter wee man all night icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyJ:

Much will Cuellar leave for in the summer then? icon_frown.gif

if he does leave, I hope it's to a good club and not Newcastle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he could play for a big 4 in England, although I don't think any need a CB? Probably end up at Spurs

Originally posted by AndyJ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyJ:

Much will Cuellar leave for in the summer then? icon_frown.gif

if he does leave, I hope it's to a good club and not Newcastle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he could play for a big 4 in England, although I don't think any need a CB? Probably end up at Spurs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if rumours are anything to go by, they'll be taking our GK as well icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

And since we won, I'll say what I was dying to post all night - that referee was an utter ****ing disgrace.

We won despite him, he was almost worse than Craig Thompson

And since we won, I'll say what I was dying to post all night - that referee was an utter ****ing disgrace.

Thought he had a decent first half, not many decisions to make, but he went to pot in the second half. It was night and day the difference between the two half's.

Originally posted by Vidmar14:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

We won despite him, he was almost worse than Craig Thompson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After me defending Euro refs we finally get a stonker, had to happen. Also thought the ref in the Zenit match was a joke, kept giving everything Bayern's way. (Sure it was the bloke that reffed us at Ibrox against Barca.

Ok hands up, who was in tears as the end? I said it would end in tears icon_wink.gif

I couldn't believe when he called the ball back after the Fiore player had a shot, that was unbelievable icon_biggrin.gif

anyway as I've calmed down a wee bit, some thoughts:

Alexander didn't really have a lot to do if I'm honest, but that's because Cuellar and Weir (but mostly Carlos) were immense again, Papac was brilliant as well and even Broadfoot did his job, apart from stupid foul throws. I think Barry and Hemdani were told to man mark Liverani and Montolivio and it worked, great plan from Walter icon14.gif

Davis and Whittaker looked solid enough, had some problems but seemed aright and Thomson was his usual self, unlucky to get a yellow as the tackle he made was his first (that one before, he won the ball)

upfront practically nothing, which isn't a change from usual European nights. JCD tried his best but nothing was sticking and he wasn't getting good service. Cousin was against it from the start as the ref yellow carded him for a nothing foul, then he started getting caught time and time again and I thought it was only a matter of time - unfortunately to do what he did was just stupid. Hopefully a fine for that one and missing the Final is what he deserves, absolute idiocy.

When it went to pens I was confident we'd at least score some, but my stomach did churn when Barry missed the first. However Alexander was able to save Liverani's pen which was pretty much telegraphed icon_cool.gif and then the wee man getting the winner after Vieri's expected miss icon14.gif

Zenit will be difficult, but they look similar to teams we've played who have passed the ball about. They are going to be without the top scorer in the tournament, but it depends on how we play in the Final. Even if it turns out like Celtic's in 2003, we can all be proud of this European season as this has just been a rollercoaster ride from August to May and we are still on it icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Vidmar14:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

We won despite him, he was almost worse than Craig Thompson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's the same ref who sent Matterazi off vs Liverpool. Now that was ridiculous icon_biggrin.gif

meh, i can be bitter all i want, but i just keep remembering the feeling i had 5 years ago (5 years ago) against Boavista, and you guys are obviously feeling the exact same.

can still hope that you suffer such a crushing blow at the end of it all though.

Originally posted by Jeebs:

meh, i can be bitter all i want, but i just keep remembering the feeling i had 5 years ago (5 years ago icon_eek.gif) against Boavista, and you guys are obviously feeling the exact same.

can still hope that you suffer such a crushing blow at the end of it all though.

Just want to give special praise to a man who has been outstanding all season and goes along unoticed alot. Step forward Sasa Papac

You sir have been outstanding, consistant and a very important part in our back 4. Now give us a winning goal in the final to top of a great season for you icon_biggrin.gif

What penalty not given to Fiorentina? Honestly can't remember any incident?

Some game. Far too defensive really and I am astonished that we managed to hold out. However, the whole team deserve immense credit for their discipline, hard work and fantastic self-belief. Thought the referee was overly fussy and did us no favours but we got on with it even when Cousin let himself and the team down with his selfish attitude.

Obviously we invited loads of pressure but Fiore only had 3 shots on target (same as us) and were restricted them to long shots in the main. When they did create danger, as usual our defence was quite simply outstanding. Broadfoot is a continual target for the boo-boys but what a game he had! Papac on the left was as calm as I've seen a Rangers player in Europe. Weir defied his years and groin injury to win almost every header that came his way. Alexander was unflappable behind them.

Cuellar? Well this lad really is something else. If we do manage to win any more trophies this year (and that's FAR from certain) this guy should be given the freedom of Glasgow for his towering displays, amazing spirit and obvious enjoyment of just playing football.

A word for the management team as well. Smith wasn't the choice of many bears (including myself) but he's done exactly what he needed to do - steady the ship, turn it around and bring success back to the club.

A renaissance in Florence indeed. Even if we manage to win nothing else this season.

icon_cool.gif

upfront practically nothing, which isn't a change from usual European nights. JCD tried his best but nothing was sticking and he wasn't getting good service. Cousin was against it from the start as the ref yellow carded him for a nothing foul, then he started getting caught time and time again and I thought it was only a matter of time - unfortunately to do what he did was just stupid. Hopefully a fine for that one and missing the Final is what he deserves, absolute idiocy.

I don't mind players getting sent of in the midst of a cauldron, or when it's 'taking one for the team'. What Cousin did was as an utter joke, and absolute disgrace. He let the team down, and Walter better fine him at least a years wages.

You know for all their possession, and having superb forwards that would make you drool - did Alexander actually have a save to make?

I never thought that we'd ever get to a European final again, and now we're there, well I don't really care what happens. Can we win it? Well Zenit are indeed a quality side, and I think they will be tougher because they play a similar style to us with the 4-5-1 but then that might also work in our favour. Bah who cares, we've made it \o/

Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Just want to give special praise to a man who has been outstanding all season and goes along unoticed alot. Step forward Sasa Papac

You sir have been outstanding, consistant and a very important part in our back 4. Now give us a winning goal in the final to top of a great season for you icon_biggrin.gif

omg PLG helped in this run then!!

i knew he would have done at least one thing right

You know for all their possession, and having superb forwards that would make you drool - did Alexander actually have a save to make?

apart from the Mutu FK, I'm searching to find a shot he had to save

Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Ssshhh. Pipe down. Don't you know 'he's simply not good enough'. Was taking the kind of stick last year that Broadfoot's getting now playing out of position.

Originally posted by Jeebs:

meh, i can be bitter all i want, but i just keep remembering the feeling i had 5 years ago (5 years ago) against Boavista, and you guys are obviously feeling the exact same.

how bad is this crushing blow? Suicidal crushing?

Actually, don't think it was a penalty. Bit like the one against us on Sunday. Was in the last minute of normal time.

But yeah, can wish that you get pumped all i want, just keep remembering how gutted i was after Seville. If you lose on pens or in the last minute of ET after outplaying Zenit, then yeah, i'll be happy, but would rather you lost like middlesborough did, rather than lose in a really really gutting way. can't end up feeling sorry for you. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by stabwest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy "Muzza" Murray:

Can't believe it icon_biggrin.gif

I want to go to Manchester

just all meet up, and take over a pub icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Manchester will be full of that icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by ibroxhero:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Ssshhh. Pipe down. Don't you know 'he's simply not good enough'. Was taking the kind of stick last year that Broadfoot's getting now playing out of position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tbf Papac is a much better player than Broadfoot will ever be. Fair play to Kirk tonight, he as always ran his heart out but he'll never be good enough if we're really being serious.

Kirk Broadfoot with a UEFA Cup medal icon_biggrin.gif

I'm looking forward to reading all the bitter Fiorentina players comments tomorrow. Uljasi or whatever he is called really is an arse.

My opinion of Mutu went up a lot. Didn't go down in the box a couple of times when he might, and most importantly didn't score icon14.gif

Kirk Broadfoot with a UEFA Cup medal Big Grin

I'm more wondering about the idea of Faye if he got one for being part of the squad icon_eek.gif

and apparently Ujfalusi shook the hand of all the Rangers players/officials as they came off the pitch, he might have been trying to get players sent off on it, but that's a nice touch seeing as he was probably bitterly disappointed icon14.gif

Have it!

Fiore will fell hard done by given their territorial advantage but not once over the two legs did they really put us under serious pressure.

The Czech lad is a great player. Very physical, quick and good on the ball. The other fella was pretty good as well.

Originally posted by TM:

Ujfalusi shook the hand of all the Rangers players/officials as they came off the pitch, he might have been trying to get players sent off on it, but that's a nice touch seeing as he was probably bitterly disappointed icon14.gif

Great player, and good to see I can still like him. Hopefully whispered in a few ears that he wants to play for us next season icon14.gif

Originally posted by TM:

Ujfalusi shook the hand of all the Rangers players/officials as they came off the pitch, he might have been trying to get players sent off on it, but that's a nice touch seeing as he was probably bitterly disappointed icon14.gif

Heh, putting words in your mouth icon_biggrin.gif

Great player, and good to see I can still like him. Hopefully whispered in a few ears that he wants to play for us next season icon14.gif

Originally posted by Andy "Muzza" Murray:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy "Muzza" Murray:

Can't believe it icon_biggrin.gif

I want to go to Manchester

just all meet up, and take over a pub icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Manchester will be full of that icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No way im going to be able to get a ticket, but Manchester pubs here i come

I like Fiore, they are my favourite Italian club. Their players must be so gutted - wonder how Amo feels right now after sitting on the fence icon_biggrin.gif

But still, someone had to lose and I'm just glad it was them!

He was on Clyde earlier, and it was said hat he had a huge smile on his face and the big man sounded happy.

Actually feel a bit sorry for Cousin missing the final despite his stupidity. He played his part in earlier games.

He's an arse!!

Thinks he' to good to be there, final or not

Originally posted by coisty:

Actually feel a bit sorry for Cousin missing the final despite his stupidity. He played his part in earlier games.

He's an arse!!

The other player made a meal of it tbh from what ive just seen hardly any contact

Thinks he' to good to be there, final or not </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived