The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Originally posted by that's life:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by coisty:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyJ:

Actually feel a bit sorry for Cousin missing the final despite his stupidity. He played his part in earlier games.

He's an arse!!

Thinks he' to good to be there, final or not </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The other player made a meal of it tbh from what ive just seen hardly any contact

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Fiorentina coach Cesare Prandelli said Rangers did not deserve to reach the Uefa Cup final.

"We have to accept it," he said after his side were knocked out on penalties. "It has been a beautiful night and it could have ended better for us.

"I have to thank my players, who kept on fighting until the last minute.

"A team that has renounced to play has won, football is like this. Football sometimes awards teams that don't deserve it."

Ohhhh boo hooo you had 210 minutes to score and beat us and you failed.

Prandelli can bugger off, his team played similar away to Everton in an earlier round of the Cup and should have gone out then icon14.gif

we don't have the team to thrill people, it's unfortunate but the system we have is playing to our strengths. It's called "clever football" if not pretty.

Like I said earlier in the Fiorentina/Rangers thread, Messi is probably quite chuffed with his medal haul with the brand of "football" that Barca play this year isn't he icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by TM:

Messi is probably quite chuffed with his medal haul with the brand of "football" that Barca play this year isn't he icon_cool.gif

Said exactly the same thing to my dad during the game icon_biggrin.gif

I've got to search for the different ITV region to watch the game now, ITV4 not showing it icon_frown.gif

think the Skybox still allows you to get different ITV regions doesn't it? by searching through the frequency

At the end of the day, the sour grapes from all around just make it all the sweeter. Prandelli's team were so ****ing brilliant that they couldn't even score against us, so how the hell do they deserve anything? Greetin faced gits like him are what ruin football.

All credit to Smith and the players for taking a team of clubs players and making them into a good TEAM who play their strenghts to the maximum. Not pretty, but hey, who cares because there are no descriptuions of how teams play in the record books.

Lets have the league title now with all focus on Easter Road.

Woke up this morning, feeling fine. There's something special on my mind .........

Totally shocking that we didn't just lie down and let moaning git Prandelli's team win though, they so deserved it after all icon_rolleyes.gif

But anyway, that's their problem and the record books will show that Rangers are in the 2008 UEFA Cup Final icon_biggrin.gif

how are people getting tickets then? Surely eBay is out of the question, viagogo don't do them.

I take it the only option now is getting some off people you know?

No chance of an extra allocation getting sold out of the UEFA allocation?

Originally posted by maukey:

how are people getting tickets then? Surely eBay is out of the question, viagogo don't do them.

There may be more made available depending on certain circumstances but these will go to RFC travel club members.

Ebay and the like are you only options unless you're lucky enough to know someone. Obviously you might pick one up in Manchester but that won't be cheap.

I'm personally not bothered about a ticket anyway. Simply enjoying the occasion will be more than enough for me.

Originally posted by maukey:

Are there not a set amount of tickets set aside for the clubs? So I'd imagine season ticket holders would have a chance.

Originally posted by eldiego1984:

Wp the luckiest most undeserved european finalist in the history of sport for getting to the final... icon14.gif

Remember this guy from one of the earlier rounds but can't remember which team he supported? Anyone remind me?

Wp the luckiest most undeserved european finalist in the history of sport for getting to the final... icon14.gif

Undeserved? In what way exactly, considering we have actually WON our way there. Or do you simply not understand the basis of football. Being Greek, you have no right to call anyone's triumph undeserved after your nation fluked the Euro's.

Enjoy the sour grapes whilst we enjoy the UEFA Cup Final icon14.gif

Originally posted by Andy "Muzza" Murray:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eldiego1984:

Remember this guy from one of the earlier rounds but can't remember which team he supported? Anyone remind me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some crappy we side that didn't make the Final. (Panathinaikos, who played us off the park icon_rolleyes.gif)

icon_biggrin.gif I can remember us Greeks getting all defensive (oh the irony) when someone mentioned we didn't play the best football...

Now why that doesn't give me the right to call things as they are, i don't know.

If Smith could play a 9-1-0 tactic he would, fiorentina were on the attack 120 mins

Now why that doesn't give me the right to call things as they are, i don't know.

If Smith could play a 9-1-0 tactic he would, fiorentina were on the attack 120 mins

And how many goals did Fiorentina score? Our keeper had ONE save to make in that 120 minutes. Keep trying, one day you might learn that the games about.

I hate it when people say things like that. Rangers played to their strengths. Their players haven't got the ability to go all gung ho and play teams of the park, so what would've been the point in doing it?!

WP Rangers icon14.gif

Haahaha, IN THE HISTORY OF SPORT.

Undeserved on what basis? That we've beaten every team we've come up against?

Back to smashing plates mate, cos you know **** all about football.

Superb performances from Rangers all through the tournament, makes me proud to be a Scot. icon_smile.gif

However, I think Zenit will prove to be a much harder game than any team Rangers have played against. Sporting, Fiorentina et al don't play counter attacking football like Zenit do, and I've not seen a team as effective as Zenit at it for a long time.

With Arshavin and Sirl back it really will be tough too, albeit Pograbnyak's missing they can just bring in Tekke, who's a Turkish international striker and not too shabby either. Anyukov looks a special player and Papac will have to be at his best to cope. Good luck, you'll need it.

All the moaners can fo. You work with the players you have to get the results. Yeah you guys don't play the most attractive stuff but at the end of the day a club is run to win things, and you're in the final.

If Zenith played like they did last night they'll destroy you mind. But at least you are there and in with a chance.

I can't believe we made it! Still not sunk in yet!

Zenit is gonna be one tough tough game, but thats it done to just the one game, and anything can happen. Loads to worry about before that though, the small matter of getting the league back first!

How's the fixtures work now?

If Zenit have one weakness though, it's that they don't have a fit left back as Lombaerts is injured, and the guy who played there last night (Gorchkov) is not only a midfielder by nature, but he's 38 too. A bit like Davie Weir I guess. icon_smile.gif

They'll probably push Sirl back to left back when he returns from suspension though (left winger by nature). I would expect this team.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Malafaev

Anyukov Krizanac Shirokov Sirl

Tymoschyuk

Arshavin Fayzulin Denisov Zyrianov

Tekke

</pre>

Archived