The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Originally posted by YippeeKaeYay:

I think the prospect of an all-nighter in Manchester would be more viable with some kind of company as the chances are I'd be heading down on my lonesome.

We'd be like our ve own 'firm'.

"OTF OTF OTF"

If enough of us agree to meet up, then I will definately go, screw buying food. icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

George Burley has put his tuppence worth in I see...

Scotland manager George Burley has criticised the Scottish Premier League fixture list for failing to help Rangers ahead of the Uefa Cup final.

"I think it's ridiculous that I'm naming the squad and Rangers still have seven games to play," he said ahead of Scotland's game with Czech Republic.

"They are being punished for their success in reaching the Uefa Cup final.

"And it's something that the SPL and everyone in Scottish football has got to look at."

The SPL had delayed its final-day fixtures by four days after Rangers reached the Uefa Cup final.

But that still left Rangers facing four games in eight days as they chase the European trophy, the Scottish title and look to add the Scottish Cup to the CIS Insurance Cup they have already lifted this season.

Russia's football federation postponed Zenit St Petersburg's fixtures ahead of the 14 May showpiece in Manchester.

Meanwhile, a meeting between the Scottish Football Association and the SPL rejected Rangers' request for a further postponement - of Saturday's meeting with Dundee United.

"It shouldn't happen to any club and shouldn't happen again in Scottish football," said Burley.

"It has to be looked at in the fullness of time.

"Europe's changing with the Champions League and Uefa Cup. You've got to change with it."

• SI Staff

Believe it when I (hopefully don't) see it.

If he joins I won't be celebrating any goals he scores, even if it's the winner in next year's Champions League final that we'll obviously be participating in.

• SI Staff

I heard we'll only sign Miller if we can't get any of our other targets that we're going for in the Summer.

Maybe that will have changed now we've got to the UEFA Cup Final and got a little bit more money and might be able to attract a better quality of player.

Originally posted by Ter:

Believe it when I (hopefully don't) see it.

If he joins I won't be celebrating any goals he scores, even if it's the winner in next year's Champions League final that we'll obviously be participating in.

If he scores the winner in the CL final I think you'd smile icon_biggrin.gif

What's provoked such a venemous hate of Miller? (Apart from his inability to score goals)

Originally posted by Ter:

I heard we'll only sign Miller if we can't get any of our other targets that we're going for in the Summer.

Maybe that will have changed now we've got to the UEFA Cup Final and got a little bit more money and might be able to attract a better quality of player.

Yeah but will any quality players want to sign after seeing our style of play? icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff
What's provoked such a venemous hate of Miller? (Apart from his inability to score goals)

The fact that he joined them after playing for us and took great pleasure in scoring against us. Plus the fact that he's not very good. His only asset is his pace which he'll most likely be starting to lose soon.

Originally posted by AndyJ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

Yeah but will any quality players want to sign after seeing our style of play? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or would you want to sign any quality players after your success this year icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff
Miller is a better player than Darcheville for a start

I wouldn't agree with that at all.

is much more lively than lump of wood Cousin

I could be much more lively than Cousin, doesn't mean I'm a better option icon_biggrin.gif

surely you dont all despise him just because he played for Celtic

That and the fact I don't think he would improve our team.

would say JCD and Cousin are better than Miller and it's nothing to do with him being an ex Celtic player icon_biggrin.gif he practically has pace and can run about for 90 minutes, Darch can't do that but he's probably faster.

would love our UEFA run allow us to get Klasnic if we are to buy a striker, hopefully Dado has been selling him the club icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by matty_8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

Darcheville, Novo, Cousin, Boyd, McCulloch, Sebo, Fleck, Lennon, Boyds maw >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Miller.

gow? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He doesnt exist according to WS. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by TM:

JCD and Boyd start the game tonight

Alexander

Broadfoot

Weir

Cuellar

Whittaker

Davis

Ferguson

Thomson

Novo

Darcheville

Boyd

not sure the subs though

For once Smith cant be ctiticised for not having an attacking formation at home. icon14.gif

Originally posted by FrazT:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

JCD and Boyd start the game tonight

Alexander

Broadfoot

Weir

Cuellar

Whittaker

Davis

Ferguson

Thomson

Novo

Darcheville

Boyd

not sure the subs though

For once Smith cant be ctiticised for not having an attacking formation at home. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whittaker at RB

Smith at LB

would have been better.

Originally posted by FrazT:

I dont doubt that mate, but at least we have more than one forward on the park at Ibrox, which is a pleasnt change.

Yeah, but for some reason we don't seem to play as well when we have 2 up. Gretna, Cup Final, St Johnstone?

Hope Boydy gets a hat trick tonite.

Someone needs to teach Broadfoot how to take a ****ing throw in!

indeed, a professional footballer and he can't even take one - did it twice in Fiorentina last week as well icon13.gif

need to start getting the ball into the wide areas and getting it down on the ground to get something, high ball only works when you actually have people who can cross. Unfortunately it seems only Broadfoot for all his faults can do that. Linking up needs to be tidied up as well

I don't really understand what the team are playing at at the moment, it's as if Paul le Guen has suddenly come back. No co-ordination at all, and as Andy says, can someome please teach Broadfoot to take a throw, it's not that ****ing hard Kirk icon_mad.gif

cracking finish from Baz, but thank god icon_biggrin.gif

didn't think we'd get anything from the refs tonight, so we needed to do it ourselves pretty much - most of the game has shown that from another of the "new batch" of refs

Richmond got plenty wrong tonight, not a surprise icon14.gif

bloody hell we made that look hard work tonight! 3 points though so thats what we needed and it was a great finish.

Craigan should have been booked for acting like a tit, the ref bottled 2 penalty decisions but meh we got the win.

Now on to Saturday

Originally posted by Jambo:

Acting like a tit? Do you realise how frustrating it must be for him when they are chasing a goal and Novo goes stays down in injury time from a simple challenge

Erm... he was carrying on after that moaning at the ref. Its called dissent and is a yellow card offence.

relief all round, nothing special but it never is at this time of the season - the ponts were paramount and they've been secured icon_cool.gif

the ref was terrible though, another pish performance from the new batch of Scottish refs, got years of this lot left as well, fantastic icon14.gif

great finish from Baz for the goal and I think we just deserved it for the amount of posession, although it wasn't pretty

Originally posted by Jambo:

Acting like a tit? Do you realise how frustrating it must be for him when they are chasing a goal and Novo goes stays down in injury time from a simple challenge

What like the time wasting they were doing by taking five minutes for each throw, yeah changed their tune when they were needing a goal. Craigan should have been booked for trying to lift Novo up (how the hell does he know how the player is?) and booked again twice for dissent.

looking at events elsewhere, I see Real are winning 2-0 on Barca icon_cool.gif I wonder if we should invite Leo Messi to the UEFA Cup Final next week so he can actually see a cup being competed for as he's not going to see much silver this year - except maybe in his kitchen icon_cool.gif

yeah I know he's a good player potentially a great, but we have something that he doesn't - a chance of winning something (even if we have already got the CIS Cup) icon14.gif

Archived