The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Yeh sure he'd swap places with you in a second :roll:

Another uninspired nervy performance from you lot tonight. Got the result but I am still confident you will drop points in the remaining games.

Will be an exciting last few games.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't care if we won the next 4 games in the league through deflections/own goals/ball going in off the keeper's arse - we all want performances, but this is the time of the season when points is completely paramount

Celtic are the same, both teams are tense at the moment and the performances are showing

Honstly what is it with this thread and constantly comparing us to you?

I am just commenting on the way you have played recently and continued tonight. With a point to it made afterwords. I comment on how we play in our thread.

Calm down....

Originally posted by Anton:

I am just commenting on the way you have played recently and continued tonight. With a point to it made afterwords. I comment on how we play in our thread.

Calm down....

Just go away you eejit.

i thought it was a certainty that any goal motherwell lost tonight would come from a corner, they just cant deal with them

i expected you to win this one as your home record is good but they ran you close. its your away form that could cause you the league

Originally posted by tony_cfc:

i thought it was a certainty that any goal motherwell lost tonight would come from a corner, they just cant deal with them

i expected you to win this one as your home record is good but they ran you close. its your away form that could cause you the league

We had 13 corners, so they were not that bad

Well done rangers, we deserved that and the players worked so hard.

Motherwell did well to keep us at bay for so long, either that or they wasted so much time it seemed like it?

Charlie Richmond named thus because he's a sausage.

JUST FO crap refs

Originally posted by tony_cfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

it was you that conceded two against us last time we played tbf

dont get me started on our defense icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best defence in the SPL?

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tony_cfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

it was you that conceded two against us last time we played tbf

dont get me started on our defense icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best defence in the SPL? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

statistically yes but when you see the way teams play against us at Parkhead you'll see why we have hardly lost a goal. 10 men behind the ball and hardly an attempt to get out their own half is the norm

I still really hope Motherwell come 3rd because of the three teams involved they deserve it the most.

I hope they do as well, but it was interesting to see them resort to the hammer thrower tactics when we scored the goal icon_biggrin.gif

been a nice team to watch this season, apart from that quagmire of a pitch - but I guess once hammer throwers (as they were with Malpas), always hammer throwers icon_frown.gif

• SI Staff

Thought we started quite brightly tonight but again there wasn't a lot of creativity from midfield. Novo was too deep and Darcheville wasn't looking for the ball enough and I thought he had a shocking game. Should have been taken off much earlier. Looked even worse than Kenny Miller icon_wink.gif

Glad with the three points though and I thought we deserved them overall. It's going to be a very tough game at their place though. I'll take another 1-0

God bless our home form.

That goal was a long, long time coming but completely deserved and very, very welcome. Ferguson was as good as he has been for months so it was fitting he scored. A win on Saturday and we can comfortably forget the league for a week.

Think it's time for Motherwell to give their set piece coach his jotters.

I still really hope Motherwell come 3rd because of the three teams involved they deserve it the most.

Four teams involved don't you mean? icon_wink.gif

I do admit they by far and away deserve it more than anyone and if we don't finish 3rd then there's no more deserving team out there. Well done to them and McGhee.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

I do admit they by far and away deserve it more than anyone and if we don't finish 3rd then there's no more deserving team out there. Well done to them and McGhee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Motherwell, Dundee United and Hibs is three to me.

Originally posted by Ter:

Thought we started quite brightly tonight but again there wasn't a lot of creativity from midfield. Novo was too deep and Darcheville wasn't looking for the ball enough and I thought he had a shocking game. Should have been taken off much earlier. Looked even worse than Kenny Miller icon_wink.gif

Glad with the three points though and I thought we deserved them overall. It's going to be a very tough game at their place though. I'll take another 1-0

I think there were a lot of nerves on that park, and some of the players were actually trying just too hard. Novo was flicking the ball all over the place without actually looking where he was passing it. You could actually see and feel the relief when we scored and I think - I hope - that has eased a lot of the tension for the players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

I do admit they by far and away deserve it more than anyone and if we don't finish 3rd then there's no more deserving team out there. Well done to them and McGhee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Motherwell, Dundee United and Hibs is three to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf, i dont know how but aberdeen find themselves right back in the race for 3rd. Motherwell should still get it though

Originally posted by Anton:

And that doesn't happen in the other thread? You consistently come in with your insipid trolling and don't expect a little backchat? Calm down.

Originally posted by matty_8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Motherwell, Dundee United and Hibs is three to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf, i dont know how but aberdeen find themselves right back in the race for 3rd. Motherwell should still get it though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The sheep have no chance of third.

I think there were a lot of nerves on that park, and some of the players were actually trying just too hard. Novo was flicking the ball all over the place without actually looking where he was passing it. You could actually see and feel the relief when we scored and I think - I hope - that has eased a lot of the tension for the players.

will probably return on Saturday with the game, felt sorry for Boyd tonight as he was doing some good running and even his touch looked quite good, but he was getting no chances whatsoever. JCD was awful though, his first touch was just terrible and in situations when he should have passed, he was either having a shot when it wasn't on or losing the ball

Don't quite get how you work that one out?

We beat Motherwell on Saturday we go above Hibs & United providing both of the Old Firm win which is highly likely. Motherwell then have one game in hand which happens to be against you.

Last day, Celtic win, Motherwell - Hibs draw.

All rests on that one game in which ANYTHING can happen, (don't let your hatred of Aberdeen delude you here) we win and we're there, nothing complicated about that really is there?

WE'RE GOING ON A EUROPEAN TOUR. \o/

We shall see, we've already been cheated out of a point already. No doubt the SFA referees will screw us over yet again to be honest.

You should of drew your last 3 games now, all refereeing errors that have won you games, don't at all deserve to be in the position you are.

Originally posted by TM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think there were a lot of nerves on that park, and some of the players were actually trying just too hard. Novo was flicking the ball all over the place without actually looking where he was passing it. You could actually see and feel the relief when we scored and I think - I hope - that has eased a lot of the tension for the players.

will probably return on Saturday with the game, felt sorry for Boyd tonight as he was doing some good running and even his touch looked quite good, but he was getting no chances whatsoever. JCD was awful though, his first touch was just terrible and in situations when he should have passed, he was either having a shot when it wasn't on or losing the ball </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not actually sure about that, I actually think this win was psychologically HUGE, especially after Easter Road. Being four points behind is a much less oppressive looking thing than being seven.

We can't also forget the impact of the UEFA Final, I'm sure the players do have a thought on that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think there were a lot of nerves on that park, and some of the players were actually trying just too hard. Novo was flicking the ball all over the place without actually looking where he was passing it. You could actually see and feel the relief when we scored and I think - I hope - that has eased a lot of the tension for the players.

will probably return on Saturday with the game, felt sorry for Boyd tonight as he was doing some good running and even his touch looked quite good, but he was getting no chances whatsoever. JCD was awful though, his first touch was just terrible and in situations when he should have passed, he was either having a shot when it wasn't on or losing the ball </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not actually sure about that, I actually think this win was psychologically HUGE, especially after Easter Road. Being four points behind is a much less oppressive looking thing than being seven.

We can't also forget the impact of the UEFA Final, I'm sure the players do have a thought on that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After witnessing our league collapse I would say your spot on...only difference is its only injuries which will rule them out now.

Keeping Cuellar fit is your most important task though

We shall see, we've already been cheated out of a point already. No doubt the SFA referees will screw us over yet again to be honest.

You should of drew your last 3 games now, all refereeing errors that have won you games, don't at all deserve to be in the position you are.

Rangers going for the title....2 Jimmy's in charge....you've no chance.

• SI Staff

Does anyone like the poor refs in this country icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We shall see, we've already been cheated out of a point already. No doubt the SFA referees will screw us over yet again to be honest.

Does anyone like the poor refs in this country icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You lot must LOVE Rev McCurry icon_wink.gif

aye like we haven't had any bad decisions against us this season

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We shall see, we've already been cheated out of a point already. No doubt the SFA referees will screw us over yet again to be honest.

Does anyone like the poor refs in this country icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't think of one single Scottish referee I have any respect for at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

I can't think of one single Scottish referee I have any respect for at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

John "Pierluigi Colina" Rowbotham icon_cool.gif

What's with Broadfoot's constant foul throws? It's amazing, I've seen your last few games and in every one he's been doing it repeatedly. I've never seen that before.

I think everything is going to come down to this weekend. If you beat dundee united, the race for third place will probably be over and the rest of your games will be easy and we won't catch you. At the same time, we can win it on the sunday if results go a certain way.

Cracking game of football last night in a superb atmosphere...! icon14.gif

Thought we started brightly but missed a couple of early chances - Boyd slow to get to a fine pass from Davis(?) and Novo snatching at a similar type of chance to Barry's goal.

After than 'Well seemed to settle and passed the ball about quite nicely. This resulted in frustrating our players and they seemed to panic in possession. However, after half-time we seemed to push Whittaker and Novo on and forced 'Well into more mistakes and less time on the ball.

The goal was a matter of time really but boy did I enjoy it when he did get it - great finish from the skipper! He then went onto have a much better game and we looked comfortable enough thereafter. Notwithstanding one superb challenge from Kirk Broadfoot and one 'Well player overdoing it at the back post.

A vital win then and hopefully that will give us the confidence to move forward. A win on Saturday swings the pressure slightly back towards Celtic and with both OF teams hardly being outstanding it's still anyone's title really.

If, as expected, Paul Le Guen leaves at the end of the season he will not be the first coach with a previously good reputation to have failed at PSG.

His problems in Paris - and those during his eight-month spell at Rangers - contrast with the success at Lyon where, under his guidance, the club won three successive league titles and twice reached the Champions League quarter-finals.

Before a recent home game, some PSG fans said they thought Le Guen's style was more suited to Lyon's stable and serene atmosphere than it was to the Paris pressure cooker, where he did "more harm than good".

Others blame the club for lacking a long-term strategy and for a poor recruitment policy, arguing Le Guen's purchases last summer are simply not up to the job.

Striking similarities between his previous 2 jobs, really seems like the Lyon success was more based on what others did perhaps?

His signings just seem really poor decisions, apart from Papac icon14.gif

Rangers going for the title....2 Jimmy's in charge....you've no chance.

The thing is though; this a match which means so much to both sets of players and fans so anything can happen. I know we're not the greatest of teams and both the Old Firm are miles ahead and we've not got the best of management teams no but we've proved in the best that on our day we can beat anyone, regardless of the situation and pressure on the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Rangers going for the title....2 Jimmy's in charge....you've no chance.

The thing is though; this a match which means so much to both sets of players and fans so anything can happen. I know we're not the greatest of teams and both the Old Firm are miles ahead and we've not got the best of management teams no but we've proved in the past that on our day we can beat anyone, regardless of the situation and pressure on the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived