The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meeting about Gretna again today. Got me thinking...

If they were to be wound up now (unlikely, given there are 2-3 games left until end of season) what would that do to the goal difference of Rangers and Celtic should the points be removed?

Would we be closer, ahead, further behind?

And what would it do to the UEFA Cup chase with the rest of the top 6?

Originally posted by Andy "Muzza" Murray:

If, as expected, Paul Le Guen leaves at the end of the season he will not be the first coach with a previously good reputation to have failed at PSG.

His problems in Paris - and those during his eight-month spell at Rangers - contrast with the success at Lyon where, under his guidance, the club won three successive league titles and twice reached the Champions League quarter-finals.

Before a recent home game, some PSG fans said they thought Le Guen's style was more suited to Lyon's stable and serene atmosphere than it was to the Paris pressure cooker, where he did "more harm than good".

Others blame the club for lacking a long-term strategy and for a poor recruitment policy, arguing Le Guen's purchases last summer are simply not up to the job.

Ironically they've made both Cup Finals in France, already won the League Cup and are in UEFA Cup next year. They can still survive in the league though, I think they'll squeeze though and stay in.

PLG should have held on till last summer before going to another club, paying the price for that now.

Though we did well yesterday considering we were up against anti-football icon_wink.gif

I didnt think we were going to score

Ferguson has been playing a lot better recently since the second Old firm game at their place and closing down players a lot more often which is needed. Thought he fully deserved his goal

Can't stop singing this song after last night...

He's the rock in our back four, Cuellar, Cuellar

The opposition score no more, Cuellar, Cuellar

He's six foot three with curly hair

His teeth are f***ed but we don't care

He's Carlos Cuellar, the Rangers centre half

Absolutely brilliant but too, too catchy... icon_frown.gif

I'll probably book my bus ticket tomorrow - managed to get a price of £22 return yesterday, but when I went to book it today it was suddenly £33 icon_confused.gif So I'll wait and see if the £22 is available.

Is anyone else travelling down from Glasgow?

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

I'll probably book my bus ticket tomorrow - managed to get a price of £22 return yesterday, but when I went to book it today it was suddenly £33 icon_confused.gif So I'll wait and see if the £22 is available.

Could you not get a few of you down in a car and just chip in for petrol?

Originally posted by Anton:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Could you not get a few of you down in a car and just chip in for petrol? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would be good. Personally I can't drive. (Well except driving people up the wall.)

I might have a space in my car... One of my mates may have to pull out due to work commitments.

We're staying overnight though - not sure if that affects you PM7 or Gary - whoever is going on their own.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

Going to Ibrox on Wednesday, watch game on big screen. Should be a good atmosphere. Any one else going to Ibrox?

Don't you live in Aberdeen Matty? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes.....why?

Originally posted by Frankie:

I might have a space in my car... One of my mates may have to pull out due to work commitments.

We're staying overnight though - not sure if that affects you PM7 or Gary - whoever is going on their own.

Yeah but your going from Edinburgh? (Assuming you're not coming through to Ibrox for the car parade thing)

Originally posted by matty_8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

Going to Ibrox on Wednesday, watch game on big screen. Should be a good atmosphere. Any one else going to Ibrox?

yes.....why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well apart from the fact its a ********? icon_razz.gif

So why not just go the whole hog to Manchester?

Yeah but your going from Edinburgh? (Assuming you're not coming through to Ibrox for the car parade thing)

Have to pick another mate up in Motherwell anyway so Glasgow isn't too far out of the way....

Only problem is I doubt I'll know for a few days whether or not my mate is going or not. He's trying to finish a couple of jobs off and check his workload then.

yes.....why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well apart from the fact its a ********? icon_razz.gif

So why not just go the whole hog to Manchester? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it is quite bad up here lol

3 reasons:

1) i have my Constitutional Law exam on that day and it finishes about 1. Would struggle to get to Manchester in time

2) i think a good atmosphere will be made inside Ibrox, and if we win im sure the town wont be that bad at all

3) easy to get accomodation over night compared to Manchester

Originally posted by Frankie:

Have to pick another mate up in Motherwell anyway so Glasgow isn't too far out of the way....

Only problem is I doubt I'll know for a few days whether or not my mate is going or not. He's trying to finish a couple of jobs off and check his workload then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks anyway Frankie, if I can get a decent price I'll just book it.

Or I might just accompany matty to Ibrox - as long as he leaves his sheep at home icon_razz.gif

But I do want to go Manchester actually so probably will.

I'm waiting to see whats the deal with work, Ever since I told them I was leaving to take up a job in Canada in July they've not been too accomodating. Knowing my luck the ***** will have me out on a job somewhere down in England or in Europe just to **** me off more.

• SI Staff
I'm still wavering on the prospect of a Manchester trip.

Mind you, the giant screens are a tempter to add to the OTF mini meet.

I'm up for it anyway. We've already booked our train tickets (3 of us going from London)

Originally posted by Caleyjag:

What's provoked such a venemous hate of Miller? (Apart from his inability to score goals)

1. He's complete and utter pish.

2. His behaviour during his first spell at the club.

3. His celebration upon scoring his first goal for Celtic against us.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by GingerFurball:

Got a letter the other day saying I'd got tickets in the ballot.

£35 as well. icon_cool.gif

Picking it up tomorrow. icon_biggrin.gif

I hate you icon_frown.gif

• SI Staff
A lad on RU forums trying to shift two UEFA Cup Final tickets.

How much for? And what are RU forums?

I'll swap tickets for a place in the FM Live beta icon_wink.gif

• SI Staff
This is going to be some day down there - hope the GMP etc are heeding the advice.

Barcelona was mental and there were only what, around 20,000 there. Is Manchester going to be big enough? icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff
If I was to give him your e-mail address then you could discuss. He's just asking if anyone knows any Rangers fans that want tickets because he's got two to sell. Not sure how much he wants for them though.

Go for it mate.

Archived