The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

I know Levein will whine his crybaby little face off, but at the end of the day a much better showing from us and a totally deserved win. Where Novo gets his energy from is beyond me.

Bit worrying about Thomson but hopefully he'll be ok for Wednesday. Thought Furman played some good passes and certainly didn't look out of place.

Bring on Zenit!

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Caleyjag:

It looks like the team only has the energy for 45 minutes icon_frown.gif

Getting worried...

Oh ye of little faith icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I shall be repeating the same quote on Wednesday if we need a goal icon14.gif

Novo absolutely immense today! what a game from the wee man!

Was impressed with Dean when he came on, hopefully he will start to feature more in the first team, anyone seen him in the youths/reserves? how does he stand out there?

Roll on Wednesday

Ok, were going to hear all the "McCurry won use it" etc as both decisions were controversial. But we were the better team and we deserved the points definately. Some great performances i.e Novo and Ferguson.

David Weir though, a bit sloppy

looked a bit similar to the last 10 mins of the Fiorentina home leg when he just looked really sloppy, had a period like that when Dundee Utd looked quite strong

happy enough though, some goals and the points which are of course vital

Originally posted by matty_8:

Another Cuellar needed for next season and it's not the guy from Blackpool icon_mad.gif

Weir obviously feeling the effect of the games now, but there is no way he can be first choice next season. His non-existant pace is a liability.

Haha usual whining in the ****'s thread. Because you know, they never got any really controversial decision in recent weeks, oh no siree.

Makes it so much sweeter actually when that lot have so many sour grapes to munch on. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Call me old fashioned but if you're gonna run the risk of getting sent off for headbutting someone atleast do it properly and break the ***** nose icon_mad.gif

Cousin GTF

Was totally unprovoked though? I don't mind if a player has been a bit provoked throughout a game and finally cracks - then as you say, at least butt the git properly.

Cousin was hated by the fans of the last club he was at, you can now see why.

Originally posted by AndyJ:

Currently having a chuckle at some of the posts in the other thread.

I refuse to believe some people on here actually think what they post and are just on the wind up.

They must be melting their tracksuits in such a boiling rage just now icon_biggrin.gif

oh how much I love reading some of the ******* in the other thread. They get just as much as us, ask the other teams, the OF get everything not just Rangers.

Other way round they would be loving it so really they should quit discussing refs and get onto how their team is going to lose points at home to Hibs tomorrow

Walter icon_cool.gif that other thread is a complete farce today, a bit like the league tbh icon14.gif

I wonder if they'd be past 50 pages if we had those decisions that they've had in the last few weeks? a few bad decisions (and yup they were) and almost a page of comments about how the refs favour Rangers - if the refs favoured us, the league would be over by now icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Philip Rolfe:

Good to see Dean getting some time today, didn't see the game, he do anything of note? Always looked useful in our u18s but was a bit small.

Almost set up Novo for a goal with good vision for a quick free kick, didn't look out of place on the field and made a few good passes, some nice touches. Long overdue debut been outstanding in the youth team since he signed.

Originally posted by matty_8:

Aberdeen Forum

Ok just browsing an aberdeen forum and noticed this. Its more an anti-rangers forum than aberdeen. More posts in it about rangers v dundee utd than their own game!

I reckon we all register there and start war! icon_biggrin.gif

Wouldn't catch me dead registering on a forum of sheep.

Furman looked quite good today, some nice touches and actually was getting close to the striker with his runs today, reminded me a bit of Barry when he was in his first spell at Gers icon_cool.gif

looked quite composed as well which is always good to see icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Philip Rolfe:

Good to see Dean getting some time today, didn't see the game, he do anything of note? Always looked useful in our u18s but was a bit small.

Almost set up Novo for a goal with good vision for a quick free kick, didn't look out of place on the field and made a few good passes, some nice touches. Long overdue debut been outstanding in the youth team since he signed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looked confident, really could be a great asset. Hopefully the first appearance of many. Very impressed.

Agree with Gary, great quick thinking for the free kick and Novo really should have scored. He looked comfortable enough in the middle of the park with Barry, didn't look like he was a weak link or anything. Hope to see more of him, as I said earlier don't know much about his performances since he came to us so if anyone knows a bit more about him would really appreciate it.

Levein ceratinly didnt miss the ref with his post match comments-accused him of cheating which will go down well with the SFA I think. BBC Scotland managed to spend about 20 minutes discussing the alleged bias towards the big teams at their home grounds!

Good 3 points and this will keep the pressure on tomorrow, till the first goal goes in!

Guest sav112
Originally posted by GingerFurball:

Walter : "No one asked me about the two penalties on Wednesday."

God I love Walter Smith. icon_biggrin.gif

Spot on! or the goals chalked off that the Gers scored that should have stood. Nothing about perfectly good Aberdeen goals chalked off or phantom Corners on the Motherwell game from my Tic mates as they emitted they have got the same decisions. Loved how Big Van can chop one of our players in half and still get away with it. icon_eek.gif

Got a Mate who lives in Hamilton who is a Motherwell fan and he hate the old firm with a passion, with Celtic edging it on who he dislikes the most and it’s down most to the doggy decisions.

Nothing about perfectly good Aberdeen goals chalked or phantom Corners on the Motherwell game from my tic mates as they emitted they have got the same decisions. Loved how Big Van can chop one of our players in half and still get away with it.

Got a Mate who lives in Hamilton who is a Motherwell fan and he hate the old firm with a passion, with Celtic edging it on who he dislikes the most and it’s down most to the doggy decisions

Saturday, 17 May 2008

Motherwell v Rangers, 12:30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, 19 May 2008

St Mirren v Rangers, 19:45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, 22 May 2008

Aberdeen v Rangers, 19:45

That’s a shocking end to a season Game on Saturday,Monday,Thursday.

how pathetic is this? icon_biggrin.gif

the Your Call bit is an absolute stomper, I can just imagine Rod going on to talk to fat boy Traynor after Celtic don't get a decision icon_biggrin.gif

well no I can't, cause I doubt he's that sad - if Dundee Utd don't get decisions, then why was the Cousin goal that was a goal in October given offside? icon_cool.gif

A couple wins for the bears and suddenly we're backing to 'Rev McCurry' cheating, Stephen Hughes not jumping high enough, Rangers 'stumbling' past quality European teams, media backing our title bid and the like... Where did the bastions of officiating quality go in recent weeks? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Another excellent game today then. A fine opening half from us resulting in two splendid goals - although Hunt could easily have given Utd the lead early on.

Second half we sat back, tired and our wide players were sucked into the middle - leaving too much space for Utd to make their preferred long diagonals. Subsequently very fortunate not to give away a penalty and slightly fortunate not to have conceded a goal when Weir deflected the ball past Alexander. Two decisions that could easily have went the other way but today we got the rub for a wee change.

McCurry clearly bottled the obvious penalty although the disallowed goal is less contentious to be fair. Hopefully McCurry will admit he got it wrong on Monday and there's no doubt we benefited as others have done in recent weeks (but don't ask them to concede the similar decisions I've posted in bold.

I'm delighted we've managed to take this title race into the last week. Sure, we're still second favorites but the last two games have really lifted confidence. Our captain has finally turned up and the fans have been absolutely magnificent in helping the team to these results. One last push is required.

Come on! icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by TM:

how pathetic is this? icon_biggrin.gif

the Your Call bit is an absolute stomper, I can just imagine Rod going on to talk to fat boy Traynor after Celtic don't get a decision icon_biggrin.gif

well no I can't, cause I doubt he's that sad - if Dundee Utd don't get decisions, then why was the Cousin goal that was a goal in October given offside? icon_cool.gif

It's all pretty typical tbh from Levein, toys our of pram when things go against him. Even if the ref had given the pen, theres absolutely no chance the second goal would have occured and we might, as we did, have scored a third. No-one knows these things. Besides which, when the ball was played the offside goal was offside so screw the whiners, lets concentrate on the positives and let those eating their sour grapes, well eat them.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

It's all pretty typical tbh from Levein, toys our of pram when things go against him. Even if the ref had given the pen, theres absolutely no chance the second goal would have occured and we might, as we did, have scored a third. No-one knows these things. Besides which, when the ball was played the offside goal was offside so screw the whiners, lets concentrate on the positives and let those eating their sour grapes, well eat them.

I don't think the grapes are sour. Just, very, very bitter....

Levein isn't long in telling other teams to quit whining over refs, I seem to recall a St Mirren game earlier in the season. Anyway Dundee utd have made an official complaint according to 5ive Live.

I can't remember them complaining when we were denied a perfectly fair goal when they beat us earlier this season...?

Hopefully the behaviour of Noel Hunt and other Utd players today will be addressed as well if they want to take the moral highground.

Originally posted by Philip Rolfe:

Looked like a clone of Barry Ferguson from 10 years ago.

If he's capable of maintaining that level of performance and developing further, I'd seriously question the wisdom of spending money on Davis.

Will Walter play him though, this is the question. He has never ever been a guy to throw youth into the team it is, imo, his biggest failing as a manager.

Ok one part of a game doesn't tell the whole story, but you don't come into a hugely important game like that for your competitive first team debut and look as if you've been part of the team for years without having some level of talent. Go on Walter, break the habit of a lifetime, I seriously doubt you'll regret it.

Would have liked to see Stevie Lennon come on too, and I just wonder if it had remained 2-0 if we would have replaced the utter arse who is Daniel 'Championship Bound' Cousin?

Archived