The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by FrazT:

Hmmmm...- this might be a problem- I cant get any ITV picture here apart from ITV1. I will need to go and do some research- this is too big to miss!

Sorry I meant ITV1... icon_biggrin.gif

If you do still have a problems, they are streaming it live on their website as well...

Thanks Frankie- I have eventually found an ITV schedule for Wednesday and it appears to be on ITV1, which should be OK unless there ia a thunderstorm, when I dont get any TV signal at all!

I will have it on the web as well!

Thanks Frankie- I have eventually found an ITV schedule for Wednesday and it appears to be on ITV1, which should be OK unless there ia a thunderstorm, when I dont get any TV signal at all!

I will have it on the web as well!

Where you abouts FrazT?

Sounds like my situation icon_biggrin.gif

I am originally from Scotland but live now in Cyprus with my 2.7 metre satellite dish and Sky box. I can get about 50% of the Sky channels with this size of dish but would need a 3.5-4.0 metre dish to get them all and I doubt that my roof or bank balance could cope with that. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Frankie:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news.cfm?newsid=3948

Just as we thought, McCurry rationally explains his honest decisions and admits he got it wrong.

I doubt that will appease the people questioning his professionalism and personal background but then nothing would, I suppose.

Tbf I'm not going to question either of those things, but I'm sick of being made to feel like we should be appeased because he's come out and admitted his mistakes.

Yes, I understand the hard job they have. Yes, I understand they will make mistakes. But after his performance on Saturday, piping up on some website will not appease me, nor do I think it should.

We could debate all month about contentious decisions for every team in the SPL, but the fact is the standard of officials in this league is shocking, and I'm angry about it.

Of course the standard is shocking. No-one is suggesting otherwise.

Every team (including Rangers) suffers from bad decisions and every team (including Rangers) sometimes benefits.

The problem is when people suggest officials are actually cheating or are biased. That's nonsense.

What people forget is, if McCurry had given the penalty, the second incident would not have occured so it would not have meant greetin faces team would have been level, and who knows if we would not have gone up the park and scored?

Who gives a toss anyway, certain people will always find something to whine about - lets just get on with winning everything we have left to play for, and let them munch their bitter almonds and sour grapes. I'm past caring about them.

Originally posted by BWCH:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news.cfm?newsid=3948

Just as we thought, McCurry rationally explains his honest decisions and admits he got it wrong.

I doubt that will appease the people questioning his professionalism and personal background but then nothing would, I suppose.

Tbf I'm not going to question either of those things, but I'm sick of being made to feel like we should be appeased because he's come out and admitted his mistakes.

Yes, I understand the hard job they have. Yes, I understand they will make mistakes. But after his performance on Saturday, piping up on some website will not appease me, nor do I think it should.

We could debate all month about contentious decisions for every team in the SPL, but the fact is the standard of officials in this league is shocking, and I'm angry about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The standard of refeering in this country is absolutely farcical I think we can all agree about that. As I've said before, I don't think there is one current Scottish referee that I even come close to respecting. However there is a huge difference between sheer incompetance - why for instance did McCurrys linesman not signal about the penalty claim? - and ridiculous accusations of referee's cheating from some corners of the country.

There is a simple solution. We live in an advanced technological era and there is really no excuse I can think of for not using TV evidence on matchday as they do in other sports, like Rugby.

We could debate all month about contentious decisions for every team in the SPL, but the fact is the standard of officials in this league is shocking, and I'm angry about it.

100% agree with that and it's only going to get worse with the batch who are coming through icon14.gif

where is a Hugh Dallas or even a John Rowbotham when you need one icon_frown.gif John wasn't a great ref, but he's 10 times better than pish like Brines, Conroy and co

Originally posted by Frankie:

The problem is when people suggest officials are actually cheating or are biased. That's nonsense.

But really, nobody can take the high ground over that issue, because we all do it.

I'm not that bothered by those claims anyway. When we get decisions you'll go on about bias, which I laugh at. And I'm sure you lot laugh at our reactions when you get decsions.

We could have the best officials in the world and people would still say the same things that have been said for the last 100+ years.

I just want less bad decisions, you'll never stop the conspiracy theories.

Originally posted by Caleyjag:

Had a quick glance at the Record this morning and it says that TV cameras show McCurry mouthing "Nice goal Nacho" after Novo's second.

I don't know if that is true or not and I don't go for all this 'agendas' stuff but if he did in fact do that he hasn't done himself any favours at all, especially given all the 'scandal' thats surrounded him recently. Crazy.

We live in an advanced technological era and there is really no excuse I can think of for not using TV evidence on matchday as they do in other sports, like Rugby.

I'd like to see this implemented, would eradicate all this nonsense.

Had a quick glance at the Record this morning and it says that TV cameras show McCurry mouthing "Nice goal Nacho" after Novo's second.

it was a class finish though icon_cool.gif

I dont see why it can't be, it's not even that expensive to have a camera/tv link up at all senior football grounds with a guy in the stand or wherever with a link to the ref? You could even have the TV near the pitch so the ref himself can see the replay if we really needs to. Football really needs to get out of the dark ages.

Positive to see Mr McCurry retain his integrity and hold his hands up to the honest mistakes he made over the weekend.

Hopefully they throw the book at Levein and his wretched little club.

Just read the report from McCurry about the weekend's events. Now if the assistant referee feels obliged to go against the referee's decision on the 'goal' by Swanson, why did he not feel the need to intervene with the Hunt/Weir incident? Especially given his vantage point would have been perfect.

Originally posted by GrantR:

Just read the report from McCurry about the weekend's events. Now if the assistant referee feels obliged to go against the referee's decision on the 'goal' by Swanson, why did he not feel the need to intervene with the Hunt/Weir incident? Especially given his vantage point would have been perfect.

Agreed. The linesman seems to have been at fault with both decisions. Unfortunately, McCurry's positioning also meant he made the wrong decisions.

I can understand Utd being frustrated with that but to accuse McCurry of cheating/bias or completely disingenuous.

If the officials are so bent, why have we suffered from so many bad decisions this season - both home and away?

Originally posted by GrantR:

It would appear that there are some assistants who like to get involved and some who dont. This one appears to be a bit of both, which is confusing!

Originally posted by Findlay:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Caleyjag:

I don't know if that is true or not and I don't go for all this 'agendas' stuff but if he did in fact do that he hasn't done himself any favours at all, especially given all the 'scandal' thats surrounded him recently. Crazy.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see a problem with a ref saying that to a player.

the refs are allowed to enjoy the game and it was a cracking strike.

some refs do talk to the players, some don't. On this ocassion, the ref was prob thinking, nice1, 2-0 to rangers, this is going to be an easy game to referee today icon_biggrin.gif

I am originally from Scotland but live now in Cyprus with my 2.7 metre satellite dish and Sky box. I can get about 50% of the Sky channels with this size of dish but would need a 3.5-4.0 metre dish to get them all and I doubt that my roof or bank balance could cope with that. icon_smile.gif

I'm the same. Just got a wee sat dish. Theres always bars showing the games so it always helps. Plus, we have The Bluebell bar here which is one of the most famous Rangers bars in Spain.

The decisions at the weekend there were bad, but if Colin Boyle can get away with the two penalties he gave Peterhead t Somerset, nothing is going to be done about this.

Originally posted by GingerFurball:

Compare and contrast McCurry's explanation with Brine's - yet only one official will be accused of cheating.

But it's pyoor big conspiracy from the h*nz in black, dontcha know?

Originally posted by McD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

Compare and contrast McCurry's explanation with Brine's - yet only one official will be accused of cheating.

But it's pyoor big conspiracy from the h*nz in black, dontcha know? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So it's not the hidden forces that permeate Scottish football then? icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by HD:

The decisions at the weekend there were bad, but if Colin Boyle can get away with the two penalties he gave Peterhead t Somerset, nothing is going to be done about this.

It's a conspiracy Iain, he's probably Killie scum.

I'm still considering it but I have a few questions:

1. How early do you reckon I'd have to be at Ibrox to get in to watch it there or will that not be a problem?

2. If I were to book a train ticket to Manchester online, how risky would it be amid the concerns of overbooking.

Originally posted by YippeeKaeYay:

I'm still considering it but I have a few questions:

1. How early do you reckon I'd have to be at Ibrox to get in to watch it there or will that not be a problem?

2. If I were to book a train ticket to Manchester online, how risky would it be amid the concerns of overbooking.

If you do train go on tues or don't do Preston. Go east coast. or Megabus/NatEx?

all the Glasgow/Manchester Megabus journeys are unavailable till Thursday - wonder why icon_biggrin.gif

train looks a bit dodgy it must be said, especially with that open ticket business. Can just imagine Central Station being an utter nightmare on Wednesday with people turning up with those tickets, not being allowed on and the rammy ensuring afterwards

I've been discussing this with my only Rangers supporting friend at Uni (whom has a ticket). It seems travelling down isn't really feasable anymore so I'll be going to Ibrox rather than risk not seeing the game at all.

I'd be up for a meetup if I can't get some flatmates to tag along.

Btw, Cheers for the offer Ter.

RST Calls For Dundee United Boycott Print E-mail

Monday, 12 May 2008

In recent days, Dundee United have now heaped embarrassment twice on themselves and Scottish football.

By supporting the fixture scheduling demanded by the cowardly hand of hidden forces that permeates Scottish football their anti-Rangers agenda was exposed. Now their disgraceful attack on one the most respected referees in our game appears to have reinforced their bitterness against our club.

Today's laughable 'complaint' shows all the recklessness of a Willo Flood passback.

The RST calls for Rangers to decline any ticket allocation for Tannadice next season and urges all Rangers supporters to back this course of action.

Let's see whether the loss of at least £250,000 income is easier to swallow than their anti-Rangers bile.

Gotta love the RST. Representing you all. icon_biggrin.gif

Even as a board member I don't agree with everything they say or do but generally they do a decent job and claim to represent no-one but themselves.

If that means suggesting boycotting clubs who try and infer officials are biased in our favour while hypocritically taking our money twice a season then so be it. Our club are also very annoyed with the way DUFC have acted in recent weeks with their refusal to back a fixture change so the Trust are simply commenting on the feelings of many fans.

That controversial statement has actually done it's job in the background actually.

Originally posted by HD:

the cowardly hand of hidden forces that permeates Scottish football their anti-Rangers agenda was exposed.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Just following on from what our chairman suggested last week. There appears to be a inconsistency with regard to certain issues with the running of the game in Scotland.

If Dundee Utd and Celtic fans can suggest agendas against their team, surely we can do the same?

Even if, like I say, I may not agree with such a statement personally.

Surely we should just be concentrating on a UEFA Cup Final and forget everything else. Let other clubs worry about their own agenda's and let the SFA worry about their referee's. Gettin a bit fecked off with the whining from certain quarters at Rangers, we're becoming as bad as Celtic.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Surely we should just be concentrating on a UEFA Cup Final and forget everything else. Let other clubs worry about their own agenda's and let the SFA worry about their referee's. Gettin a bit fecked off with the whining from certain quarters at Rangers, we're becoming as bad as Celtic.

I would agree with that. icon14.gif

The decision regarding the fixtures has been made so it's time to move on. There is scope for annoyance at other parties as well as double standards in other issues but generally we should be concentrating on backing Rangers ahead of a tough run-in.

• SI Staff
So who else is going to the fanzones in Manchester and is there any kind of mini-meet?

I've given up hope of getting a ticket now so I'll be in one of the fanzones greeting

Originally posted by Goater666:

Im really tempted to visit the cash and carry load up my car with beer and head into the city tomorrow.

Would make a killing. icon_biggrin.gif

If your car is refrigerated, you certainly would...

Archived