The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh stop being like the fans down south and saying "aw naw hardly anyone goes regularly"

It's not just a massive game for Queens, it's a massive day for Dumfries. Can hardly berate them for going to the biggest game their town's football team has ever taken part in.

Originally posted by ibroxhero:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ibroxhero:

That man to the rescue \o/[

With a telephone it seems icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

buy that QOTS corner taker btw, he's been class at taking them icon_mad.gif

Boydy the hero of both domestic cup finals icon_cool.gif

not exactly the greatest performance, all credit to Queens for coming back from 2-0 to 2-2 to be honest, didn't really think they had it in them. Had us on the ropes at 2-2 as well, but just couldn't get another chance pretty much

ah well a domestic cup double, at least some consolation icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by tony_cfc:

honestly how s*** has Barry Ferguson become recently. He used to dominate games for you, now he looks as though he doesn't know what hes doing

Tbf at the end there, I think he wanted to give Fleck the goal. But yeah, he's past it.

Good game, really enjoyed it and hopefully Fleck gets more game play next season icon14.gif

honestly how s*** has Barry Ferguson become recently. He used to dominate games for you, now he looks as though he doesn't know what hes doing

been the story of this thread for the last few months, gone missing so much

He's such a passenger just now its unreal.

Boyd \o/ Please just **** off Kenny Miller rumours.

i remember the season when he score a about 20 gaols but that chance he had a 2-2 when he just miss kicked it was shocking

i thought at first the Kenny Miller stuff was just rumours and thats all but they seem to have picked up a helluva lot of pace. Daily Record said they expect him to tie up a deal not long after the cup final icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Jeebs:

4-3-3 with Naismith and Fleck either side of Boyd?

I'd have Beasley on the left and Naismith on the right, but seeing as Naismith is out for ages, give Fleck a shot on the right icon_biggrin.gif

We really must build this attack around Boyd, anything else is just stupid

Originally posted by Andy "Muzza" Murray:

Where is Flecks best position? Could he be the creative driving force we need?

I have only seen those goals from the youth cup final and his senior performances.

Think he can play up front, out wide and as the link up man. It's easy to get carried away, but from what I've seen of this kid, he could be something special - and I know Ter agrees icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi:

Lmao, almost total silence when McCulloch lifts the trophy.

Oh was he playing? Ah yeah, had that ridiculous tackle in the first few minutes didn't he.

Have to say as well, Boyd's challenge on the linesman was superb icon_biggrin.gif

the run he had to set up Ferguson was probably the most creative thing I've seen since Whittaker took that run on in the Sporting game and we all know where the ball ended up there icon_cool.gif

looked as if the fans were expectant every time he was getting on the ball as well, seemed to be a "what's he going to do" noise going round the Rangers fans icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

Fleck looked good when he came on. His driving run and setting up Ferguson is exactly what we've been lacking. Pity he wasn't ready for the return ball, although well played to Barry for trying to get the boy a goal.

Well played to Queens, they definitely gave us a big scare there.

• SI Staff

Another friendly confirmed today. We'll be playing Clyde away on Tuesday 22nd July.

Hardly surprising. Wouldn't shock me if a couple of our youngsters ended up going there on loan.

Credit to Queen of the South, we dominated the last 25 minutes of the first half and if we'd continued in that vein, could have had one of the most one sided cup finals ever. Credit to them for coming out fighting, and giving us a cracking cup final.

Winning was such a bittersweet feeling. The weather, Hampden, end of the season...it was a setting fit for celebrating a treble. icon_frown.gif

Think I found about the only seat in Hampden with a decent view as well.

Well done on the cup lads, fleck looks a bigger prospect than mcgeady was at that age, seems to be bit more powerful where ae mcgeady was all flair but was very light weight. Whats the chances of him going to paradise on a bos icon_wink.gif

TBH i was willing QOS on today hehe, but quality came through, Rangers look totally fecked, end of the season at long last.

Tell you what i'll give you Naylor and Donati for Fleck and Cuellar icon_wink.gif

well, we done the domestic cup double. after PLG not a bad season at all, especially when you take into consideration our euro run, and the ground we have made up on celtic.

lets just hope our lads have a good break, and rip through pre-season, hopefully involving the new blood such as fleck and furman, and hopefully they can push for starting spots.

we need a couple of signings, mainly to replace the duds and the players who just arent cutting it regularly (mcculloch, hemdani, burke to name a few) and keep hold of our best players.

Glad to scrape the win today obviously. We deserved more from this season than just the chuffing CIS Cup.

Was a decent enough game. Queens at least made a decent fist of it in the second half. Having a natural winger for the first time in about 3 months made a difference to the way we were able to create chances. Some of the passing going forward in the first half was kinda neat.

Was an odd atmosphere afterwards, not alot of triumphalism... more exhaustion! People seemed more chuffed that John Fleck got ten minutes than us actually winning the thing icon_biggrin.gif

Happy that we won! icon_biggrin.gif

Watched it in an Aberdeen fans pub and was receiving so much stick at 2-2 being the only Rangers fan. When Boyd scored, i stood up on my stool and told the rest of the pub where to put it in a fit of aggression. Just so relieved after the last few weeks! Fair to say i kept quiet the rest of the game and feared a bit for my safety icon_biggrin.gif

Surely lads were agreed now that Boydy is a key player and that Walter needs to use him, even if it involves changing the system. He even seems like hes working a bot harder off the ball and winning headers from long balls. Could even eventually become an effective lone striker?

John Fleck icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Great to see this boy! Went into bookies yesterday and asked for odds on him to score 100 rangers career goals and they told me they would not accept iticon_frown.gif Was unlucky not to score after captain invisible tried to hand him a goal. I dont want to get too excited lads....but this guy looks special!

Domestic Double, Last day SPL, UEFA Cup final. Not a bad season at all! Bring on next campaign and a few more signings

Boyd has been a key player for ages, Walter has just decided to play that meat taster Cousin ahead of him

we must change that formation next year, Boyd will never be a lone striker - but in 4-4-2, he will get you goals

if you have a player who can play in it, then keep it for Europe away days to be honest

I'd rather see us at least have a go at somebody at home in Europe - which means we need to buy creative players

Archived