The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if Boyd had scored in 7 seconds, I reckon we'd have thumped them easily - he didn't and we struggled

at least my hopes for tonight we were right though, Zeta's finishing was dire again icon_cool.gif you do have to wonder how bad the Montengrian league is if they are the Champions and with that keeper they have, although I was impressed with some outfield ones at Ibrox and in the game tonight (that No11 at Ibrox was certainly worth a look, dunno what he was tonight though) icon14.gif

think he was 11 tonight as well, either that or 10

• SI Staff

Was nothing special last night. Still not convinced with Darcheville or Beasley but they need time.

Just did enough and didn't look as if we were bothered with scoring as long as they didn't.

Efficient if uninspiring last night. As Ter said, they didnt look as if they thought they needed to score unless the opposition did, so were hardly adventurous. Given the standard of the opposition, it was an adequate performance only. Hard to judge JCD on last night's performance as it must be a lonley and hard shift playing alone up front away from home- I doubt if Boyd would have done any better, so the jury is still out.

I was really impressed with Thomson last night, best game I've seen him have in a Rangers shirt. He looked to have plenty of time, his passing was solid and worked really well with Ferguson and Hemdani.

Cuellar keeps impressing as well, reminds me of a solid version of Amo. Not overly impressed with the new attackers but more than happy to give them time.

Originally posted by Gary Toner:

FT : Levadia Tallinn 2-1 Red Star Belgrade

Red Star for us then. Tricky but winnable if we do the business at Ibrox.

lucky to get through as well didn't seem that great a team from what i've heard, but having said that neither did we home or away, this side will fancy their chances as much as we will, going to be tricky the home leg is key.

Originally posted by marc1873:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Seems Cousin is in Glasgow tonight for signing talks and a medical tomorrow...

you got a source for this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not exactly the best source, but there is a topic on FF with the same guys who said Cuellar was signing the day before he did (was staying in a Glasgow hotel like Cousin, his wife and Willie McLies are)

Originally posted by TM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marc1873:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Seems Cousin is in Glasgow tonight for signing talks and a medical tomorrow...

you got a source for this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not exactly the best source, but there is a topic on FF with the same guys who said Cuellar was signing the day before he did (was staying in a Glasgow hotel like Cousin, his wife and Willie McLies are) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah seen that on FF forums too, tried to go on TBO forums but cant remember log in.

Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you got a source for this?

Follow Follow icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not just that story... icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by McNeil:

Yeah seen that on FF forums too, tried to go on TBO forums but cant remember log in.

Are you in TBO....?

If not, it's only members we allow on our forums now unfortunately mate...

icon_smile.gif

hahaha icon_biggrin.gif

highlights were the bit when he has a mental over the "withdrawl over the Naismtih ban", the guard saying we have Thomas Gravesen and the girl crying and being told "don't worry dear, I'm sure Celtic will win the CIS Cup" icon_biggrin.gif

interestingly I've not seen that, must have not noticed it off FF or something

Daniel Cousin has completed his move to Ibrox and admits he can't wait to get his Rangers career off and running.

The 30 year-old striker put pen to paper on a three-year deal and could go straight into the squad for the match against St Mirren on Saturday.

And the former Lens man, who had moved for a fee in the region of 1.5 million Euros, is desperate to get started in a Light Blue shirt.

Speaking through a translator, he said: "I'm very happy to be a player for Rangers. I'm really glad to play with this club.

"It's an historic club - I feel very happy and very proud. I am not 100 percent fit but if the coach asks me to play this weekend I will play.

"I saw Ibrox earlier today and it is a fantastic stadium. I cannot wait to play there for the first time."

from the offical site

I'd have rather buying Naismith as I don't really know a lot about this guy, but welcome anyway - hopefully he can score some goals, seems to be strong and looks a tall guy icon14.gif

• SI Staff

I think all we need to do now is bring in Naismith before the transfer deadline and we'll have a pretty strong squad with a lot of competition for places. icon14.gif

I think theres probably enough competition for places without Naismith but if we manage to get that one sorted its a bonus.

How does this new Readycard work? I've got one but is it available for all areas of the stadium? And can you buy more than one ticket on the same Readycard? Like if I want to get a ticket for a mate who doesn't have one?

Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

Rangers really are despicable liars, or Murray more to the point.

"We wanted Naismith but he was out of our price range."

You must have spent nigh on £5m over the past feweek or so.

Despicable indeed! icon_biggrin.gif

It wasn't that we couldn't afford him (or Scott Brown for the matter). It was that we didn't think either player was worth the financial packages involved.

Naismith may well still happen though.

Originally posted by Frankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McNeil:

Are you in TBO....?

If not, it's only members we allow on our forums now unfortunately mate...

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was in it last year had signed up on it 2 years before and had been posting but just stopped icon_razz.gif more of a FF man now icon_razz.gif

Red Star Belgrade have sacked their coach five days before facing Rangers in the third qualifying round of the Champions League.

The Serbian outfit have parted company with Bosko Djurovski on the eve of their domestic league season.

He has been replaced with Milorad Kosanovic, who was coach of Red Star for just over a season before leaving in 1999.

Bit of a double edged sword that one. Could be bad news for us.

Originally posted by Andy "Muzza" Murray:

I really don't see why we signed Cousin, but oh well, hopefully he will be decent.

Poor Nacho icon_frown.gif

Cos we got messed around with Naismith.

Poor Novo nothing mate if he does the buisness he's in the team. Simple as.

Whats the big deal about Naismith? Aye he's a good wee player but I dont think the lad is anything special. If he was that good a player then more teams than just us and supposedly 2 other SPL teams would be interested. We just need to trust Walter and see what he can deliver this season.

Originally posted by GP1873:

Whats the big deal about Naismith?

In contrast to Cousins at least Naismith can develop into a smashing player, can play upfront and in midfield. How much better is a 30 year old Cousins going to get? Who didn't excatly have the best of times at Lens.

Have to agree with Obi. Cousin is supposed to have cost us around £1.5M. I'd never even heard of the guy before. It's not that I don't trust Walter, I just don't see why we couldn't just give Killie their £2M or whatever and have done with it. If you argue that Naismith isn't worth £2m then why the feck were we interested in the first place. You have to believe a player you are trying to sign is good enough to play and if he isn't why bother. And at least a player like Naismith would have a sell on value, Cousin is just money down the drain.

Of course he may prove us wrong. Lets hope so.

From Walters perspective, i can see why he done it, We need someone now to gel wiyh the team now. Cousin is the finished article and we-ll get 2-3 good years out of him.

If we do well in the CL and Naismith has a good season for Kilie i'd gladly have him for the 2-2.5 killie want, but not just now, IMO this year is too soon for him, give him another year of first team action for Killie.

FWIW i see him more as a replacement for Novo(who is off after this year) than Prso, IMO Cousin/JCD hav come in to fill dado's boots

Originally posted by GP1873:

Whats the big deal about Naismith?

i reckon he is the best young player in Scotland, and i'd love to see him at Rangers, but IMO this year is too soon for him, i still think another year of first team action with Killie will do him the world of good.

I reckon he's better than Charlie Adam or Chis Burke anyway.

Archived