The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">prononunced "koozan" though

that's correct, I also reckon he'll do really well for you if he gets enough games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was hounded out of Lens.

Cuellar has been immense again today. icon14.gif

Fantastic signing.

dismal 1st half where we hardly created anything, although St Mirren were keeping us at bay so credit to them

2nd half, we got the goal through Barry who is looking like he could get a few with where he is playing this year icon_cool.gif Beasley seemed quite lively as well and was taking on his man which is one thing I've been a bit worried about not seeing in pre-season icon14.gif

and Cousin came off the bench to score the 2nd which is always good on for a debut, defence seemed quite solid today when they were tested although I think the only way we'd have conceeded today would have been a mistake due to complancy from the defence

2 wins, 6 points, 2 clean sheets and top of the league, can't ask for more at the moment icon_cool.gif

Cracking chest down from McCulloch for Bazza's goal. The game was terrible today, first half it seemed as though no one wanted to take the ball and attempt anything with it. The second half was not great either although we did get the 2 goals. Looking for alot more from our players if im being honest. Darchville needs to start producing because from what I have seen of him he has been pretty dry. Cuellar is a cracking centre half and I cant see him staying in Scotland for very long, strolled through almost every game so far for us.

Originally posted by GP1873:

Cuellar is a cracking centre half and I cant see him staying in Scotland for very long, strolled through almost every game so far for us.

Hopefully he's well aware of what happened to the last foreign centre-half at Rangers who strolled through matches in Scotland and moved on quickly.

I felt quite sorry for Kris Boyd today, so close to a couple of goals again but the chances just aren't going in for him.

The volley that went over the bar could so easily have been a different story had he caught the ball just a fraction higher.

And the more the fans get on his back cos he's missing the worse its gonna get, his confidence will plummet and we'll end up with a striker who's nervous in front of goal.

Hope the big man gets a goal soon

Originally posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GP1873:

Whats the big deal about Naismith?

In contrast to Cousins at least Naismith can develop into a smashing player, can play upfront and in midfield. How much better is a 30 year old Cousins going to get? Who didn't excatly have the best of times at Lens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im annoyed than people are sticking the boot into the poor guy before even seeing him on the park, i was at Ibrox today to watch out 2-0 win and for the time he came on he was fantastic much better than anything ive seen Naismith do against us in the last couple of seasons, give the guy a chance and stop critisising the poor guy he deserves to be given a chance icon_mad.gif glad to see he got off to a scoring start and not even played much of the game, been put to 5/1 for top goalscorer hope you eat your words for that icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by McNeil:

he came on he was fantastic much better than anything ive seen Naismith do against us in the last couple of seasons.....

Ok, so you're judging a player's full ablity and potential based on 3 or 4 games played V us? Amazed you're not shouting for the signing of Ivan Sproule. By you're logic he's a must have. icon_rolleyes.gif

I said I would like to be proved wrong, and Cousins has started well, but one game won't make/brake anyone's season just yet. If you agree with that, then you can't rubbish Naismith over a couple of bad games he had.

Originally posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McNeil:

he came on he was fantastic much better than anything ive seen Naismith do against us in the last couple of seasons.....

Ok, so you're judging a player's full ablity and potential based on 3 or 4 games played V us? Amazed you're not shouting for the signing of Ivan Sproule. By you're logic he's a must have. icon_rolleyes.gif

I said I would like to be proved wrong, and Cousins has started well, but one game won't make/brake anyone's season just yet. If you agree with that, then you can't rubbish Naismith over a couple of bad games he had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've never seen nothing from Naismith watching him vs Celtic, or any other games I've seen of him to say hes worth £2.5M, he wouldn't get a game for us if you look at who he would need to compete with so walters decision to me was correct, maybe in a few year once he has matured but at the moment he isn't ready to play in the Champions League and play at our level

Originally posted by stevethedog:

From what I've seen of Novo in 2 games this season he has looked brilliant. Do you think he'll be struggling to get into the team now?

I ask because I've picked him in my dream team and have until end of August to punt him icon_wink.gif

yes he will struggle to get a first team place, i think he wont be a starter this season just a player who comes off the bench about the 60th or 70th minute. He will prefer to play Boyd and his new signings.

Originally posted by DrZed:

I felt quite sorry for Kris Boyd today, so close to a couple of goals again but the chances just aren't going in for him.

And the more the fans get on his back cos he's missing the worse its gonna get,

I don't get on the guys back because he is missing chances, i get on his back because he can't run, he can't win a ball in the air, he can't hold the ball up, he can't control a ball, he can't pass, he is awfully slow, he can't track back..

I'm actually wondering, when he is not scoring goals, what can he do?

Originally posted by Vidmar14:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DrZed:

And the more the fans get on his back cos he's missing the worse its gonna get,

I don't get on the guys back because he is missing chances, i get on his back because he can't run, he can't win a ball in the air, he can't hold the ball up, he can't control a ball, he can't pass, he is awfully slow, he can't track back..

I'm actually wondering, when he is not scoring goals, what can he do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he can generate a lot of debate on the FF boards icon_biggrin.gif I reckon we might be better not starting him on Tuesday as we are going to get to have to finish any sort of chances we make

not saying he can't do it when he's on form, but he just looks devoid of confidence

Boyd is just going through a wee bad patch of form. Can't be easy when the tactics and personnel beside him are changing so frequently.

Wasn't the best home to start the SPL season with but we improved a lot in the second half and deserved to win by a couple of goals. Once again we were solid enough defensively (Cuellar is some player!) and our midfield took a grip after our full backs realised they had to get forward more to match St Mirren's 5 in midfield.

Cousin did very well when he came on and, while I'm not a huge fan of squad rotation, all of these guys will play an important part over the coming weeks and months.

Encouraging, if not spectacular, start and a good result tomorrow night will continue to bolster our confidence.

icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Boyd is just going through a wee bad patch of form

Or, he could just be being found out that he's really not much use? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

His career goals record suggest differently... icon_wink.gif

No-one would deny his overall game isn't the best but the fella scores goals and that will never change. Like every striker does occassionally, he's going through a lean spell and there's no doubt his confidence is low but Boyd will continue to be an important part of the team this season.

If he doesn't - well, thankfully, we've got several alternatives to replace him.

I think once Boyd gets his first goal this season then many more will follow. He has had a few good chances to stick the ball away but it just hasnt happened yet. Like it said in the paper today, some team is going to suffer when Boyd gets those chances again because next time I'm pretty sure he will take them.

Oh and btw, is it just me or has Darcheville not impressed anyone yet? I know he has just come over from France and needs to settle but from what I have seen so far, the guy doesnt have much talent.

Originally posted by GingerFurball:

For my money, the 25 goals Boyd brings to the plate isn't enough.

The team played far better when Boyd was substituted.

If we have

Beasley : 5 goals

McCulloch : 5 goals

Ferguson : 10-15 goals

Cousin : 10-15 goals

JCD : 10-15 goals

Novo : 10 Goals

All contributing their own goals AND doing the buisness when i comes to actual play, do we really need Boyds 25 goals and nothing else?

Hately, McCoist and Rod Wallace, our last high tally goal scorers could all have played a Central midfield/ wing role not a problem IMO, stick Boyd there and he would struggle big time.

how often do you see a title being won with the top scorer getting 10-15 goals?

granted im sure its happened on more than one occasion, but it is definately not a common occurance.

boydy has been pish so far, but its a new season, with new team mates and it is difficult to settle. especially with his style of play.

im glad he has been dropped for tonights game, but when he starts scoring then we really need that sort of person.

Originally posted by underwater sunlight:

how often do you see a title being won with the top scorer getting 10-15 goals?

granted im sure its happened on more than one occasion, but it is definately not a common occurance.

boydy has been pish so far, but its a new season, with new team mates and it is difficult to settle. especially with his style of play.

im glad he has been dropped for tonights game, but when he starts scoring then we really need that sort of person.

nacho and dado did it helicopter sunday?

Archived