The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by marc1873:

and why the **** is this ****ing masterpiece of a game not on ****ing setanta the stupid bastards

certain amount of quota of games a season - Aberdeen V Celtic is the live game tomorrow

we are live next Saturday at 12.30 V Killie at Rugby Park though

SPL highlights on the BBC online from 6pm tomorrow, but I reckon Follow Follow will yield some youtube links at sometime

although Setanta's SPL round up is at 7.40, so I guess the goals are going to be shown there on Setanta Sports 1 - Rangers TV will probably show the game on Monday as they usually do

Felt a bit for Falkirk - so many of the rest of the SPL come to Ibrox or Parkhead and play boring, 10 men behind the ball football.

Falkirk came to play football, and fair play to them. I fear the result might discourage others from doing the same though, which would be disappointing as today's game was extremely enjoyable to watch - with BOTH teams contributing.

Latapy in particular continues to be a complete and utter joy to watch. Such a ffffffffffffffffb player.

completely agree, Falkirk are probably one of the most interesting teams to watch in the SPL and because they had a go at Ibrox, they got gubbed for it

I expect their fans won't be congratulating Hughes for it with the scoreline, but if more managers tried to do something at Ibrox/Parkhead, we'd probably see more interesting games - although with us winning 7-2, I can't see too many having a go for a while

Yeah good game today. Both teams played some excellent football and although Falkirk made us sweat a couple of times, eventually we took our chances and put the game beyond doubt.

Some fine individual performances but the team were superb today. The full backs stole the limelight from the central defence for a change and a fine debut display from Whittaker and a majestic game from Cousin means we continue to look as if we can do some damage this season.

Some tough matches now appearing on the horizon and it will be interesting to see how the team copes with the added pressure of an away game in Serbia and Ayshire (which I'm led to be believe are not too dissimilar in character)... icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by stevethedog:

I saw both Hutton and Whittaker started, who played where?

Hibs fans were always calling for Whitty to play RM but I always thought he was better as a masquarading full back.

Whitty played right mid. They looked like they'd played together for years - both were fantastic and our right side is going to be outstanding this season.

Incidentally, in the 3-3 game in April, I thought the best 2 players on the park that day were Whittaker and Hutton - and I'm pretty sure Whittaker was at right mid for you.

Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

generally the norm I'm afraid. tis a shame as he's a quality player.

Such a lazy **** though - said he couldn't physically play two games in one week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does make you wonder for what purpose he was signed , doesn't it?- and on a deal till 2008 as well!

Originally posted by underwater sunlight:

macgregor has pulled out of the scotland squad with a minor knee injury according to sky sports.

doubt he'd have played anyway but hopefully its only walter being over protective

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but he limped off on Saturday with an ankle injury, didn't seem that big a problem but good thing hes not in the squad not worth risking it and causing it to become a bad injury

Archived