The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by GingerFurball:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaronla:

so what's this skysports is reporting about a german club wanting ian murray?

I thought he was finished with his chronic athritis , especially since i haven't heard about about him all year.

Hopefully true, a complete waste of space in our squad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm not a fan of him myself, but his versatility has it's benefits, i mean we never did get a backup for papac at left back (assuming stevie smith is done), he could prove useful

Originally posted by aaronla:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaronla:

so what's this skysports is reporting about a german club wanting ian murray?

I thought he was finished with his chronic athritis , especially since i haven't heard about about him all year.

Hopefully true, a complete waste of space in our squad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm not a fan of him myself, but his versatility has it's benefits, i mean we never did get a backup for papac at left back (assuming stevie smith is done), he could prove useful </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't see Murray's woeful attempts at playing left back last season then?

Post script on the Falkirk match:

It was good to see that the 5 goals that the strikers scored on Sat were scored from close in by having bodies in the box- perhaps there is a lesson for the future about the benefits of playing 2 strikers?

P.S the first Falkirk goal was an absolute cracker- I doubt if you will see a cleaner strike this season.

• SI Staff

Watched the game on Rangers TV last night. I thought we played some really nice football at times (and so did Falkirk) and Hutton and Whittaker really linked up well on that right side. Lots of energy and look to have formed a good partnership already.

Was good to see us taking a lot of our chances when they came our way. Can't really complain about the first goal we lost, it was an awesome strike and the second goal took a bit of a weird deflection to put the guy through on goal. On another day we could possibly have scored even more!

Good to see teams come to Ibrox and have a go and try and play football, although they could end up getting a pounding icon_wink.gif

• SI Staff

Yeah, good move for him. He wasn't likely to get near our first team to be honest and we're limited with who we can put on the bench because of the U21 rules so probably best he gets some first team football elsewhere.

Good luck to him.

• SI Staff

We're probably looking for cover on the left side as we're a bit short on options there with only Sasa Papac, Ian Murray and Stevie Smith (injured) who can really play there. Kirk Broadfoot has been filling in there which doesn't say a lot for where Ian Murray fits in to Walter Smith's plans so I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.

To prove myself wrong before anyone else does.

WALTER SMITH has insisted that Stevie Smith is on the way back to full fitness and will return to the Rangers top team.

The manager was quizzed at today's AGM by one shareholder who said there were rumours that the young full back might not play again.

Smith believes his namesake is making good progress after such a long period out with a pelvic problem.

He said today: "It is not easy for any player that has been out for the length of time Steven has and Thomas Buffel is in a similar situation as well.

"But in Steven's case we have been extra careful about him coming back as he is a young player and he had one or two problems that have plagued him throughout his career.

"We are trying make sure that he is back to full fitness and he will rejoin training in the next two or three weeks all going well.

"But he has plenty of time to make sure everything settles down and I have no doubts he will be back playing again."

So maybe 2 months and he'll be back in the fold.

Really sorry this is completely off topic BUT wondered if you could help me.

Gretna vs Motherwell this weekend I understand is being played at Motherwell's ground. Who would be the better side out of the two???

Ok well Motherwell were Evens with Ladbrokes, crazy price considering they're the better side and at home.

If anyone is a betting man they should be more like 2/5 imo.

Thanks for the help

Originally posted by FrazT:

Smith has confirmed interest in Portsmouth defender Dejan Stankovic- which position does he play? Surely not another DC?

Got the spelling wrong there! -no wonder I couldnt see where he was going to fit into the defence, this one is an AM!

Good luck to the lad, useful in a number of positions but not great anywhere, maybe if he gets the chance to stay and play in one position then he may be useful for Norwich.

See Osasuna are interested in Hemdani, I hope he doesn't go as I like him

WS has rejected the notion of Hemdani moving. For now. Still don't think the manager fancies him hugely, but we'd be awful short in the centre of midfield were we to shift him at the moment.

Intelligent, disciplined, admirable player, but I'd imagine WS would eventually look to bring in someone more robust and, dare I say, dirty to supplement the relative guile of Ferguson and Thomson.

Would be amazed if the Sun Tan Man got anything more than £750k for Hemdani. The man is spectacularly inept.

Since January, we've let a French international, Czech international and Scottish international leave for a combined total of circa £70k, yet Celtic have managed to offload Craig Beattie for £1m.

Clown.

another day, another SPL game

Killie at Rugby Park starts at 12.30 on Setanta Sports 1

Rangers team: McGregor, Hutton, Weir, Cuellar, Papac, Whittaker, Ferguson, Thomson, Beasley, Boyd, Cousin

Novo and McCulloch out, Boyd and Beasley in

quite a boring game so far, some nice touches but nothing to provide that breakthrough

good shots from Naismtih and Invicible calling McGregor into action, good shots from Whittaker and Boyd calling Combe into action

Cousin off at HT due to the Killie clogging, Darcheville on

Archived