25 CARROLL Roy

42 SHINNIE Andrew

43 FLECK John

19 DARCHEVILLE Jean-Claude

18 NAISMITH Steven

10 NOVO Nacho

27 MCCULLOCH Lee

Look at all the attackers on the bench ffs icon_biggrin.gif

im not sure whats going on, its a very strange bench. Surely we should have at least one defender on the bench no matter what. Whittaker can always drop back if need be but still, id have one on the bench.

We have too many attacking players to keep happy now. we have 5 on the bench and more not on the bench. gonna be impossible to keep them all happy. And i really feel for hemdani, he was excellent again for us against red star and rarely lets us down. Hell be far from happy just playing european games.

pretty boring match so far, Boyd deflected goal reflecting how much we've done

think a few are thinking too far ahead to later in the month and Ally/Walter better tell them to just forget it and get the 3pts secured icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by McD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathhead:

i dont see why walter doesnt use a young gk to use up one of the u 21 spaces.

Has to be three outfield u-21s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh, sorry, excuse my ignorance.

• SI Staff

I think we're looking quite healthy now with the squad we have. A lot of good exciting young players now...

01 Allan MCGREGOR (GK) - 25 - SCO

02 Alan HUTTON (D R) - 22 - SCO

03 David WEIR (D C) - 37 - SCO

04 Thomas BUFFEL (F C) - 26 - BEL

05 Sasa PAPAC (D L) - 27 - BOS

06 Barry Ferguson (M C) - 29 - SCO

07 Brahim HEMDANI (M C) - 29 - ALG

08 Kevin THOMSON (M C) - 22 - SCO

09 Kris BOYD (S) - 24 - SCO

10 Nacho NOVO (S) - 28 - ESP

11 Charlie ADAM (AM) - 21 - SCO

12 Ugo Ehiogu (D C) - 34 - ENG

14 Amdy FAYE (M C) - 30 - SEN

15 Alan GOW (AM) - 24 - SCO

16 Graeme SMITH (GK) - 24 - SCO

17 Chris BURKE (AM R) - 23 - SCO

18 Steven NAISMITH (F LRC) - 20 - SCO

19 Jean-Claude DARCHEVILLE (S) - 31 - FRA

20 DaMarcus BEASLEY (AM) - 25 - USA

21 Kirk BROADFOOT (D C) - 23 - SCO

22 Andy WEBSTER (D C) - 25 - SCO

24 Carlos CUELLAR (D C) - 26 - ESP

25 Roy CARROLL (GK) - 29 - NIR

26 Steven SMITH (D L) - 22 - SCO

27 Lee MCCULLOCH (AM) - 29 - SCO

28 Steven WHITTAKER (M R) - 23 - SCO

29 Daniel COUSIN (S) - 30 - GAB

Got so many options now with a few of the above being a bit versatile as well...

icon14.gif

• SI Staff

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Carroll

Whittaker Cuellar Ehiogu Papac

Burke Hemdani Faye Beasley

Darcheville Cousin

</pre>

Not a bad second team either. Had to use Whittaker again though icon_frown.gif

Meanwhile, Naismith admits he had resigned himself to staying at Rugby Park.

"As the day progressed, I did not think it was going to happen," he told BBC Sport.

"I was heading for my bed at 11 o'clock and, by five past 11, I was in my car and we made it with a couple of minutes to spare."

See, I was right icon_wink.gif

Nice to see Cuellar win player of the month, he'll have a few more of those if he keeps up his current form.

Originally posted by Ter:

I think we're looking quite healthy now with the squad we have. A lot of good exciting young players now...

01 Allan MCGREGOR (GK) - 25 - SCO

02 Alan HUTTON (D R) - 22 - SCO

03 David WEIR (D C) - 37 - SCO

04 Thomas BUFFEL (F C) - 26 - BEL

05 Sasa PAPAC (D L) - 27 - BOS

06 Barry Ferguson (M C) - 29 - SCO

07 Brahim HEMDANI (M C) - 29 - ALG

08 Kevin THOMSON (M C) - 22 - SCO

09 Kris BOYD (S) - 24 - SCO

10 Nacho NOVO (S) - 28 - ESP

11 Charlie ADAM (AM) - 21 - SCO

12 Ugo Ehiogu (D C) - 34 - ENG

14 Amdy FAYE (M C) - 30 - SEN

15 Alan GOW (AM) - 24 - SCO

16 Graeme SMITH (GK) - 24 - SCO

17 Chris BURKE (AM R) - 23 - SCO

18 Steven NAISMITH (F LRC) - 20 - SCO

19 Jean-Claude DARCHEVILLE (S) - 31 - FRA

20 DaMarcus BEASLEY (AM) - 25 - USA

21 Kirk BROADFOOT (D C) - 23 - SCO

22 Andy WEBSTER (D C) - 25 - SCO

24 Carlos CUELLAR (D C) - 26 - ESP

25 Roy CARROLL (GK) - 29 - NIR

26 Steven SMITH (D L) - 22 - SCO

27 Lee MCCULLOCH (AM) - 29 - SCO

28 Steven WHITTAKER (M R) - 23 - SCO

29 Daniel COUSIN (S) - 30 - GAB

Got so many options now with a few of the above being a bit versatile as well...

icon14.gif

Half of that squad is under 25, that is a very good sign for the years to come

Sure is considering the team Walter left. I think we will handle injuries better than any other club in the SPL. Be interesting how the squad is used over the season.

Aye, bit of a poor game today but 3 points nonetheless and one can't complain too much.

Couple of fine headed goals, JCD continues to impress and a MoM debut from Andy Webster. Gretna actually played some nice fitba at times but never really looked like scoring. The wee fella who played in the hole (#28) looked a decent player and caused a few problems. No support though and Kevin Thomson usually got the ball off him eventually.

Good to see Naismith sign at last and I think for the first time in 5 years we have the kind of squad required to challenge for titles and win trophies again. We've made a good start and if we can continue to be solid at the back, score goals and utilise the whole squad, we won't be far off next May.

• SI Staff
Half of that squad is under 25, that is a very good sign for the years to come

Yeah it sure is. The good thing about the future is that hopefully we should get some stability to the team, work well together as a unit the more they play together and learn from the more experienced players.

We should also be able to spend a bit more money on 'special' players rather than bringing in a lot of players.

I'd expect us to make the Webster move permanent at some point but I don't think we'll do the same with Faye. Think he's just here for cover.

I got to admit, when i heard Walter was comming back i thought it was a mistake.

Glad to say it looks like i'll be proved wrong.

He has in less than a year already built a team that looks capable of going places, and lasting for the long term.

Only big Weir and JCD and Cousin the wrong side of 30. But the 3 of them are clearly class acts.

Ferguson and McCulloch not far off it but still have so much to offer.

As for the likes of Hutton, McGregor, Webster, Cuellar, Whittaker, Thomson, Naismith, Boyd, Beasley could play for us for a good 5years + and all have so much to offer.

For me Cousin yesterday showed 2-3 times with a few turn and runs that he is a class apart in the SPL, and will be a great asset. JCD showed this when comming on at Killie last week.

With Celtic selling Kenny Miller, although not prolific, he had his attributes, mainly pace and hustling defenders, i feel they will miss him, they really lack pace up front now.

With Riorden out of favour and Killen a good bench player, they are relying alot on MacDonald.

I think up front we have added 2 class acts, JCD and Cosuin will be hard work for any team such is thier strengh and pace, i look forward to watching them in future.

As for yesterday a bit of a dull game but we horsed what loooked like a tidy team, they were just over powered in the end. Webster and Cuellar storming in to meet good deliverys in the area, proves we will be hard to handle at set peices IF we can get the delivery right.

As far as the CL is concerned, i don't think we'll qualify, but for the priority is the SPL, and our group of players will learn so much from these 6 games, meaning we can come back hopefully stronger than next year icon_cool.gif

Looking forward to each game now.

Archived