The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

Liking the sound of Sos Cagon Rangers style. Hopefully get a shot at Ibrox.

Link

Was played befpre the game and at half-time on Saturday...

Pretty good but trying to get the rest of the stadium joining into the good work of TBO is pretty difficult at the best of times - never mind trying to learn the words of a new song.

Probably become part of the away support first with a bit of luck.

i think for the first time this season, i am happy that we CAN win the SPL, rather than just being ambitious and hoping for it.

some good signings, especially naisy, and our defence looking stronger than they have looked since amo and oz were kicking lumps out of everything.

only concern really is the numbers up front. we have a lot of players fighting for spots and i do worry that this may pose a few problems, but i reckon it is going to be a rewarding season

Originally posted by GingerFurball:

I'm delighted with the numbers up front.

It puts pressure on the strikers to deliver. In the past, certain players have lived in a comfort zone at Ibrox. This won't happen this season, which can only benefit the team.

yeah i agree, i'm delighted with our squad now. I think it's the best we;ve had in years. I like the fact that we have an abundance of strikers, especially with Cousin and Darcheville who are a bit up there in age. It's good for Naismith so he can develop, while letting the more experienced guys handle more of a load. Novo and Naismith can also be deployed as wingers if need be right?

I just feel bad for Gow, i'm guessing Walter didn't expect Murray to give him much cash, so he went with the free option.

What do you guys think will be the preferred upfront pairing for euro games?

Darcheville confuses me. He's so bloody fat, and a bit old, yet he looks kinda fast and hardworking. Maybe it's just the way he can kind of charge his way past players or something, it baffles me.

Good chance it's going to come down to goal difference between us this season, I think. The other SPL sides look so hapless.

JCD is a lengend. Dunno what it is about the guy, but he's just a great player.

Whilst I would say we have put together our strongest squad since the Advocaat era - it wouldn't be difficult tbh - I'm not yet sticking my neck out and saying we'll win the title, been there way too many times. Once we see how the first OF games goes, then I'll decide.

I'm not convinced with Celtic though, despite a couple of decent signings, I think they are a team riding a fair percentage of luck. The fact is though, as deek says, the SPL is atrocious now. I don't think one single team has significantly strenghtened their squads and the only team who might come anywhere near the OF is Hibs, but they tend to blow it.

There is also no excuse in that the OF bought their players - they also gave them a fair bit of dosh for those players. Whilst both OF sides are making progress on the European front, the rest of the sides are going backwards totally. Dunfermline couldn't even beat some side I'd never even heard of, and I expect Aberdeen to get murdered.

It will be an interesting season for OF fans, for the rest it will be same as usual, battling for mediocrity with no ambition shown at all.

Originally posted by deerokus:

Darcheville confuses me. He's so bloody fat, and a bit old, yet he looks kinda fast and hardworking. Maybe it's just the way he can kind of charge his way past players or something, it baffles me.

Good chance it's going to come down to goal difference between us this season, I think. The other SPL sides look so hapless.

Aye, so bloody fat indeed... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Guy has the physique of a body-builder, not Neil Lennon...

Originally posted by Gunner 101:

Adda Djeziri?

Anyone know anything about him, see him play at all whilst he was with you last season?

Seen the lanky chap in the youth team a couple of times last year. Looked a reasonable player but didn't win a longer term deal unfortunately...

Likes to get forward from wider positions.

Originally posted by Frankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gunner 101:

Adda Djeziri?

Anyone know anything about him, see him play at all whilst he was with you last season?

Seen the lanky chap in the youth team a couple of times last year. Looked a reasonable player but didn't win a longer term deal unfortunately...

Likes to get forward from wider positions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay cheers.

Do you have any idea how he will do in The Championship with us? (Leicester)

Impossible to tell from a few matches in our reserve leagues mate.

I'd have thought he was one for the future as opposed to a player who'll make an immediate impact.

icon_smile.gif

Okay, thanks anyway.

We have him for the season, so I take it we want to get a good look at him before we decide to try and buy him.

Thought that the Gers boys showed up well on Saturday for Scotland.

Hutton was pretty solid altho he was better going forward in the first half than he was defending in the second half.

Weir again showed what a competent defender he is and that age is no alternative to experience. Good to note that he was 6 years older than the ref!

McCulloch was quiet but did a lot of unseen work off the ball and did it well.

Boyd took his goal brilliantly and actually worked very hard- he didnt have a lot of chances but deserved his place altho I am not sure if he will play against France where they will almost certainly play 4-5-1.

McGregor was faultless and didnt put a foot wrong- yes he didnt actually play but we have to give credit where it is due!.

Thought Hutton and Weir were both solid. Hutton's distribution was very good I thought but, like you say, he could have got forward a bit more at times.

McCulloch was no worse than any of the other midfielders who were all average. None of them really imposed themselves on the game and that's why I actually gave my own MoM to Kris Boyd. Thought he led the line superbly well and while he should have scored a second goal, he took the opener very well and generally worked very hard throughout the game.

As usual with certain employees at the club, they had to get involved and change certain elements of the submitted version which, IMO, made it lose it's initial charm.

I quite like it but I doubt it will take off as not enough people at home games really want to sing - no matter the song.

I just wanted to see if you would answer icon_wink.gif

Look we have plenty of traditional songs, great songs with great lyrics. Sure some are old but they are beautiful, they enshrine players long gone perhaps but thats not the point, they can be adapted. Or do we not have any heroes anymore?

Mind you trying to fit Carlos Cuellar into the place of Willie Waddell might not be so easy icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gunner 101:

Adda Djeziri?

Likes to get forward from wider positions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rangers din't want to pay what BK FREM wanted for him, so he returned to BK FREM, and now loaned to you Leicester

Originally posted by Gary Toner:

From memory it's £100 + vat per head ran by braveheart promotions. Strangely it's no longer on the official website.

Supposed to be on Sunday, October 7th at the Hilton.

Might have been removed from the official RFC site because of the slight clash with the Charity Ball in early November...?

McGregor

Hutton Weir(Capt) Cuellar Papac

Whittaker Faye Thomson Beasley

Cousin Boyd.

is the team - I'm going for a win, but it's never easy at Tynecastle icon14.gif

I guess Baz is getting a rest on the bench due to the Scotland game on Saturday, although I'd rather play Hemdani than Faye with Europe just a few days away

well Scotland game on Wednesday, not Saturday icon_biggrin.gif

Frail is a knob btw, had a listen to the conversation he had about that dirty wee Lithuanian cheat at his club - "if it had been a Rangers or Celtic player diving for their clubs, the media would have said nothing"

it was against Scotland and almost cost us 3pts? must have Vlad's gun to his back to defend Vlad's son icon13.gif

Frail is a knob btw, had a listen to the conversation he had about that dirty wee Lithuanian cheat at his club - "if it had been a Rangers or Celtic player diving for their clubs, the media would have said nothing"

it was against Scotland and almost cost us 3pts? must have Vlad's gun to his back to defend Vlad's son

Nah, Frail's just dirty wee scumbag tbh.

Embarrassing.

Nothing else to be said about that first half, absolutely shocking stuff. Cuellar not looking great today icon_frown.gif

Hearts going down VERY easily though but deserve the lead.

Need to change it up at half time.

Tempted to say Ferguson, JCD and Naismith all on at half time but bit risky.

Cousin has been abysmal in my opinion, he can't even beat Tall ffs icon_biggrin.gif I don't even think I've heard Faye's name mentioned so that shows you what I think of his "performance" - should have given him a cup game or something, not a game against Hearts at Tynecastle as an SPL debut

Baz for Faye, JCD/Naismith/Novo for Cousin (take your pick tbh, I expect all 3 will do more than he has) I reckon Weir/Cuellar have had their drinks spiked or something, both have looked shaky and just not right in that first half icon_frown.gif

and it didn't help that both Hearts goals would have been saved by McGregor, but were deflected

Archived