The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

strange one here.... icon_biggrin.gif

Sky One is to show coverage of the initial stages of the Champions League for the first time.

Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Rangers and Celtic have all qualified for the group stages, with a match featuring one of the British teams being shown on Wednesday nights.

The first game on Sky One will be Rangers v Stuttgart on September 19, which will also be available on Sky One HD in high definition.

Sky Sports will air the other two Wednesday matches, with Sky digital viewers able to view all eight games via the interactive red button service. Coverage of further rounds will be considered if any of the British teams are successful in getting to the next rounds of the competition.

I guess using it for the British teams is a good idea as the English teams are likely to be on Sky Sports so us and Celtic will more than likely be the ones on Sky One

obviously people with Virgin media are not going to be happy though as they can't get Sky Sports interactive stuff and they also don't have Sky One and I guess Sky One viewers will be a bit annoyed as football is invading the schedules for a few hours

don't really care though as I have Sky anyway, so I can watch the game icon_cool.gif

Apparantly Barry is struggling to make it in time having aggravated an injury in training - would be pretty ironic considering 'resting' him for this match probably cost us three points.

I don't think we'll lose - assuming we play as we were before the Hearts fiasco.

play like we did against Hearts in that first half and we will be humped

Cuellar and Weir are going to have to be in good form as well, probably Carlos' worst game I've seen for Rangers on Saturday. Stuttgart won the Bundesliga last year and have some class strikers players in Gomez, Ewerthon, Marica and Cacau plus a good creative midfielder in Basturk so we are probably going to have problems at the back.,

I think we can cause them problems though and they don't have Hildebrand in goal now icon_cool.gif always got to optmisitc, so I'm going for a 2-1 Gers win, like we did to them a few years ago at Ibrox icon14.gif

team announced:

McGregor

Hutton

Cuellar

Weir

Papac

Whittaker

Ferguson

Hemdani

Adam

Thomson

Darcheville

Subs

Carroll

Boyd

Novo

Beasley

Broadfoot

Cousin

Faye

Hemdani and Adam are going to be so rusty icon_frown.gif 4-5-1 at home in Europe, not a surprise but I'd have liked to have been a bit more attacking

where is Naismith as well? icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by TM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy "Muzza" Murray:

Has Allan Gow even made the bench for us this season?

guy's grandparents died in the last few months I think, don't really think he's up to football currently </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh right hadn't heard about that. hope the lad can get back soon and try and get into the team.

Just saw this on BBC site.

"Now call me a pessimist, but Rangers are likely to finish bottom of their group anyway, so why only play one up top at home against the next best team in the group. Where is the ambition? Where?"

Jamie Lafferty, in Glasgow, via text

Completely agree. Where is the ambition, we're at home ffs icon_mad.gif Better to be pummelled with two strikers than one.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

What a ridiculous line up. Adam icon_confused.gif I thought we're freed him.

he got a 5 year contract at the back of last season icon_biggrin.gif

and I wanted to see some ambition, but I'm not surprised - probably do absolutely nothing on the road, so we need the points at Ibrox

not bad, Adam done better than I expect and JCD/Baz look a good partnership at the moment icon14.gif

need to try and create some more though, I thought their keeper could possibly be a weak point - although we are being a bit silly at the back at times, have to keep concentration to the max

Archived