The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yas \o/ icon_cool.gif

I still say 4-5-1 doesn't work, but who cares icon_biggrin.gif JCD icon_cool.gif and two of Hutton's runs changed the game completely

didn't really think a lot of Stuttgart if I'm honest, pretty much got a jammy goal and seemed to just have crappy long range shots that were going nowhere

****ING GET IN!!!!

Was watching it an outdoor pub on a big screen throughout. Stuttgart score - Cue the solitary voice German bloke at the front centre cheering his beloved side. Then a score of eyes circling him in a "wtf is this eejit doing?" manner.

He left immediately when full time was called icon_biggrin.gif

Hutton and JCD were superb.

Novo had a fffb cameo.

Cuellar swayed from the immaculate to rash.

Faye shouldn't be playing football.

ffffffffffffb!

no arrogance here btw, as we weren't really that good - but if Stuttgart are Bundesliga champions, how gash is that league? icon_redface.gif

I reckon they are going to get utterly scroted by Barcelona and Lyon will probably win as well against them. We'll get our baws booted by Barcelona, but at least we've got a win icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by TM:

no arrogance here btw, as we weren't really that good - but if Stuttgart are Bundesliga champions, how gash is that league? icon_redface.gif

I reckon they are going to get utterly scroted by Barcelona and Lyon will probably win as well against them. We'll get our baws booted by Barcelona, but at least we've got a win icon_cool.gif

The Bundesliga is great. Guess they had a moment like we did on Sat.

they had some nice passing moments, but really did lack penetration

their goal was a jammy flick of the boot from a dangerous cross that Gomez had no idea about - when we were actually attacking, they didn't look that clever at all and it showed with us getting the goals

I watch the Bundesliga as much as I can and I admit it's a good league, but Stuttgart are the Champions and their performance could have probably been described as average tonight which doesn't look good on Germany - of course it could be a blip, but they've had a slow start to the league I hear anyway

Great result and a deserved win IMO. icon_cool.gif

Other than 5 mins at the start and end of the first half, we coped well with the Stuttgart attack. Our reaction to going behind was quite magnificent and the first goal one of the best I've seen us score in a while. After a poor game on Saturday we really showed some character tonight and I thought we controlled the game in the second half.

Thought Ferguson was outstanding and it's this kind of performance that shows how valuable he is to Rangers and Scotland. Hutton was back on form and his runs for both goals were fantastic. Indeed, he looked the one player with the extra fitness capable of breaking the German's down.

Up front, well what else can be said about JCD. A combination of Mols' comfort on the ball and Mark Hateley's physical strength means I wish we'd signed him many years sooner!

Let's hope we can build on this result both in Europe and domestic terms.

PS: Why was Miera not sent off?

PPS: Our support were outstanding. Bouncy!

PS: Why was Miera not sent off?

I thought he had booked before the pen so I was surprised as well, bit like Neilson on Saturday actually

the tackle for the penalty was hilarious though, I think Meira is a Portugese international as well? seemed a very stupid tackle to make when you knew the ref was going to give a pen

• SI Staff

Hutton was fantastic tonight. Deserves all the praise he gets.

Thought Thomson and Whittaker were a bit poor. Were caught on the ball too many times, but that is something that will come with experience playing at that level.

Despite Adam's goal, I thought he was poor overall and didn't offer enough. Surprised people are getting on Beasley's back as well. He's not been that bad. More good than bad IMO.

Anyway, great result and three points in the bag.

Was looking at train times for the Rangers vs Hibs game and the useless bastards at National Rail have stopped late trains to England/Newcastle/London. I hope it's just due to the transfer of the East Coast Mainline and not permanent as I'd be peeved off if I had to race from Ibrox for the 17:00 train at Central.

Goals on youtube yet?

Originally posted by AndyJ:

Whittaker was poor and I don't think he is good enough to be in the side just now

I don't agree - he played really well and was a growing influence in the game up until he missed that chance, after that his head was gone

Great performance in a game that we didnt look like getting anything from afetr they scored. Hutton was terrific and Fergie again showed what he can do on the big stage. I thought that McGregor's save with his feet in the second half was the turning point. Despite his goal, I am not yet convinced about Adam as he doesnt offer enough apart from his goals.

Never mind, 3 points is a good start in a very tough group.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Adam's goal was world class, brilliant play from Hutton. I have thing though about Hutton, he makes runs like that but is he somehow to scared to finish off with a goal?

haha i know exactly what you mean, it's like hes too scared to fin ish off the run by going for the jugular - His movement becomes more cautious and less almost less fleuent than what it was at the start of the run.

Aslong as he keeps his composure at the end of the run like he did last night then i dont mind icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

Originally posted by Crazy_T:

Rangers mates, how is Carlos Cuéllar getting on?

Was doing extremely well up until the last couple of games. Didn't play well against Hearts and made one or 2 errors last night as well.

Seems to be 'too' confident in possession at times and, when he's struggling, needs to keep it simple instead of always looking too play a pass. Defend first, play football later.

I still thought last night (and against Hearts as well actually), he still made some important challenges and he just needs to cut out the over ambitious stuff and he'll retain his fine overall form.

Originally posted by Frankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crazy_T:

Rangers mates, how is Carlos Cuéllar getting on?

Was doing extremely well up until the last couple of games. Didn't play well against Hearts and made one or 2 errors last night as well.

Seems to be 'too' confident in possession at times and, when he's struggling, needs to keep it simple instead of always looking too play a pass. Defend first, play football later.

I still thought last night (and against Hearts as well actually), he still made some important challenges and he just needs to cut out the over ambitious stuff and he'll retain his fine overall form. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amoruso mark 2??

Much as I loved Amo, I feel Cuellar is in a different class. Yes he has made a couple of blunders recently, but for instance the one where McGregor had to make the save with his leg I felt was just unlucky.

Amo thought he could play football which was his biggest undoing icon_wink.gif

Archived