The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Pickles:

i've got a ticket for the Old Firm game at Ibrox \o/ I'm a Celtic "fan" (only cos I'm Catholic). Think I'm gonna be in with the prawn sandwich brigade as me and dad have been invited by the bloke in charge of publishing Scotland's newspapers icon_cool.gif

doubt it, the media will be hoping their "beloved" team wins icon14.gif and by beloved, I mean the one you support

• SI Staff

Aye, good to see Naismith getting a start. Looks like he'll be up front with Cousin.

Sad to see Novo not getting a chance as well after all his hard work as sub when he's been required.

0-0 at HT and not really a lot to talk about, more to talk about in Edinburgh today icon_biggrin.gif

"best goalkeeper in the world" fumbles twice and Hibs win 3-2, the incentive to go top is there, but we MUST win and we need something better from the 2nd half here icon_mad.gif

Good to see Hibs win would be great if they could actually put up a challenge over the long term but we all know they'll go and get gubbed 5-0 next week.

wasn't really a surprise to see Caley win 2-1 against Hearts yesterday was it? icon_wink.gif

and that sounded like a stunning goal from McCulloch icon_biggrin.gif

Sweet had to drive last week trying to keep radio Scotland on the Radio for the hearts game, this makes up for it, that and the midweek game icon_wink.gif

Tell you what, thats a good few mil of Tics

Goalie's Value, cost them two goals. icon_razz.gif

excellent 2nd half performance, but that seems to sum us up since the start of the season tbh icon_biggrin.gif

Naismith was brilliant, unfortunate he got hacked by the freak though, got his goal though icon14.gif

can't wait to see McCulloch's goal as well, top of the league again icon_cool.gif

McCulloch's strike was really sweet, from some distance too, but Naismith's was possibly better. Showed the things we know he's capable of: directness, trickery, composure.

Had to sit through all the Hibs, Celtic analysis to see the goals.... magic icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah good win today.

After a very disappointing day last Saturday it's actually turned out to be a superb week. We started slowly today but upped the pace after half-time, scored the second goal at a good time and ran out easy winners in the end.

Cuellar back to his best alongside the ever composed Weir and I thought Papac was superb alongside them - Hutton being a bit quieter than usual.

Midfield did OK - nothing spectacular other than McCulloch's half-volley heaven. Naismith had a fine second half and it was a pleasure to watch his overall play. Finds gaps well, has a good touch, excellent strength for his size and his goal WAS better than McCulloch's.

Didn't think we'd be back at the top so quickly but seems as if the Hearts result has given us the kick up the arse we maybe needed. Come on the bears!

Tee hee.

Originally posted by stabwest:

just saw Hibs 1st icon_biggrin.gif and Boruc dancing around for there 1st like a right pleb

He's no Michael Jackson is he? icon_biggrin.gif

What is it with the limp-wristed action? Maybe he was giving the Green Bridage some tips on brush strokes or something.

Originally posted by Frankie:

Maybe the Irish station are having a SPL highlight moratorium given today's result at Edinburgh...? icon_wink.gif

you should have heard Keevins on Radio Clyde when the Rangers game was at HT, he sounded like he was giving a eulogy at a funeral icon_biggrin.gif his voice was so mournful and he was saying stuff like "why are Celtic bringing on Riordan on 88 minutes when the game is lost" - was trying to tempt a comeback, but it never came icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by TM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Maybe the Irish station are having a SPL highlight moratorium given today's result at Edinburgh...? icon_wink.gif

you should have heard Keevins on Radio Clyde when the Rangers game was at HT, he sounded like he was giving a eulogy at a funeral icon_biggrin.gif his voice was so mournful and he was saying stuff like "why are Celtic bringing on Riordan on 88 minutes when the game is lost" - was trying to tempt a comeback, but it never came icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hugh Keevins icon_eek.gif theres a blast from the past

It’s just not the same without Hugh. Chick is class as well. Better than the yeridean or something that was interviewing Arthur after the Celtic game. He was basically asking “so why were you so pish today†and then went on to cast doubts on his place in the team……..I was waiting for him to ask if he was joining Magic and big Bobo in the place time forgot….

Archived