The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

And the manager, we'll if he's going to ontinue with this 4-5-1 in the SPL, he knows where the front door is, he can use it.

I just don't understand his obession tbh. It's fair enough against the likes of decent teams like Barca and Lyon, it's possibly acceptable against Celtic - but only because we won it tbh - it's totally not acceptable against the rest of the SPL. I really don't know what's going through Walter's mind. However, the players have to take a good hard look that themselves because that performance was nothing short of disgraceful, in more ways than one.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Novo at least showing that he cares Cool and the guy was diving about anyway

Totally irrelevant. Novo's reaction was out of order, if that had been Boruc we had have been calling for him to be strung up. There's no excuse for it, you just show you're better by walking away.

And I mean lets face it, it's not as if Novo's never dived in his career icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Novo at least showing that he cares Cool and the guy was diving about anyway

Totally irrelevant. Novo's reaction was out of order, if that had been Boruc we had have been calling for him to be strung up. There's no excuse for it, you just show you're better by walking away.

And I mean lets face it, it's not as if Novo's never dived in his career icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honest opinion from a Orc.. I mean, Rangers fan icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Number 7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Novo at least showing that he cares Cool and the guy was diving about anyway

And I mean lets face it, it's not as if Novo's never dived in his career icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honest opinion from a Orc.. I mean, Rangers fan icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go away you little trumpet.

Doesnt you're current warning make you want to engage that brain of yours.

Originally posted by Number 7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

You really need to grow up.

I'm only playing with you guys. icon_biggrin.gif

Just really happy like you were when you absolutely demolished us 3-0. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't remember posting utter pish in the Celtic thread at the time.

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Number 7:

+ I seriously think it was a good honest opinion.

Well trot off to your thread and stop that Orc pish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you can't take a little laugh? I'm pretty sure you'd be on a high-fly if you guys went top of the league due to Celtic losing 2-1 to Dundee UTD after a shocking performance at Tannadice.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Number 7:

You really need to grow up.

I'm only playing with you guys. icon_biggrin.gif

Just really happy like you were when you absolutely demolished us 3-0. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't remember posting utter pish in the Celtic thread at the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats you. I just like a little bit of banter and a wee laugh.

I'll start posting sensibly now. If he doesn't want to see my thoughts, its up to him. icon_biggrin.gif

Faye was wearing an Orange strip, Baz could do nothing as he had no good players. Novo was out of order AND I saw Kris Boyd run the fastest hes ever ran going to get the ball for the UTD free-kick when they were time wasting.

My, my, one defeat and its descending into a nursery in here. Excellent.

Very frustrating afternoon for all the reasons given above and more. I mean, Amdy ****ing Faye. Still, irregardless of player selection, our set-up played right into United's hands. We really must employ more guile and pace going forward. The players are there on the bench and in the stands to do so.

Still didn't think they were worth any more than a point, but we've nicked our share of results this year in Europe already so only fair, I guess.

Originally posted by morton2003:

Where exactly did i say the league was over ?

I said going to make it 3 in a row big difference .

Credit to Walter Smith and his dire tactic to hand Dun utd the victory icon14.gif

Agreed

and to Peacemaker - When you beat us 3-0 I heard chants and talk of Rangers were going to romp to the SPL title. Funny that, now we're 3 points clear most of the fans are back to '' Leagues never over, only 11 games gone ''

Originally posted by McD:

and to Peacemaker - When you beat us 3-0 I heard chants and talk of Rangers were going to romp to the SPL title.

Hahaha, from who? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many of my friends, hence the '' + Not aiming at you ''

The next three games are I.C.T St Mirren & Falkirk so we should be beating these sorts of teams. 3 points is nothing considering the current Celtic side, but disappointing after such a great week of walking over Celtic and drawing Barca to loose to Utd.

I’d have put Boyd on from the start and said prove me wrong! It’s a strong squad but Walter has to work out the Best way to use it. icon_wink.gif

Be interesting if we make it to the last 16 and the money involved as to who he might bring in at the next Window. I know a left back is needed and a decent winger on any side.

Goodness me I expected a difficult game but I didn't expect us to play so badly again in the league.

Most stuff has been said already (not from the troll obviously) but in defence of Amdy Faye, he wasn't any worse than most of the rest of the team. Our whole midfield was awful.

A fine win last week ruined with more inconsistency. Bit disappointed in the manager today - thought he should have changed things after 25 mins and was really surprised not to see Naismith come on.

Chin still up though.

it wasn't Faye's fault as most were quite awful, based on the goals we lost it wasn't his fault anyway

but he just looked terrible, gave away posession with almost every pass, kept getting in the way of Thomson and Ferguson and he just needs to go away somewhere - away from Ibrox

Oh he was very poor but after about 30mins I thought he started to find his feet a little and was certainly better than Thomson who was abysmal in the first half.

We did OK in the 2nd half but once we let them back in front we never really looked like equalising again. How we only made 2 subs really puzzled me - Ferguson was knackered, McCulloch very poor and we could have even taken off a defender for a creative player.

Lots of questions today and we didn't have too many answers unfortunately.

Faye doesn't even look like a footballer. He was decent for Portsmouth. Mediocre at Newcastle, crap at Charlton and disastrous for us. I don't recall a decent game he's played in 2 years. Saying that though, there was no need for a 3 man midfield against a team like Dun Utd. Would have preferred Nacho and Cousin up front with McCulloch behind him. And how lightweight does Beasley look? icon_redface.gif

Motherwell away in the CIS Cup in midweek, should be fun icon_cool.gif

play the same way as we did against them a few weeks ago and how we have been playing away, we are going out icon14.gif

think the biggest question is why we are starting with 4-5-1 against Dundee Utd/Motherwell etc, against Celtic and in Europe it's maybe feasible but it's just not doing anything against teams who will sit in and catch you on the break and it's going to continue to cost us icon_frown.gif

Yeah I thought Faye totally got in the way in that first half. I think if we had approached the whole game as we did once we went 4-4-2 we could have stolen a point. As Sav said, with the current Celtic side not really being that hot the title race is far from over and tbf Levein has got United playing well. Just very disappointed in our overall performance tbh.

Faye had a few good games for us at the start of the season, but after that his confidence went and he was atrocious, put in some of the worst performances ive seen a player put in for Charlton. Complete and utter confidence player.

• SI Staff

Amdy Faye ffs. Possibly the worst player I've seen in a Rangers shirt in a number of years, and I include Egil Ostenstad in that.

Can anyone explain why Novo played on the left and Beasley played on the right?

Originally posted by sav112:

Egil Ostenstad dont! that name Scares me. He did do a great tree impression all the same…

Wrong Sav, even trees move. Never seen Lord of the Rings! His movement was similar to that of Nelson's Column, stuck in mud!

Flo's problem was his price tag and what he did in Europe/against Celtic

his record in the SPL against other clubs actually wasn't that bad (1 in 2 I think it was) but Europe and games against Celtic are where you need to do the business and he didn't

I can name worse ones though, Prodan, Eggen, Capucho, Ostenstadt, Emerson....probably a lot more out there but Faye is very close to joining the list icon_mad.gif could probably put Seb Rozenhal there as well, although I felt sorry for him as he looked good when he wasn't in the treatment room (which wasn't a lot unfortunately)

Archived